Spectrum Financial Alliance Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
C Kelly Buckley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Management"

I have been working at Spectrum Financial Alliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work with exceptional benefits and pay. Proven system in place, a firm that is continually growing, strong leadership

Cons

If you are a person that is not detailed oriented or wants to excel this is not the place for you.

2. "Premier Kentucky Wealth Management Firm"

Current Employee - Financial Planner
    Current Employee - Financial Planner

I have been working at Spectrum Financial Alliance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place for continued learning and career advancement. Looking to help as many clients as possible. Stellar benefits and compensation. Efficient small office team with a culture based on team driven success.

Cons

High level of ability is necessary to complete daily tasks. Must be able to multi-task.

Advice to Management

Continue fostering a strong learning environment and strong internal and external communications.

"Not the place for me."

I worked at Spectrum Financial Alliance full-time

Pros

Great pay. Fully paid medical. Frequent raises based on performance.

Cons

Uses higher than average pay to pigeonhole people into staying. The .level of abuse and constant threat that you may lose your job because you forgot something, even inconsequential is just not worth the money. No boundaries, whatsoever. If you love high stress, then go for it - but not if you're a woman. Just trust me on this.

Advice to Management

BOUNDARIES

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Spectrum Financial Alliance full-time

Pros

Spectrum is a great place to work - we put our clients interest first and the golden rule is the guiding principal for our firm. We work as a team to accomplish goals and help our clients in an exciting fast paced environment.

Cons

We work as a team and hold each other accountable - if you are not comfortable with that this may not be the best place for you.

5. "Operations Manager"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Nicholasville, KY
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Nicholasville, KY

I worked at Spectrum Financial Alliance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tremendous positive environment and working with great people. World class leadership!

Cons

You need to focus on doing your work very well to be successful in the high expectations firm.

Advice to Management

Continue mentoring and teaching. You are great at it!

"Tyrannical, verbally abusive, blame-shifting, hotheaded boss"

I worked at Spectrum Financial Alliance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits including fully employer-paid health insurance (minus some women's health needs), nice coworkers, dog-friendly office environment, and boss can be very helpful at first, especially if he likes you. He even purchased a company vehicle for cute young female employees' use...

Cons

Tyrannical, verbally abusive, blame-shifting, paternalistic, hot-headed boss who had literal tantrums. He had more problems with female employees than male and refused to cover some women's health and family planning issues. Unwilling to pay for experienced and skilled employees, also not open to many suggestions from them about how to improve his business. Wanted everything done his way even when it wasn't working. Very politically and religiously charged environment, very unaccepting of diversity, rigid and difficult to work with. Expected emails, calls and texts to be promptly answered even after hours, holidays and weekends. My previous negative review and others have vanished somehow.

Advice to Management

With such biases, emotional immaturity and other faults it would be wise to acknowledge and rely on your employees' knowledge and experience and allow them to run a better business for you.

"Run the other way!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Spectrum Financial Alliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and that’s it.

Cons

Everything about employment with this company is negative. It is a very hostile working environment and the most unprofessional place I have ever worked.

Advice to Management

No point in giving him advice, as he stated himself “There is nothing I can learn from any of you that I don’t already know myself.”

"Don’t waste your time here, PLEASE!!"

Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in Nicholasville, KY
    Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in Nicholasville, KY

I have been working at Spectrum Financial Alliance part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You work with some good people for a short period of time.

Cons

Those good people you work with for a short period of time get smart and leave, a lot. If you like training personnel over and over more than doing your actual job, this place is for you!

Advice to Management

Sell the firm and run.

"Get finance on your resume and get out"

I worked at Spectrum Financial Alliance full-time

Pros

Good place to get a finance firm on your resume. Options in Lexington can be slim and hard to break out to other cities.

Cons

Everything else.
    -if you want to learn how to poorly manage money this is the place to go.
    -if you want to learn how not to manage a company, this is the place to go.
    -if you want to learn how to hide poor returns by picking inappropriate benchmarks, short time horizons, or irrelevant comparisons. This is the place to go.
    I mean seriously, look at this 5 year performance. Can probably train a monkey how to allocate better and not pay a 1% fee.

All of this comes from the top. Resulting in high turnover on full time staff. In my time there, the only people who took jobs were in a bad situation and jest needed a job.

Advice to Management

Learn to manage money and people. Look at yourself and ask how long the full time staff has been there. Is it that everyone you hired since starting is a bad employee and leaves? Or is it something you are doing that makes everyone leave.

"Good"

Former Employee - Lead in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Lead in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Spectrum Financial Alliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many opportunities for learning. There is value to be added with hard work and perfect execution. Good solid pay and flexible scheduling. U.K. Fan for a boss!

Cons

Managing principal a bit controlling. There is a bit of blame shifting and fear based discipline. Not the best atmosphere for the faint of heart.

Advice to Management

Keep truckin