Spectrum Healthcare Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

George Tracy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Resource Nurse"

I have been working at Spectrum Healthcare Resources part-time

Pros

They accommodate a flexible schedule.

Cons

My hours often get cut which can be frustrating.

2. "CST"

I have been working at Spectrum Healthcare Resources full-time

Pros

i like working there a lot and the people are great

Cons

i want to move to grand rapids

3. "Employment Specialist Review"

Former Employee - Employment Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Employment Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Spectrum Healthcare Resources (More than a year)

Pros

Spectrum is a staffing agency that staff providers, RN, and many other clinical positions to military bases/hospitals and VA clinics around the country. Spectrum is owned by TeamHealth based out of Knoxville, TN. All benefits are based from TeamHealth. They offer a complete medical, dental, and vision package along with a 401k.

My first position out of college was with Spectrum and i started as a Management Trainee. My manager was a great mentor and taught me so much during my time as a trainee. Each week, we had one on one meetings to go over how things were going and to learn new things about the company and things that would better help my position. Since i was a trainee, i had t to learn most of the different departments of the company. Recruiting, customer service/timesheets, compliance, payroll, and even running the front desk. This gave me a better understanding and set me up to succeed as an employment specialist. In this position, i recruited and was the point of contact for all site employees (contractors). I had to fill all open positions and answer any questions regarding their work, payroll, PTO, or any other work related issue for those same positions.

In this position, i really got to create relationships with the site employees and the position came very easy and natural after that. Of course, there were some difficult times, but for the most part i enjoyed my time there.

The other employees in the corporate office were amazing as well. All of them were always willing to drop whatever they were doing to help you with whatever issue i had. They worked hard, but we also made time to have fun..or as much fun you could have in an office.

The company does allow you to travel (with your client relations manager) to the sites that you work with and cover all travel expenses for you.

Overall, the executive leadership wants you to learn and to succeed and really do try to help you do that. They all have an open door policy and welcome you to come by any time. The only reason I left Spectrum is because an opportunity at a large company with better benefits came along and i could not say no.

Cons

Like in any recruiting position, there is cold calling....from and endless list of number of people who do not want to talk to you and could care less of what you have to say. Management says they prefer that recruiters and employment specialists cold call at least two hours a day, but most don't. Most resume mine and email the prospective candidates and also do some calls after reviewing their resume so they have a better understanding of the person.

The recruiters, employment specialists, and management trainees all share a weekly on-call schedule and have to be available 24/7. The only benefit to this is to choose a day where you only work a half day. No pay for it.

None of the corporate employees are making much and they all complain about it...and rightly so...you really do not make what you deserve there. The only ones who make good money are the executive leadership. Recruiters and Employment Specialists do get commissions on what the recruit, but half of it is taken out of taxes. Shocker... The only positions that actually get a decent commissions are family practice and internal medicine providers. the rest are nice, but nothing significant.

After getting to a recruiter status, there really is not much room to move up from there. The next position from there is a client relations manager or a different managerial position and none of those people ever leave. There is heavy turnover there.

Of course any company has cons, but the experiences gained outweighed the cons in my book.

Advice to Management

Give the employees an option for assistance in continuing education.

i am sure the do market analysis' for the pay rate of their employees, but most really are underpaid and need more.

4. "None"

Former Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Adams, TN
    Former Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Adams, TN

I worked at Spectrum Healthcare Resources (More than a year)

Pros

Very good company...left with very positive impresions.

Cons

One, two, three, four, none

"Company is OK Do NOT work Contract for USAF"

Former Employee - RN Staff in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - RN Staff in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

The company rep was kind and somewhat supportive when I had a problem soon after hiring. I have learned that contract employees with the USAF is NOT a secure place ti be

Cons

DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT WORKING CONTRACT FOR THE MILITARY IF YOU HAVE HALF OF A BRAIN. You are not allowed to think for yourself. The nurse orienting me was very unprofessional and made snide remarks about the other staff!1

Advice to Management

Screen out applicants to military facility if they are able to think for themselves....not allowed when working contract at the USAF!

6. "Psychiatric Technician"

I worked at Spectrum Healthcare Resources full-time

Pros

Multiple locations and job positions available

Cons

HR is located in another state and can be hard to reach.

7. "Psychiatric nurse assistant"

Current Employee - Psychiatric Technician in Jacksonville, NC
    Current Employee - Psychiatric Technician in Jacksonville, NC

I have been working at Spectrum Healthcare Resources (More than a year)

Pros

The company is goal oriented and they assist with making sure you have information to remain employed. They assist in linking you with employment that you have experience in.

Cons

They are not any downsides except for them not being in this state. You will not be able to have face to face communication that much.

Advice to Management

I currently do not have any advice for management because they are doing a wonderful job with making sure their employees have what is needed.

8. "Not great company to work for"

Pros

Flexible schedules with part-time role

Cons

Not great pay, poor benefits (especially PTO)

9. "Depressing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Spectrum Healthcare Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work-life balance is good.

Cons

Very low pay and expensive yet useless benefits.

Advice to Management

It would be good if there was a demonstrated appreciation for employees as assets and human kind.

10. "Seeking better opportunities"

Former Employee - Credentials Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Credentials Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Spectrum Healthcare Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible with time and attendance

Cons

VERY LOW PAY......... No room for growth......Training sucks ......

Advice to Management

Teach your employees how to do the job correctly