Spencer Industries Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Martin Lawrence
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great people, interesting niche."

Pros

Friendly people to work with, growing business.

Cons

At the time the office was in El Monte (long drive and small building) but later moved to City of Industry to a much larger facility.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with growing the company and stay true to caring about your employees

2. "Not Terrible"

Former Employee - CNC/Thermoforming Machine Operator in Dale, IN
    Former Employee - CNC/Thermoforming Machine Operator in Dale, IN

I worked at Spencer Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay started off small but after the probationary period, the pay was a lot better.

Cons

There isn't much room for advancement unless you obtain further education. Even then it is extremely rare that a new spot opens up for you. Weekends were required many times.

Advice to Management

Although you are a small business, keep you employees interested and goal driven.

3. "I enjoy my job."

Current Employee - Utility Driver in Dale, IN
    Current Employee - Utility Driver in Dale, IN

Pros

The pay is good and the hours are consistant. I am told "good job" when I do a good job. The supervisors on my shift are so easy to work for and helpful when needed. We enjoy 'team work'. That's important to me. I don't feel like a number but a human being. Over the years I've seen the company change while endeavoring to make Spencer's a better, safer and more efficient place to work. They have accomplished that to some extent. I really like the 'cell' concept. It makes my job a lot easier and it is much more efficient due to less handling of the product. The wheels on saws, tables etc. have also been good for efficiency and a much safer way to transport them.

Cons

The heat in the summer is a factor. I would like to see gater aid supplied for the operators again. The hand off sheets concerning pastic location could use a bit more fine tuning but have been very helpful. For our shift, it would also be helpful to have the numbers of the pallets/skids renumbered on the concrete for easier and faster locating in the dark. Congested areas make it a bit more difficult to get into and out of safely as we are trying to do and put so much in such small areas but I suppose that can't be helped.

Advice to Management

Continue to remember that each employee is a human being and living with their own set of circumstances. No matter what shift I've worked on over the years, I've always been treated fairly and with dignity. Not all work places do that. I would like to see that continue, especially in these leaner economic times when no one is assured of tomorrow. And keep up the good work in posting information pertaining to our overall status, ratios and goals. I appreciate that.