Cover image for Spiceworks Ziff Davis

59% Recommend to a Friend
68% Approve of CEO

Found 200 of over 226 reviews

3.6
Spiceworks Ziff Davis President Steve Horowitz (no image)
Steve Horowitz

78 Comments

Tech

641.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Spiceworks Ziff Davis~324872
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Spiceworks Ziff Davis? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Spiceworks Ziff Davis employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Work Family I’ve Ever Had

Jan 9, 2023 - Client Success Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

SWZD is a place of inclusion and diversity. I feel like I can be my authentic self and know that I’ll be supported and encouraged to keep doing so. With work in this industry a lot is similar from day to day tasks, but what keeps me here and to keep striving is hands down the people that I get to work with. Everyone is always looking out for each other and the transparency is appreciated.

Cons

With a lot of changes and growth come growing pains. There have been quite a few adjustments and reallocations within the org.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Weathering Changes

Feb 6, 2023 - Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Community Culture is great to be a part of

Cons

Organizational changes have been constants for several years and still in progress.

3. Join the Spiceworks Ziff Davis team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee

New leadership doesn't value employees

Jan 23, 2023 - Client Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work with flexible hybrid work option Quarterly bonus payout

Cons

Downfall of internal teams New leadership not willing to adjust

5. 1.0

Expect layoffs

Feb 1, 2023 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some people could be great to work with. Health insurance wasn't awful.

Cons

This company doesn't even try to hide the fact that it prefers cheap labor over quality labor. You'll meet someone, work with for four months, and then they'll be replaced by someone in India who won't last longer than six months (because this company is so cheap that it can't even pay a living wage in India). They've laid off whole departments on a whim, with no plans on how to make up for lost revenue or support. Pass over any opportunities from them unless you're desperate.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Most flexible, easy and relaxed job

Dec 12, 2022 - Customer Success Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

You are left alone for the most part and don't feel micromanaged at all Everyone was a joy to work with besides 1 person WFA (work from anywhere) is extremely convenient and encouraged Unlimited PTO was very nice

Cons

It was almost too relaxed and too easy that you kind of lose motivation to excel Can be mundane after a while Not the most exciting product to sell Sometimes it felt like no one knew what they were doing Not much exposure to growth since most everyone stays working remote Lack of connection to your work family because no one is ever in office (its optional) and when I would go to the office it was a ghost town, so you never got to meet anyone

7. 4.0

Solid Company

Nov 7, 2022 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Treat you pretty well, nice co workers.

Cons

In the pivot stage. Things are changing.

8. 2.0

Going, gone

Nov 15, 2022 - Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some good people and flexible working.

Cons

Not a real company and no direction.

9. 4.0

Good company

Oct 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and culture; work from anywhere

Cons

Lots of change and ambiguity

10. 2.0
    Former Employee

What once was magical is now a mess

Oct 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I could fill up this section with wonderful experiences prior to J2 Global's purchase and the hiring of new leadership.

Cons

The new head honcho came in over the summer telling us he was a "poop umbrella" (he said the other word of course, but keeping it PG here). What he meant was that he was going to protect us from corporate and constantly said there'd be no layoffs, but in fact, more hiring. He was instead just a poop umbrella in terms of not being a very good shield, or maybe just a liar. They had a big layoff and are outsourcing everything to India and doing bit contracts. I really feel bad for the IT pros who rely on Spiceworks to advance their careers, they are no longer cared for and what is being given to them is no longer personal, researched, or well thought out.

5 people found this review helpful
  11. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Company is plummeting

Nov 2, 2022 - Lead Generation Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

This was the best company I ever worked for! Amazing people, great benefits, enjoyable work, work from literally anywhere, great company culture, felt taken care of and appreciated. That was all before the switch to J2 Global

Cons

After new leadership and internal changes, everything went to hell. Amazing employees that had given so much to this company for years were thrown to the dogs. Laid off an entire department and multiple people from other departments and outsourced everything to India. Made us feel like they cared for their employees and then showed their true colors. This company will not value you in the long run and will replace you in the blink of an eye with someone from India. Avoid at all costs!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 200 Reviews
</>Embed

Spiceworks Ziff Davis Reviews FAQs

Spiceworks Ziff Davis has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 226 reviews left anonymously by employees. 59% of employees would recommend working at Spiceworks Ziff Davis to a friend and 50% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -13% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Spiceworks Ziff Davis employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Spiceworks Ziff Davis. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.

59% of Spiceworks Ziff Davis employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Spiceworks Ziff Davis 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Spiceworks Ziff Davis to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be compensation, management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Spiceworks Ziff Davis Job Seekers