KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Spiegel Accountancy Reviews

Updated Oct 1, 2019

Found 9 of over 9 reviews

3.6

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0

Great company, great people

Business Outlook

Pros

By far, this is the best firm I have worked for. There has always existed opportunities for professional and personal development if you are someone who is ready and willing to step up and be a contributing force. Management is considerate of work/life balances and are conscientious to acknowledge the hard work of their staff. Other attributes of the firm: integrity, professionalism, team atmosphere, convenient location, culturally diverse. I truly enjoy everyone I work with, the experience I have gained and the continued opportunities to advance within the firm.

Cons

Communication is always tricky in any firm. Management is very aware of the need for increased, streamlined communication between management and staff as well as between the various departments, and I have noticed a vast improvement in recent months.

2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Why my bad review was erased!?

Oct 1, 2019 - Accountant in Pleasant Hill, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are “nice” in general as long as you mind your business.

Cons

1. My bad review was posted and then got deleted? 2. One of the female principle seems nice but will stab you in the back and talk trash 3. The Admin team always got praised the most. Like they are the one doing all the jobs. 4. They brag how much the interns will learn. Totally not true. 5. There are politics .... so many politics for this small CPA firm. 6. They hire some cheap labor from Philippines and work them to death during busy season.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to start

Dec 13, 2017 - Senior Staff
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working with Spiegel for three years now and they genuinely care about the people. I got a good exposure to different industries and situation which gave me a ton of knowledge early in my career. The work environment is very rewarding and the management team does an excellent job in motivating and leading the staff. There is a good emphasis on work-life balance during off season which includes out of office activities, holidays and post busy season celebrations. The best thing about working here is your hard work doesn’t get unnoticed and you are rewarded for that for sure.

Cons

The busy season is very busy which is typical for public accounting. Extra hours are required to meet client demands from Jan-April

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to work

Dec 13, 2017 - Tax Senior in Pleasant Hill, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love to work in Spiegel Accountancy Corporation. The working environment is friendly and everyone is kind. Managers and seniors are all willing to help and train new staff. Many clients are in the industry of mortgage banking and private lender industry so that I can learn a lot regarding financial industry tax practice. Company is growing fast and is ranking #4270 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies in America in 2017 with 61% growth over the last three years. My value is taken care with proper promotion and salary increase. I would say it would definitely a great place to work and grow in my career.

Cons

Not quite near the Bart Station

5. 5.0

work/life balance

Business Outlook

Pros

You can work in a tax firm and still have a work/life balance here. A relaxed office environment that offers lots of perks (firm events, snacks, massages, sporting events). Friendly group of people. Everyone is approachable, including the boss. Management encourages advancement for staff with mentoring and establishing goals. Spiegel offers opportunities for continuing education. The staff is exposed to a wide variety of tax issues, while providing the necessary training. Work schedules are accommodating for commuting hours and family obligations. It’s not uncommon to have ice cream socials or nacho bars. Generally, a great place to come and work for.

Cons

Tax season can be stressful at times

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Working at Spiegel Accountancy Corp.

Sep 7, 2016 - Office Manager in Pleasant Hill, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team atmosphere, people are great to work with and supportive in our growth. Manager's are willing to help anyone out. Diverse clientele. Family oriented. It's a fast paced busy firm that also takes time monthly to have little festivities to celebrate our team and/or to do fun activities.

Cons

No work environment is perfect but SAC is a great place to work. SAC is not a large firm but tries to keep competitive in benefits and salary.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to start your career

Business Outlook

Pros

There are great opportunities for career development and managements ensures that you not only have career goals but are meeting them as well. It’s a great place to start your career and learn more about the accounting and auditing field. They also make sure to have plenty of company activities to keep morale high and reward for all the hard work and long hours during season. The people here are enjoyable and make working here a fun environment.

Cons

Long hours during busy season

8. 1.0
    Former Employee

It's a zoo where the animals eat each other.

Aug 21, 2015 - Staff Accountant in Pleasant Hill, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are no positives about his place. Sleep on a friend couch instead...!

Cons

Simply a horrible work environment. No one will help you. They hire entry level and "pay below entry level" but expect a person with 5 years experience. Good people don't last or stay there.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee

Stay away

Nov 29, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to start right out of college

Cons

Experienced staff stay away, the worst company i have ever worked for. The turnover is very high. The competent management and staff doesn't last long here.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews