Spielman Koenigsberg & Parker Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 14 reviews

3.2

"Admin"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Spielman Koenigsberg & Parker full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

-Open door policy. -Comfortable, friendly and professional work environment. -Good opportunities for growth and advancement. -Wide range of clients and areas of expertise. -Great location. -Genuine care/concern for clients AND employees. -Team-based culture.

Cons

-Stress levels are raised during busy seasons. Although, this is not truly a "con" as it is expected and most likely unavoidable.

Spielman Koenigsberg & Parker2018-02-05
  2. "Great place to learn"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Spielman Koenigsberg & Parker for more than 6 years

Pros

Competitive salary and great people

Cons

work / life balance

Spielman Koenigsberg & Parker2019-01-27
  3. "A Learning Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Spielman Koenigsberg & Parker full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

-Made a few cool friends

Cons

-revolving door -not conducive for growing -partners are rude and disrespectful to women employees -very low salary compared to expectations

Spielman Koenigsberg & Parker2019-01-16
  4. "It's an OK place"

I worked at Spielman Koenigsberg & Parker full-time

Pros

It's a small company, the clients are pretty interesting, the people are amazing

Cons

Not much upward movement and you work hard to get nowhere

Spielman Koenigsberg & Parker2018-08-01
  5. "Would suggest to a friend"

I have been working at Spielman Koenigsberg & Parker full-time

Pros

Room to grow and advance

Cons

Very old school - could use updating

Spielman Koenigsberg & Parker2017-04-04
  6. "Good so far!"

I have been working at Spielman Koenigsberg & Parker full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management seems interested in the experience and comfort of new employees; on-boarding and training is hands-on as long as the person you're replacing is available; cross-training of employees means that vacations are not just delayed-work-exercises in futility; office atmosphere is professional but welcoming; great beverage accommodations; great views from windows in offices and lunch room.

Cons

Turnover of entry-level employees can force a lot of training and re-training; some of the systems could be streamlined, and others are being streamlined slowly; the in-building cafeteria only takes cash & ATM has fees.

Advice to Management

Any system that was set up and left in place without updates or improvements in the last decade can probably be improved upon for efficiency and ease of access. 401 K mystery-potential-annual-bonus-charades feels like arbitrary lip-service.

Spielman Koenigsberg & Parker2016-06-21

February 28, 2018Co managing partner

401k has an uninterrupted string of employer match for more than 20 years. Technology is state of the art and further upgrades coming in the summer of 2018.

7. "Nothing Special"

I worked at Spielman Koenigsberg & Parker full-time

Pros

High profile clients, cool co-workers, nice office, free snacks and bagels when you're working uncompensated overtime

Cons

Compensation on the low end, benefits are lousy (employer contributes nothing to 401k, does not reimburse for CPE or tuition, makes no investment whatsoever in employees), NO BONUS (except a cheap trinket around Christmas time), mandatory Saturday's in the office from February through April, heavily antiquated technology (if any), high turnover, no advancement, micromanagement... Some partners and managers are a little...

Advice to Management

NYC is a competitive marketplace, you can reduce turnover by offering fair compensation and benefits and making investments in your people. Micromanagement style pushes people out the door as well

Spielman Koenigsberg & Parker2016-06-24

"management could use people skill classes"

I worked at Spielman Koenigsberg & Parker for more than 4 years

Pros

goodies at tax time - ok holiday party

Cons

High turnover - revolving door

Spielman Koenigsberg & Parker2015-12-18

February 28, 2018Co managing partner

Contrary to your view on turnover, overall firm turnover is extremely low. We care about our employees and are careful who we hire. Proof is in the pudding as we have a long history of even rehiring people when they believe the grass may be greener on the other side.....the people ...

9. "Not enough $"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in New York, NY

I worked at Spielman Koenigsberg & Parker full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The firm has an impressive pool of clients, you'll regularly work on engagements for famous celebrities and athletes There are some cool people in the office The office itself is nice

Cons

Benefits are bare minimum...employer doesn't match 401k, doesn't reimburse for tuition or any professional development/CPA, and PTO is a full week less than most comparable positions There's no bonus and overall, compensation lags behind comparable positions There are firm-wide mandatory busy season hours (but no increased pay or bonus to compensate you for the minimum 25% bump in your hours for 3 months... You...

Advice to Management

You have to pay your people more money or they will always have one foot out there door

Spielman Koenigsberg & Parker2015-06-21

February 28, 2018Co managing partner

401 k has always been matched and salary levels are commensurate with performance and ahead of the industry and competitors.

10. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Spielman Koenigsberg & Parker full-time

Pros

Many well known clients New well maintained offices Nice work environment with very nice people working in the firm I have been working there for some time and I see people that are currently working there for many years Company outing, tax season snacks, lunches, after tax season parties

Cons

We have good Health Insurance, but I believe it can be improved

Advice to Management

Make some time and ask how each one is doing and how we are feeling working here, not only during review time. Otherwise keep it up.

Spielman Koenigsberg & Parker2015-06-04