Spire Digital Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "The Best"

Current Employee - Office Manager/Executive Assistant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Office Manager/Executive Assistant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Spire Digital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a really great Company with Leadership that inspires you to learn and grow. The team is very well rounded with smart hardworking people that are a joy to be around. The office has a unique layout that lends itself well to collaboration. It is also stocked with great snacks and equipped with a state of the art Coffee machine to help keep us all happy and focused. We also host a variety of fun events and have opportunities to give back to our community which always feels great.

Cons

I have no complaints at this time

Advice to Management

Keep up it up, this place is great.

2. "Striving for Excellence"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Spire Digital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Spire is a great company with a truly talented team of individuals. In terms of a company willing to make great strides for improvement, Spire has set itself apart tremendously. For a company and team to recognize and admit its weaknesses and address them effectively takes a lot of commitment from the management and employees.

Every aspect of this team from bottom to the top is talented and driven. This team is great to be a part of and they help make Spire what it is today. From the delivery team, developers, designers, and "sales" (problem solvers) they really have some of the best talents in Colorado, which is why so many people I know have asked about how to get into this company.

Being in an agency/digital firm there are a lot of projects coming in, which allows for developers to really hone their skills and work on some new ones at the same time. Though it's extremely fast-paced and challenging, the reward is really high when you finish each project.

Cons

With every growing company, there are always things that can help a company improve.

Some projects are given more importance than other projects, may have to do with time and whom the project is for, which can cause other projects to be pushed off and the quality of the delivery suffers sometimes.

With a fast-paced workflow, there is really no downtime or time for you to go back and refactor or utilize a code review that much. This also means that there is no opportunity for the development team to take on a new developer who is trying to learn (Jr Level). I believe in paying it forward and helping bring in talent with less knowledge get some valuable experience to help them in their career helps make our tech market in Denver thrive more.

Parking around Capitol Hill is not really ideal and you have to know where to park, and when to show up to get the parking spots. It can be difficult at times to find a place to park, but if you are willing to pay for parking they help to reimburse you for the lot behind Spire and usage of public transport.

Advice to Management

Projects directly with client teams or teams with minimal resources from Spire should still in some way get the full process that Spire has spent a lot of time developing. Use this process (project management, ticket tracking, development, design/dev review and QA) in every project as this will help set up the team member on this project succeed.

Do not ever stop trying to improve or make each part of your team and company better.

3. "Great place , smart people, interesting projects"

I have been working at Spire Digital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Spire Digital is an excellent place to work with a diverse group of team members and clients. The projects are challenging and Spire expects a lot from its people. Work/life balance is incredible and so are the benefits (paid healthcare, quarterly profit sharing, unlimited PTO).

Spire in an company that promotes personal responsibility, accountability, growth, and success both in the office and out.

Cons

There's not much to complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

4. "Keep it up"

I have been working at Spire Digital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, unlimited PTO. Lots of friends at work.

Projects are fun an innovative. Great team dynamics ensure that we have support on the projects in areas where we need help, or while we are on vacation. Extremely high success rate on projects means dealing with happy clients and feeling a sense of accomplishment.

Food and Beer provided. Lots of recognition for accomplishments.

Cons

Rapid growth has created the need to rapidly hire more employees. Can be frustrating when a new hire isn't up to the standards of the rest of the team.

5. "Spire is an amazing company"

Current Employee - QA Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - QA Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Spire Digital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, unlimited PTO, dogs at work, quarterly profit sharing, positive work culture that is like family, working on multiple concurrent projects with exciting tech, the team is made up of the brightest and most capable people.

Cons

The nature of agency work naturally leads to extremely busy periods, punctuated by brief slow periods.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Thank you for making Spire awesome!

"Incredible Place to Work"

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Spire Digital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unlimited PTO, great environment, really smart people, lots of opportunities to grow, strong support and mentorship, full health insurance, lots of fun.

Cons

Can't really think of any.

"Great place to work"

Pros

Unlimited time off, Dogs, Beer, Naps

Cons

Parking downtown can be tricky

"Grateful to work for this company!"

I have been working at Spire Digital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So many - every day, I feel so happy to be here. The leadership is amazing, with a constant open door policy. You consistently get feedback and people are always willing and happy to help you out. Spire offers at atmosphere for trying new things, learning new things, and makes you feel like you can have a voice. The clients are awesome, and there is a consistent mission to do good work. The people are fair, honest, open, fun and smart. We are doing things to add to culture, too. I find that Spire has some great processes in place and the leadership is open to new ideas too. The office itself is super cool, and there are the perks of snacks too. This is an awesome place to work, with wonderful teammates, and I believe we will continue down this great path.

Also- the benefits are great! I've seen a variety of benefits in my past jobs and I think these are the best I've had. I can't speak to health benefits if you have any dependents, but as an individual they are solid. We also have a monthly all hands meeting that is great.

Cons

Someone on here mentioned that it's a con not to have free parking; Spire does give you $$ toward parking and that's more than I can say for other companies I've worked for. The size of the lot just doesn't allow for a parking space that fits all employees - I'm sure if it was bigger we would have that as an option.

Advice to Management

Management makes this a great place to work so in many ways I think they should keep doing what they are doing. Based on some negative reviews, it might be helpful to solicit feedback from employees once a quarter, or perhaps we can implement a suggestion box to see what folks may be looking for in addition to what's being offered.

"The CEO "asked" for the good reviews on here..."

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Spire Digital full-time

Pros

It's a fun workspace, good location.

Cons

Agency work can be tough - but Spire makes it straight up difficult. The turnover rate here is incredibly high, salaries are low, and management cares about nothing except the dollar. You can do a lot better than Spire, especially in the current Denver environment. I'm in the process of interviewing elsewhere now.

Oh, and all the recent good reviews? The CEO of the company kindly "asked" for employees to post positive reviews.

Spire Digital Response

Jun 14, 2018

I am so sorry to hear that you're not happy at Spire. That means that I have failed, and that kills me. The satisfaction of our employees is my TOP priority. I would love to sit down with you, with... More

"Good work, Poor for workers"

Pros

They do great work and great people to work with

Cons

Management, benefits, pay, occasional work/life balance not so great depending upon position

Spire Digital Response

Jun 14, 2018

Thanks for the feedback. We are working everyday to improve. In the year+ since this was posted, we have made great strides in the four areas you mentioned and we truly hope that, if you worked at... More