Spireon Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Spireon CEO Kevin Weiss
Kevin Weiss

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance, for some people (in 6 reviews)

• Great people, leading edge technologies, great benefits, great environment to work with (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • s a lot to be done and upper management is being very creative with ways to assign multiple (in 9 reviews)

• In terms of work/life balance, as a start-up with a VC presence, expect to work more than 60 hours a week (in 5 reviews)

1. "Huge potential, lots of opportunities"

I have been working at Spireon full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunities for techies to solve big data and IoT problems. Operates very much like a startup with a high degree of customer an sales focus. HR creates a very positive work environment and the onboarding process was one of the best I experienced.

Cons

Challenges are fairly common to the industry - so no surprises. Still relatively new here, but first impressions and outlook are great.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. "Sales Executive"

I have been working at Spireon full-time

Pros

Decent Pay, some new leadership over the past year. Lots of changes which some have been good. Has potential to make good money.

Cons

Commissions consistently paid late, old sales management style. Environment where things don't change and management isn't willing too. Positioning the company to sell. Call center environment. Tried to stray away from Telemarketing but all KPI feels like telemarketers.

Advice to Management

Listen to your best reps, don't take them for granted.

"Great Company with Awesome Work/Life Balance"

Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work/life balance is very important to the management. Supportive co-workers. Great benefits

Cons

Pay doesn't compete with some of the biger-name companies.

Advice to Management

More fun things to do around the office and more opportunities to get to mingle with co-workers (happy hour, office lunches, etc)

"Nice, Friendly, rewarding medium size company"

I have been working at Spireon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Life-work balance
    Co-workers
    I have worked for big tech companies in LA area and I can say Spireon is better. Benefits are standard but they do care about employees and work hard to keep a good morale.
    This is one of the few times (maybe only) that I enjoy going to work

Cons

More people is needed
    Spireon should expand to other countries (mexico and canada to begin)

Advice to Management

Continue keeping employees happy with a good morale.
    Continue building strong teams

5. "Great place to Grow"

Current Employee - Regional Field Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Field Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company keeps growing and growing. Utilizes all venues and the people here are great!!

Cons

A bit of lack of communication between departments, but has shown major improvement

Advice to Management

Better communication between the field guys and the office personal

6. "Excellent Company & Excellent Leadership"

Current Employee - Department Manager - Customer Service in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Department Manager - Customer Service in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Spireon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HR and management make career progression a priority
    Good pay
    Fun work environment
    Employee recognition is top priority
    CEO is excellent - Kevin is friendly and approachable and he genuinely cares about the employees. Its the first company I've worked at where the CEO set up small group meetings with every customer service rep in an effort to gather their feedback on what he can do to better both the business and their experience as Spireon employees.

Cons

Need to hire a few more IT helpdesk people

Advice to Management

Stay on the current track. Employees are happy, retention is up and people enjoy coming to work everyday.
    Hire a few more IT help desk reps

7. "Customer Account Manager"

Current Employee - Customer Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Our CEO has been GREAT - Kevin is very approachable and friendly and he truly does care about the employees at Spireon. I enjoy working everyday and being able to create a better work process for our end users.

Cons

I feel that our Customer Support for our ATI platform needs to be more proactive with our case handling. Our Customers depend on our system to be working and when they find an issue, they expect to have things resolved quickly.

Advice to Management

In the 3 years that I have been with Spireon, We have had massive change, but I have seen the moral up and the Employees are happy, retention is up and if we continue to strive for the best, our Customers win as we do too. I also think that we need to focus more into Mexico as there is a big market a cross the border.

"Something Special Brewing"

Current Employee - Finance in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Over the past year, I have seen a notable change in the culture and trajectory of Spireon. Leadership has made a concerted effort to support team members throughout the organization and double down on our products and customer service. While standards and expectations have risen for everyone, I have never been more bullish on our outlook.

Cons

The hours can be tough and requests to finance come from every corner of the organization, but we are recognized for our effort.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in our products and our people.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for a few Fortune 100 companies, including IBM, Wells Fargo, etc. and I would put Spireon up there in terms of how professionally the company is ran and managed, the great facility (in Irvine), and the benefits. One of the main reasons I left the big companies is because you're just a small player in a big place and stuck behind processes and don't have access to senior management. But at Spireon, you can make a big difference and can make a big change to the projects that you work on and to the company bottom line. The limit to what you can do is up to you and your capability. So if you are good at what you do and have the motivation and drive, then you will have some great opportunities.

The benefits here are also very good, on par or even better than some of the Fortune 500 companies.

Cons

As a younger and mid-sized company, there is some growing pains. There are not a lot of processes in place in some areas, but that can also be a good thing as you're not stuck behind processes that just don't work and you'll have opportunities to build them.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the company and the people.

"run away as fast as you can"

Pros

Some great people doing their best in an impossible situation

Cons

Yeah, no one is going to take these 5 star reviews from management seriously. Earlier this year, the Spireon Glassdoor rating was a more accurate 2.7, which I guess causes problems in recruiting? This is the worst place I have ever worked. A strange dysfunctional culture where raising quality issues puts a big target on your back, because the core value is not questioning anything so the place can be sold. An annoying high traffic "open office" setup with people packed together to save money on floor space. A weird disconnected sense of no integrity or accountability. Truly, genuinely evil HR. The technical chaos of a startup that was thrown together with duct tape only to be sold. I would strongly advise IT professionals to avoid this awful little company, and would strongly advise potential investors to be skeptical of every claim.

Note to current Spireon employees: when they get rid of you, HR will try to get you to sign a highly restrictive "Release of Claims" agreement, saying "oh, this is very standard".

Advice to Management

People are afraid to tell you the truth, so you probably don't hear it very often. Be aware that you are getting played by people with massive political skills, but no integrity or technical competence. Which actually is the whole story of Spireon.

Spireon Response

Jan 18, 2018 – Sr. Director Human Resources

At Spireon, all employees are encouraged to share their feedback with the management team, including an opportunity to share anonymously through our Employee Survey. Employees can also voice... More