Spireon Reviews | Glassdoor

Spireon CEO Kevin Weiss
Kevin Weiss

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • s a lot to be done and upper management is being very creative with ways to assign multiple (in 9 reviews)

• Some departments have lost so many people that no one has any historical knowledge of the product (in 8 reviews)

1. "Huge potential, lots of opportunities"

I have been working at Spireon full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunities for techies to solve big data and IoT problems. Operates very much like a startup with a high degree of customer an sales focus. HR creates a very positive work environment and the onboarding process was one of the best I experienced.

Cons

Challenges are fairly common to the industry - so no surprises. Still relatively new here, but first impressions and outlook are great.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Mediocre"

Pros

I was impressed with some of the people here. Surprised actually because it’s otherwise not a place where I would expect top talent.

Cons

Other people not so impressive. Arcane product. Tech debt. Tired culture. Definitely a blame culture that has resulted in loss of talent, both through firings and attrition.

Advice to Management

Meh culture. You are very quick to blame, but take very little responsibility for operational failures. Accountability starts at the top.

3. "Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Spireon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with and for, fast paced environment, profit sharing, starting from entry level there is good potential to work hard and grow your career while developing great skills.

Cons

with any growing company there are growing pains but if you dont like a lot of work and or cant take the pressure of an ever evolving technology based company then that could be a con.

Advice to Management

keep developing ways to have opportunities for advancement and growth for employees.

"Business results continue to decline for 2nd straight year under new CEO and Executive Team"

Former Employee - Director in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Irvine, CA

I worked at Spireon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance is good, decent co-workers, reasonable pay and benefits.

Work isn't overly difficult and the work environment was pleasant in Irvine.

Potential to grow technical skills if the company wasn't so short sighted, especially from a technology leadership perspective.

Cons

CEO and current leadership delivered another disappointing year of business results. Bonus last year were around the 50% range and this year they are even less. The gap between revenue and EBITIDA goals must be continuing to decline for the 2nd straight year as the bonus payout depends on how well the business performs relative to those 2 metrics.

I've read the other reviews about the CEO being nice, approachable, and driving changes. Unfortunately, the CEO and Executive Team's primary measure of success is delivering against revenue and EBITDA targets and this is the 2nd year in row results continue to decline. What makes it worse is the CEO keeps telling employees how great the business is doing and how they are knocking it out of the park, then he slashes bonuses right at the end of the fiscal year.

Advice to Management

This is more advice for the board.

This CEO and Executive Team is worse than the last. The failed to deliver on commitments for the 2nd year in a row, the lie to employees in an attempt to keep what good talent hasn't already left, and there's no clear plan to get the company back on track.

Time to hold the CEO and Executive Team accountable for a 2nd straight year of declining results and bring in Executives that don't just talk a good game but play a good game. Shareholders should be much more than disappointed with these types results and force the board to make changes even though the CEO is a buddy of the Private Equity Firm.

Love to see how the CEO and Executives try to explain away or make excuses for the terrible results they have delivered for 2 straight years. I don't even expect them to try.

"Lack of executive leadership accountability"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice headquarters facility. Remote offices are mediocre to unacceptable.

Telematics is an interesting problem space with many different opportunities.

Cons

Executive leadership has failed to deliver on commitments and continues to celebrate and make excuses for a lack of results. The executive team, especially the CEO should focus more on closing gaps against commitments instead of cheerleading and trying to convince employees company is headed in right direction

The core business has been declining for 3 years at an alarming rate with no signs or plans to turn it around.

Technology leadership is extremely short sighted and engineers are encouraged prioritize speed over quality and scalability.

Dissenting voices are drowned out by cheerleadering and weak leadership parroting what the executive team says.

Advice to Management

You are out of touch with the realities of the business. Focus on performance not perception, holding executives who continue to fail to deliver on commitments accountable. Employees want more than a job, there's little opportunity for career progression or focus on investing in employees to perform at higher levels.

"Sales Executive"

I have been working at Spireon full-time

Pros

Decent Pay, some new leadership over the past year. Lots of changes which some have been good. Has potential to make good money.

Cons

Commissions consistently paid late, old sales management style. Environment where things don't change and management isn't willing too. Positioning the company to sell. Call center environment. Tried to stray away from Telemarketing but all KPI feels like telemarketers.

Advice to Management

Listen to your best reps, don't take them for granted.

Spireon Response

Mar 12, 2018 – HR Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback on your experience with Spireon. You’re right - there have been challenges in the past with accurate payment of commissions. We are truly sorry... More

"Great Company with Awesome Work/Life Balance"

Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work/life balance is very important to the management. Supportive co-workers. Great benefits

Cons

Pay doesn't compete with some of the biger-name companies.

Advice to Management

More fun things to do around the office and more opportunities to get to mingle with co-workers (happy hour, office lunches, etc)

"Nice, Friendly, rewarding medium size company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Life-work balance
    Co-workers
    I have worked for big tech companies in LA area and I can say Spireon is better. Benefits are standard but they do care about employees and work hard to keep a good morale.
    This is one of the few times (maybe only) that I enjoy going to work

Cons

More people is needed
    Spireon should expand to other countries (mexico and canada to begin)

Advice to Management

Continue keeping employees happy with a good morale.
    Continue building strong teams

9. "Customer Account Manager"

Current Employee - Customer Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Our CEO has been GREAT - Kevin is very approachable and friendly and he truly does care about the employees at Spireon. I enjoy working everyday and being able to create a better work process for our end users.

Cons

I feel that our Customer Support for our ATI platform needs to be more proactive with our case handling. Our Customers depend on our system to be working and when they find an issue, they expect to have things resolved quickly.

Advice to Management

In the 3 years that I have been with Spireon, We have had massive change, but I have seen the moral up and the Employees are happy, retention is up and if we continue to strive for the best, our Customers win as we do too. I also think that we need to focus more into Mexico as there is a big market a cross the border.

10. "Great place to Grow"

Current Employee - Regional Field Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Field Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company keeps growing and growing. Utilizes all venues and the people here are great!!

Cons

A bit of lack of communication between departments, but has shown major improvement

Advice to Management

Better communication between the field guys and the office personal