Spireon Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Spireon CEO Kevin Weiss
Kevin Weiss

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance, for some people (in 6 reviews)

• Company has really good benefits (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • s a lot to be done and upper management is being very creative with ways to assign multiple (in 9 reviews)

• In terms of work/life balance, as a start-up with a VC presence, expect to work more than 60 hours a week (in 5 reviews)

1. "Mediocre"

I worked at Spireon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very low key, sometimes dull, but if you are looking for a stable 8:30 - 4:30 type of place especially in Orange county, it's fine.

Cons

Dull. Hard to get things done. New executives in virtually all departments. Not chaotic, but not totally stable either, because of the amount of new people and uncertain future of the company. Some departments have lost so many people that no one has any historical knowledge of the product. Not exactly a stellar resume bullet in general.

Advice to Management

You have serious cultural problems to deal with. Some of these are being blamed on individual leaders or departments, but the company is not well run from a communication or vision perspective.

"Something Special Brewing"

Current Employee - Finance in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Over the past year, I have seen a notable change in the culture and trajectory of Spireon. Leadership has made a concerted effort to support team members throughout the organization and double down on our products and customer service. While standards and expectations have risen for everyone, I have never been more bullish on our outlook.

Cons

The hours can be tough and requests to finance come from every corner of the organization, but we are recognized for our effort.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in our products and our people.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for a few Fortune 100 companies, including IBM, Wells Fargo, etc. and I would put Spireon up there in terms of how professionally the company is ran and managed, the great facility (in Irvine), and the benefits. One of the main reasons I left the big companies is because you're just a small player in a big place and stuck behind processes and don't have access to senior management. But at Spireon, you can make a big difference and can make a big change to the projects that you work on and to the company bottom line. The limit to what you can do is up to you and your capability. So if you are good at what you do and have the motivation and drive, then you will have some great opportunities.

The benefits here are also very good, on par or even better than some of the Fortune 500 companies.

Cons

As a younger and mid-sized company, there is some growing pains. There are not a lot of processes in place in some areas, but that can also be a good thing as you're not stuck behind processes that just don't work and you'll have opportunities to build them.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the company and the people.

"Software Engineer - Less Than 1 Year"

I have been working at Spireon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great, supportive co-workers. Great benefits. Great work-life balance.

Cons

Many companies in the area have in-office perks for employees like catered food, snacks and a gym. Spireon has none of those things (although there seems to be left over food from meetings at least 2-3 times a week).

Advice to Management

More company social events would be awesome. Happy hour more often!

"SE Regional Manager"

Current Employee - Se Regional Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Se Regional Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Management - Great Product Portfolio

Cons

A lot of travel and on board process for customers

Advice to Management

None

"World class organization with world class people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

This is a company that is filled with highly intelligent, highly talented people, in a supportive and freely collaborative environment.

Cons

No cons... new to the company but my current assessment is that the culture of the company is one that will easily correct any anomalies that may expose themselves.

Advice to Management

Stay awesome!

"I Chose Sperion Over Other Offers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a couple of offers to consider before I landed on accepting a position at Spireon. It wasn't about the money - others paid more. It was the total package: great benefits, engaged managers, the energy in the office, the start up vibe in a stable, established company. I haven't been disappointed. Sure there is change and running a mile a minute days. But we are a tech company driving to stay best in class and deliver big solutions for our customers. If you want a transparent, collaborative place to hang your work hat, where it's easy to be recognized for your hard work and contributions - give Spireon a look.

Cons

Would like to see some additional diversity at the senior leadership and executive level.

Advice to Management

Don't stay stuck in your offices - mingle with your teams more. More community outreach and involvement; build our brand and presence in our local communities.

"Business Development"

Current Employee - Business Development in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development in Irving, TX

I have been working at Spireon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very challenging position,but with good effort and the ability to handle change and growth in a company one can receive great experience and make a pretty good living.

Cons

Share more of the forward vision and the direction that the company is going.

Advice to Management

Listen to your sales people for recommendations, more team building events.

"Good place if you like politics and no accountability"

I have been working at Spireon full-time

Pros

It is a low stress low accountability environment for most. The impending sale has leaders focusing on status quo and not creating disruptions.

Cons

Very political leadership environment. It less about getting things done and more about the perception things are getting done.

Good people continue the exodus out the door and positions aren't backfilled to make the financials look better.

Core business continues to decline with no realistic plan to turn it around. In other lines of business we are building someone else's business as a reseller instead of investing in our own products.

Advice to Management

Need to paint a realistic picture of how Spireon is going to transform itself into a sustainable high growth company. The current direction doesn't make sense.

Stop the political non-sense and focusing on perception. Make the tough decisions to get Spireon on the right track and don't worry they may not be popular with everyone or the board.

"Mislead with false promises"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Irving, TX

I worked at Spireon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can occasionally get big sales but you will have to fight the veteran employees who will claim that they had previous relations (past conversations) with your prospects which constitutes that the sale goes to them instead of you and management concurs due to personal relations with the veteran employee.

Cons

Most if not all inbound calls are routed to veteran employees that are bound to company rules to not make sales outside of their assigned territory, but they do it anyway and allowed to due to personal relations with management outside of work. Most efforts and marketing go towards veteran employees where it makes it difficult for newer sales reps to hit their sales goals by not receiving as much assistance as the next person. Big promises and big commissions promised when interviewing but once you commit and get going commissions are reduced to almost nothing. Make sure if you do product presentations that you have been assigned a Business Development Representative before you accept the job, if not you will be assigned both positions but you will only be compensated for one.

Advice to Management

You can create a better culture here but it all starts with being transparent as you possibly can be. Also, do away with the favoritism as each employee is just as important as the next.

Spireon Response

Aug 22, 2017 – Senior Vice President

Thank you for the feedback. I’m disappointed to hear about your experience.
    At Spireon we are committed to being as transparent as possible across all segments of our organization and provide the... More