Spireon Reviews | Glassdoor

Spireon Reviews

Updated January 18, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance, for some people (in 6 reviews)

• Great people, leading edge technologies, great benefits, great environment to work with (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • s a lot to be done and upper management is being very creative with ways to assign multiple (in 9 reviews)

• In terms of work/life balance, as a start-up with a VC presence, expect to work more than 60 hours a week (in 5 reviews)

"SE Regional Manager"

Current Employee - Se Regional Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Se Regional Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Management - Great Product Portfolio

Cons

A lot of travel and on board process for customers

Advice to Management

None

"World class organization with world class people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

This is a company that is filled with highly intelligent, highly talented people, in a supportive and freely collaborative environment.

Cons

No cons... new to the company but my current assessment is that the culture of the company is one that will easily correct any anomalies that may expose themselves.

Advice to Management

Stay awesome!

"I Chose Sperion Over Other Offers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a couple of offers to consider before I landed on accepting a position at Spireon. It wasn't about the money - others paid more. It was the total package: great benefits, engaged managers, the energy in the office, the start up vibe in a stable, established company. I haven't been disappointed. Sure there is change and running a mile a minute days. But we are a tech company driving to stay best in class and deliver big solutions for our customers. If you want a transparent, collaborative place to hang your work hat, where it's easy to be recognized for your hard work and contributions - give Spireon a look.

Cons

Would like to see some additional diversity at the senior leadership and executive level.

Advice to Management

Don't stay stuck in your offices - mingle with your teams more. More community outreach and involvement; build our brand and presence in our local communities.

"Business Development"

Current Employee - Business Development in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development in Irving, TX

I have been working at Spireon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very challenging position,but with good effort and the ability to handle change and growth in a company one can receive great experience and make a pretty good living.

Cons

Share more of the forward vision and the direction that the company is going.

Advice to Management

Listen to your sales people for recommendations, more team building events.

5. "Join the Climb"

Current Employee - Account EX in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Account EX in Irving, TX

I have been working at Spireon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Autonomy
    - Compensation
    - Team

Cons

- Inter-Department communication is inconsistent

Advice to Management

More thorough training will eliminate guess work and incorrect transfers, emails, relayed messages.

"Client Account Manager"

I worked at Spireon full-time

Pros

Autonomy, good co-workers, variety of work

Cons

Limited growth opportunity, narrow focused silos

"Customer Service Representative"

I have been working at Spireon full-time

Pros

Too much information to process during training. You are expected to have superior quality score the first day on the floor.

Cons

Great pay and work schedule. It's Monday thru Friday. The latest schedule you are out the door by 5:00pm

Advice to Management

Training should be longer and the trainees should be allowed to take their notes home to review.

Jul 28, 2017

Thank you very much for this great feedback.

We have been in the process of upgrading our training materials and curriculum. This is a continual evolution and getting input from recent graduates... More

"Good place if you like politics and no accountability"

I have been working at Spireon full-time

Pros

It is a low stress low accountability environment for most. The impending sale has leaders focusing on status quo and not creating disruptions.

Cons

Very political leadership environment. It less about getting things done and more about the perception things are getting done.

Good people continue the exodus out the door and positions aren't backfilled to make the financials look better.

Core business continues to decline with no realistic plan to turn it around. In other lines of business we are building someone else's business as a reseller instead of investing in our own products.

Advice to Management

Need to paint a realistic picture of how Spireon is going to transform itself into a sustainable high growth company. The current direction doesn't make sense.

Stop the political non-sense and focusing on perception. Make the tough decisions to get Spireon on the right track and don't worry they may not be popular with everyone or the board.

"Sales Driven"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance, for some people. Great group of coworkers.
    Fantastic place for sales.
    Look elsewhere if you're an engineer. See below.

Cons

Sales, sales, sales. This is not an engineering or technology driven company, it's a sales company. If you're in sales, this is the perfect place for you to earn some great bonuses. They continue to make promises to customers and sell things the company doesn't have and then the engineers are the ones to scramble to make it happen. In the process of scrambling to make things happen, other strategic projects get delayed. When these projects are delayed, guess whose fault it becomes, the engineers! WHAT? Then get this, these same sales guys get to go on fancy trips every year for making that deal. I'm sorry, but the engineers made it happen, where's our trip? The other part is, we drop everything we're doing to help these guys seal a deal but they end up not sealing the deal. Who's accountable for all the man hours put in and the delayed projects? No one.
    If you're an engineer/developer, don't come here. There is absolutely no innovation because it's a "do everything to make the sale at all costs asap" mentality. Sales will tell you what to work on and sometimes even HOW to work on it.
    They treat engineers, product, customer service, program managers etc. like crap and continue to do it all these years because they can get away with it. Play nice and say thank you then maybe there won't be such a high turnover in this side of the building.

Advice to Management

Engineers are bored because they can't innovate. You have some of the most intelligent people in this company but they can't use their minds. Let them do what they're good at and stop letting sales step all over them. It is getting ridiculous.

Jul 28, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to share your views. With all due respect - I disagree with you. Sure, there are times when we try to jump through hoops to satisfy an opportunity and win over a customer... More

"Mislead with false promises"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Irving, TX

I worked at Spireon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can occasionally get big sales but you will have to fight the veteran employees who will claim that they had previous relations (past conversations) with your prospects which constitutes that the sale goes to them instead of you and management concurs due to personal relations with the veteran employee.

Cons

Most if not all inbound calls are routed to veteran employees that are bound to company rules to not make sales outside of their assigned territory, but they do it anyway and allowed to due to personal relations with management outside of work. Most efforts and marketing go towards veteran employees where it makes it difficult for newer sales reps to hit their sales goals by not receiving as much assistance as the next person. Big promises and big commissions promised when interviewing but once you commit and get going commissions are reduced to almost nothing. Make sure if you do product presentations that you have been assigned a Business Development Representative before you accept the job, if not you will be assigned both positions but you will only be compensated for one.

Advice to Management

You can create a better culture here but it all starts with being transparent as you possibly can be. Also, do away with the favoritism as each employee is just as important as the next.

Aug 22, 2017 – Senior Vice President

Thank you for the feedback. I’m disappointed to hear about your experience.
    At Spireon we are committed to being as transparent as possible across all segments of our organization and provide the... More