Spireon Reviews | Glassdoor

Spireon Reviews

Updated May 20, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Company has really good benefits (in 8 reviews)

• Good people, new leadership, good work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • s a lot to be done and upper management is being very creative with ways to assign multiple (in 9 reviews)

• This, unfortunately, leads to a poor work-life balance for some Spireonites (in 5 reviews)

"Unraveling Fast!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Spireon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice facility if you work in Irvine. Plenty of opportunities for new products and services.

Cons

Organization can't get out of its own way because of an Executive Team that's dysfunctional, not accountable and unethical. Look to the CEO as the role of what's wrong at Spireon, questionable ethics and no accountability for his actions or poor results. He jumps ship with his golden parachute before he's held accountable. Just search his name and McAfee or Skymall. Read his Glassdoor Reviews from Unitrends. He's been the CEO at Spireon since June and he just received his first favorable review. The data doesn't lie.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending Spireon's on the verge of something great and everyone's going to get a big payout. It's all a farce to sell the company and everyone sees through it. Try something new and novel live up to the company values, be accountable and stop blaming everyone else.

Investors be warned. Spireon is not what it appears to be on the surface. Dig deep into the financials, talk with current and former employees and validate everything the Executive Team says. Spireon should be bargained priced.

Shareholders you should be up in arms about the mismanagement of the company and the fleecing the going on behind the scenes by the private equity firm.

2. "Loved my Team"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Spireon (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really enjoyed my team and the people I was surrounded by. Depending on the office location there is not much options for advancement.

Cons

Constantly changing procedures (always trying to fix things when they aren't broken). A lot of politics come into account as others have said.

Advice to Management

Please listen to the employees who have direct communication with the customers and take them very seriously.

3. "The potential is there"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Spireon (Less than a year)

Pros

Pockets of greatness exists throughout the company that could be tapped into to help Spireon fulfill it's potential as the thought leader in the aftermarket telematics space.

Cons

Company that is trying desperately to find its way to compete in a market that is rapidly becoming commoditized and competing on price is makes it very challenging to achieve any kind of meaningful differentiation. Complicating matters is the short-term pressure for optically pleasing financial results.

Advice to Management

Don't loose sight of the long-term view.

5. "Ok"

Former Employee - Customer Account Manager in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Account Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at Spireon (More than a year)

Pros

Great peers, culture and technology.

Cons

Low pay, no internal advancement and work between departments

"Stagnant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

You do meetings all day and don't have to do any actual work.

Cons

Poor leadership
    Too many meetings
    Lot of good talkers, but very few walkers

Advice to Management

Sell the company

"Regional Director of Sales"

Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A great family work atmosphere with a lot of flexibility

Cons

Constant changing every 3 to 6 months.

Advice to Management

Let's continue to make the best decision for our company and it's employees.

"Company only care about profit"

Former Employee - Software Quality Assurance in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Software Quality Assurance in Irvine, CA

I worked at Spireon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only thing that get me into work each day is the people I work with. They are some of the greatest engineers I have worked with. Other then that I don't see anymore Pros for the company.

Cons

Lots of change is directions, so what the point of planning? See the company as driven constantly by trying to gain market share and profit at the cost of many great people. With the new CEO as Bertram pet, he try to cut everything to make the company looks good on paper in order to sell the company. Doesn't care about the employee, many of them gives alots of effort when the system was very unstable at the beginning working late night (midnight to 3AM) and weekend on many occasion. On top of all that. the overall compensation is not that great compare to other company in the area. The morale of the company is just as bad, after seeing and been through so many round of layoffs.

Advice to Management

Care about the people, they are the ones that makes the product that gives you the profit and try to compensate as well as the other company in the area if you intend to keep the good ones. Don't just think about making the company looks good on paper to sell.

"Horrific Company. Bad Karma"

Former Employee - Director of Sales in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Director of Sales in Cedar Rapids, IA

Pros

Enjoyed the travel. Enjoyed some staff.

Cons

Management is very unpredictable. They tell you one thing and expect another. The management team looks out for one another. They lie, they cheat, and biggest thing is getting paid. It took me over 4 months to get commissions. This job sucked the life out of me. I cried and was severely depressed. Worst company ever. They lie to customers just to earn that dime. They use scare tactics on employees.

Advice to Management

Need to get rid of all management and bring in a team that knows the value of customer service, and the value of great employees. They are worried only about the bottom line. They will cheat you out of your commissions. Don't be a great employee. Be subpar. That's the only way you can make money there. Hard work does not pay off with this company.

"Demoralizing"

Current Employee - Engineering in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Honestly, it's difficult to come up with any pros right now. I'm happy that I haven't been laid off yet.

Cons

The new CEO is a puppet of Bertram and is concerned about one thing only: getting the company to look good on paper so it can be sold. He proudly knows nothing about the industry. His specialty is cutting fat (or muscle or bone, it's irrelevant to him). Once he's been able to successfully sell the company he will be long gone and counting his precious dollars on a beach somewhere.

As an employee who wants to give a damn, it is incredibly demoralizing to know that it is all a waste of effort.

Advice to Management

Get it over with and go away. We can only hope that whoever buys Spireon will be better to work for. That is assuming any of us are still here.

"A mess"

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Grapevine, TX
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Grapevine, TX

I worked at Spireon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They're positioned in a really good market and are positioned to really go some positive places.

Cons

They're so mired by their own corporate strategizing that a whole lot of really smart people end up making really bad decisions. The goal of the company seems to just make itself look appealing enough to fetch a good amount of money to sell.

Advice to Management

Stop letting corporate politics override good common sense.