Spirit Airlines Reviews

Updated May 12, 2021

4.1
Spirit Airlines President and CEO Ted Christie
Ted Christie
Pros
  • "Quality of life, flight benefits(in 58 reviews)

• "The health benefits & travel benefits are amazing and can’t be beat(in 41 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low pay compared to other airlines(in 22 reviews)

• "Cheap tickets mean cheap passengers(in 21 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Outstanding management that cares about its people profoundly.

Oct 29, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The leadership at spirit is some of the best I have ever experienced or heard about. I have mostly interacted with leadership in the training department to be more specific. I know, without a doubt, our skillset as instructors is valued highly by our leadership. These are the kind of bosses that make you WANT to work effectively and efficiently. They supplement professional development and set you up for success. Spirit often talks about making customers into 'super fans' but the real secret is that they care for us so much, that we become 'super fans' and this leads to a great service/product for the customer. They invest in their people heavily. Also communication from execs to the lowest level and everywhere in-between, is great!

Cons

Airline job security. The industry fluctuates but you will find this at ANY airline. However, at spirit, this is much less of a worry.

4 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thank you for the great review, Spirit SuperFan! You are right that we are committed to creating great experiences for both our Team Members and our Guests, and we are happy to hear that you are enjoying your journey with us. Together we will deliver the best value in the sky and be the most successful airline on Earth!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Flexible for an FA position

May 12, 2021 - Flight Attendant in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

I feel like you get the most amount of free time compared to other airlines and better pay to start

Cons

You don't always get the best passengers and crew scheduling doesn't always know what they're doing

3. 5.0

Best Culture

May 12, 2021 - Senior Manager Human Resources
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company has the best Culture in the business. It's people are the essence of the Company.

Cons

No comments for this section.

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to creating great experiences for both our Team Members and our Guests, and are happy to hear that you are enjoying your journey with us!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Flexibility

May 7, 2021 - Flight Attendant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, great travel and health benefits.

Cons

Uniform material need changing, allow first come first serve when picking up trips from FLICA. Don’t base on seniority

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on making Spirit a great place to work and your feedback will help us.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

QOL-Centric Airline

Apr 26, 2021 - Pilot in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Industry leading contract with very flexible schedule and strong soft pay opportunities. (Can drop schedule completely to zero when grid is green) 2. Quickly growing company (seniority, planes, routes, equipment, authorizations) 3. Crews are fun to work with (by design). 4. Quick upgrade ~3yrs 5. Pay raises on the horizon (2021-2022) then new contract negotiations.

Cons

1. Pay is less than some legacy carriers (offsetted by great QOL features in contract so “con” is subjective”) 2. ? Not much else. Great place to work.

Human Resources

Thank you for the awesome review. We love hearing from members of our Spirit Family so we can continually improve and keep doing what we do best. Thanks for all that you do to make Spirit the most successful airline on Earth!

6. 5.0

Excellent

May 11, 2021 - Flight Attendant in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Low pay for new hire

Human Resources

Thank you for the great review and for helping us to deliver the best value in the sky and be the most successful airline on Earth!

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Overall not a bad place to work

May 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

So much work you can barely keep up, great opportunities to learn if you're willing to put in the time and work. Some great teams and people too. The benefits and pay are good.

Cons

Work-life balance is non-existent at times. Growing opportunities for very few who want to play politics or who are part of the "boys club." No room for growth essentially.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

If you want to be based in LAS, ORD, DTW, DFW, MCO, FLL, or ACY, work here!

Apr 27, 2021 - Flight Attendant in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fastest growing, safest, pick your base, minimal reserve years.

Cons

If you don’t look good in black and yellow, you may not want to work here... lol!

Human Resources

Thank you for the awesome feedback. We are committed to creating great experiences for both our Team Members and our Guests, and are happy to hear that you are enjoying your journey with us! Thank you for helping us deliver the best value in the sky.

9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good to learn the industry. Bad for long term employment.

May 11, 2021 - Ramp Service Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flight benefits, plenty of over time, shift trades.

Cons

Low and uncompetitive pay rate, poor communication with management, very high turn over rate which results in agents being consistently over worked, mandatory overtime is constantly posted

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Best job ever

Apr 26, 2021 - Flight Atendant in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flight benefits and flexible schedule

Cons

Great company to work for

Viewing 1 - 10 of 547 Reviews