Spirit Airlines Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Station Manager"

Current Employee - Station Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Station Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It has been an exciting job as we watch the company grow and grow. Seen it from 28 MD80 to now 113 new Airbus..

Cons

We don't have any code sharing with other airlines and we do a large amount of Outside Ground Handling.

2. "The company is growing more and more.."

Current Employee - Station Manager in Tampa, CO
    Current Employee - Station Manager in Tampa, CO

I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

New challenges and growing more and more for more opportunity to learn...

Cons

Goals are set and we really got to push hard to make it happen...

Advice to Management

As we grow we also got to set realistically goals...

3. "Operations Supervisor/Warehouse Supervisor"

I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time

Pros

It is a very special place to work.

Cons

Promoting from within is very hard.

4. "Needs work"

I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time

Pros

This job comes with great flexibility when you are off reserve

Cons

There is terrible communication between departments

5. "FA"

I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time

Pros

Quality of Life is better industry wied

Cons

Communication is a must fix.

"Customer Service agent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Spirit Airlines part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot of things, had lots of experience in this job, it's a new thing for me and i appreciate the agent that taught me all the things i know now.

Cons

They don't care about their employees, employees have to learn on their own.

Advice to Management

they have to be more considerate. they have to care more about the employees, teach them, be more patient.

"Flight Attendant"

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Spirit Airlines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

While in the air, you may often work with some fantastic people. If you come to the job enjoying what you do as a Flight Attendant offering help to travelers, the "Guests" will love you. There are some amazing guests that frequently fly Spirit and those who are new to Spirit; the experience of caring for guests certainly exists. The Gate Agents, Flight Deck Crew and Team of Flight Attendants serving Guests are often amazing. Spirit Airlines has a 50 year veteran of flying and flying with her is an absolute treat. I loved my FA, Flight Crew and Gate Agent Teams. They are some of the best and hardest working people you will ever meet. Also from time to time you will encounter people in Crew Scheduling that are amazing. Spirit has some exciting destinations that are fun to work...you just don't get to stay on the ground in most International Destinations.

Cons

The Inflight Leadership Team, Training, Crew Scheduling and a few representatives from the AFA (who are to represent FAs) are a nightmare. I would love to mention their names but I won't...they know who they are. The Training could be summarized as a chaotic experience that creates a Hostile Work Environment. You will hear many times throughout training how much better Delta and JetBlue are as companies. Crew Scheduling who most of your peers will refer to them as as "Screw Scheduling" amply fits many of those who work against the Flight Attendants, can show partiality and print paper to determine a FA schedule. The Directors of InFlight Directors are a total disappointment. The Probation Period is simply a ridiculous for anyone trying to commute. Spirit has an Notice of Investigation (NOI) Process that is the most ridiculous Kangaroo Court. It is set up and facilitated by leaders who are out of touch with realities. Furthermore your AFA Representatives are so embedded with InFlight Management, don't expect the Union to represent you the way you might at American or another Unionized Carrier. As a ULCC, when Indigo sold, Spirit lost it's way. I highly recommend Frontier Airlines as a growing company and ULCC Carrier. Spirit has become the Walmart of the Skies. Hiring vasts FAs who on Reserves simply can't make it on the base salary. I learned the pattern of what an FA needs to do to earn money, but following the NOI Kangaroo Court, I found myself terminated for what the Company calls a UTC (6 Points) and calling in Sick with a Doctor's Note. The worse flu since 2009 and according to one of the Directors...I guess any new FA needs to understand Spirit needs to hire "healthy FAs." The whole experience from training, to the dirty Crew Room in Fort Lauderdale, to becoming certified as a Flight Attendant, to flying and representing Spirit in the air is a bust. I can't express enough...Spirit is not a company I would recommend and anyone seriously considering the airlines I do not recommend a new FA attempt to commute or plan to make any money. The cost of the uniforms and the money you will spend to make the uniforms fit only to have the poor quality fall apart. It is a worthless experience. I highly recommend stay away from Spirit. Or if you chose to work for Spirit, avoid the InFlight Director Team, cautiously trust Crew Scheduling and be aware Spirit oversells flights. This means you like most likely won't be able to fly Spirit. I commonly flew others to commute.

Advice to Management

The InFlight LeadershipTeam is sadly out of touch and in needs of replacement. Rather than work with the new Flight Attendants, especially your commuters, the Flight Attendants that Spirit heavily invests in as a Company and as a Board of Directors they ask you to guide, InFlight Management, InFlight Training (which creates a Hostile Work Environment) and Crew Scheduling (Screw Scheduling as many of your FAs refer to them) will bust your airline's profitability and send Spirit to the back of the ULCC pack as Frontier gathers steam under Spirit's former owners Indigo Partners. Not to mention if Wow Airlines begins to widen it's reach domestically. The Scoring System your InFlight Management Team created is simply ridiculous. I would love to provide you names of Management and Trainees who are hurting Spirit as a company, however, I won't in this format. To describe the professionalism of a Director that called me, let me just say in the age of "Me too or Time's Up" if coming to work in a long skirt that is see through is dressed appropriate, I can think of many airlines who would send her home. That is the example set forth in the FLL Crew Room. Despite the recent painting, that Crew Room is so neglected and dirty its a sad depiction of the airline in the image it seeks to create. You have a wonderful group of FAs, Flight Deck and Gate Agents who serve the flying public every day. They are all sadly underpaid for what is expected. It is simply a broken model that will continue to break further.

8. "Customer service representive"

Former Employee - Airport Customer Service in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Airport Customer Service in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Spirit Airlines part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great locations to travel to. Along with great customer sevice

Cons

Sprit is growing rapidly

Advice to Management

Have people skills @ good customer service .Caring respectful personsanalaty.

9. "Finance"

I worked at Spirit Airlines full-time

Pros

Fast paced environment always seeking opportunities for improvement

Cons

Male dominated management hard to move up

"Flight attendant"

I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time

Pros

The pros about working for this company are meeting great people along your journey as a flight attendant !

Cons

One con for me would be not being able to travel and layover in London, or Paris ! I would love to explore the world while getting paid to do so.