Spirit Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Human Resources"

I have been working at Spirit Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been employed with Spirit Communications for a year & a half now, and my overall experience has been a very positive one. There has been a lot of growth with the organization and the outlook for continued is very promising. I'm looking to a long successful career with Spirit Communications.

Cons

I have not had any negative experience during the time I've been employed.

Spirit Communications Response

Jul 1, 2018 – Graphic, Web and Advertising Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We are very thankful to have you as an employee and we are looking forward to your long successful career with us at Spirit.

"needs to refocus"

I have been working at Spirit Communications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are good health benefits and a 401K

Cons

Hard work is recognized with more work and moral is low. Unless you are in sales there are no incentives for hard work.

Advice to Management

Need to care about your employees and less about the bottom line. Its a balance, fine balance as it may be, it is still a balance or you loose good people. Don't expect amazing outcomes with a skeleton crew.

Spirit Communications Response

Jul 1, 2018 – Graphic, Web and Advertising Coordinator

Thank you for your review and we are honored to have had you as an employee for more than a decade! That is certainly a great accomplishment. We value you your experience very much and hope to make... More

3. "Company Culture is GREAT!"

I have been working at Spirit Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Spirit has a great culture. The employees work hard and they do a good job of working together with other departments to make sure the customer experience is the best it can be. Directors and Managers meet on a regular basis to ensure good processes and will quickly change or implement a new process when they see gaps. Employees know their department is valued and they themselves are valued for their contribution.

Cons

Spirit doesn't have enough automation but is working quickly to change that.

Advice to Management

Keep empowering the Directors and Managers. They are doing a good job for you.

4. "Network Administrator"

I have been working at Spirit Communications part-time

Pros

Very good people and down to Earth company that treats it employees positively on a daily manner

Cons

Can be unorganized at times

5. "Fantastic company!"

Current Employee - Sales in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Sales in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Spirit Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard work is recognized! Great incentives and a company that cares about it's customers, rare in this industry.

Cons

Low base pay but commission makes up for it.

Advice to Management

Less focus on weekly sales- good deals take time, monthly focus makes more sense.

6. "Innovative and Fast Growing | Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Spirit Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Spirit makes work fun! I came into a role to develop and have been able to greatly enjoy doing that. Spirit is a company that cares about its employees as well as its customers. Extravagant effort is put towards growth, and Spirit always strives to be ahead of the 8 ball with market advances. Many changes have been made recently, and there are many more to come.

Cons

Obviously there are cons with any company, specifically with fast growing companies, but Spirit has always kept its employees at the center of this effort. Workload and head count can always be a struggle, but that’s only being said to keep this review honest.

Advice to Management

It would be nice for a little more involvement and affirmation from the higher ups towards some of the specific support related roles. But that cant be 100% expected and is very understood/accepted.

"Eye Opening Experience"

I have been working at Spirit Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Spirit has many jobs available and is in growth mode. The company's public reputation is positive but all is not what it seems.

It is a place to learn for a couple of years, but then you want to move on because the frustration level becomes too difficult to ignore.

Cons

There are many jobs available because the company has significant turnover on a regular basis. With a new majority stakeholder, things are bound to change, which may not be all good for the majority of staff.

Advice to Management

The CEO has a great deal of experience. He is in the job for money and benefits. He looks out for his "friends" but pretends to care about the employees. He is all about personal accolades - for himself. Though he does try to make a good public impression, after working there for a while, employees learn the truth. He has a sensitive ego.

The company needs to bring in new managers who are not part of the current problems. Training is needed throughout the business. Sales needs to be held accountable. HR is not an advocate for employees as they once were. They are part of the churn and burn mentality. Employees who work hard and keep their heads down might be able to work there for more than a year or so. Those who want more than just a pay check should consider other companies.

8. "Great Company to work for!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Spirit Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Privately owned company that has a true family feel with the capabilities of a large corporation. The company is constantly growing and adapting to fit the needs of each and every customer and takes a very consultative approach with each opportunity.

Cons

It is a very fast paced industry to be in so prepare to learn a lot, work hard and stay self motivated.

9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Spirit Communications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Spirit is a fast paced, innovative company that is poised to become the dominant telecom solutions provider in our footprint. To make a career of Spirit you need to be a self motivated, intelligent, and experienced person. I feel some of these negative reviews from former employees don’t paint a truthful picture. If you want to be a floater this is not the place for you. Our pace and demands tend to lead those that don’t want to put forth much effort out of a job. Looking at the big picture this is good for Spirit as we continue to grow as a company and team. Only 100% is acceptable, then we will review and see how we can do that better!

Cons

It is true that with the rapid expansion we have had over the past couple years there have been some growing pains associated with having the right people and procedures in place to get the job done. This said we have the right people and procedures in place now and there is a buzz in the air as we continue experience more success.

Advice to Management

Keep honing the processes and procedures until we are a well oiled machine.

"Burn and Churn"

I have been working at Spirit Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are nice. The pay is okay.

Cons

No training.
    Managers have no training to be managers, so no support whatsoever.
    They'll work you till you're dead, and then hire someone new without a thought.
    If you treated your worker bees better, maybe they'd stick around.
    Get more staff so I don't have to keep putting in all these hours, for no recognition of appreciation.
    The VPs/Senior Staff get great perks, and I get NO training, no support, no recognition. So, it's great if you get a VP job!!!

Advice to Management

Recognize your people for their efforts, and I'm talking about the people that actually DO the work...not just sell whatever. We make it run, but only the sales team gets the credit.
    Train your managers, or get some real managers instead of just bumping someone up because they've been here a long time.
    Training, and not that stupid Spirit 101 crap that means nothing. I'm talking about real training on the gear that we have to work on. You know, from the actual vendor. Not always on the job training. And some employee appreciation would be nice. Come talk to the peeps. Listen to what we have to say. Make your face known, and maybe I'll think you care.