KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Spokeo Employee Reviews about "catered lunches"

Updated Oct 10, 2020

Found 22 of over 135 reviews

4.0
Spokeo CEO Harrison Tang  (no image)
Harrison Tang
Pros
  • "Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches, themed rooms and teams, great supportive staff, friendly environment, room for advance(in 22 reviews)

• "There's free lunch here and they pay for your free conference every year(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "WFH option was only offered to Customer Care following COVID(in 9 reviews)

• "No standardized work from home policy(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "catered lunches"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Cool place to work

Oct 10, 2020 - Software Engineer in Pasadena, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Technical challenges incl tackling tech debt. If one is a really skilled and can overhaul major pieces within/across SOA to truly streamline/improve the system in progressive increments, you should be able to get the attention of higher ups and rise accordingly and/or get promotions. * Biannual performance reviews giving one a chance to improve their base pay. * The company also pays attention to promotions. * Pretty good tech stack and hence exposure to technologies to learn and grow your professional career. E.g. Ruby on Rails, SOA, React, NodesJS, Typescript, Python (Data side and Devops), lots of AWS services incl Dynamo, Redshift, Aurora, Lambda, Cloudfront, S3, Kinesis/Firehouse etc, ELK, MySQL, Memcache, Redis, Apipie, Git, Google Tag Manager, RSpec, Jenkins, NewRelic, Airbrake, MessageQueues, custom crawlers, Google Analytics and so much more in fact. Best practices like code reviews, pre-merge checks etc. * Agile 2 week sprints * Good pace of work without burning out the employees. * Amazing co-workers, smart and fun. Everyone is supportive of each other, collaborative and the atmosphere is respectful. * Awesome benefits incl vacation, med/dental/vision, 401-K with match etc * Bonus * Great perks incl daily catered lunches, very cool snack bar, stocked fridges etc. Ping pong table, foosball table, pool table. * Amazing culture and activities incl company picnics, annual party etc * Amazing founders and being able to interact with them. Founders are in fact down to earth. Focused on building a great company. * Great equipment for professional work (good performance laptops, monitors, sit stand motorized desks etc) * Fun office incl themed rooms like Star Wars, Mario, Lego etc * Profitable company

Cons

Some projects are not managed optimally and the hope is these sorts of issues would be improved upon as the company matures even further.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful

Manager

Thank you for taking your time to leave us this thoughtful review. At Spokeo, we are proud to invest in employee development and we strive to foster an amazing culture so that our teams can be productive in a fun work environment. We are continuing to improve our processes and engineering standards to enhance our product and delivery quality. Again, we take your advice wholeheartedly and thank you for your kind reminder on “Insist on Quality.”

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work.

Sep 8, 2020 - Customer Care
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing benefits: medical, vision, and dental premiums are 100% paid by the company. - Daily catered lunch (pre-COVID and WFH period) - Fun coworkers. It honestly feels like a big family. I've made friends here that I've kept in touch with even after they moved on to other companies. - Holiday and company anniversary parties - Department heads and team leads are very responsive to feedback and open to change - Our company is full of diversity and the founders are constantly in the loop and considerate when it comes to current events. - Reviews/raises every 6 months (up to 5% raise each time)

Cons

- WFH option was only offered to Customer Care following COVID. It was unheard of as an option for the department prior to that. - Customer Care and the other departments feel very disconnected from each other. - Customer Care is understaffed and the agents are often overwhelmed by the number of calls or chats coming in. Leadership has had to jump in and help every day for a long time now - There are not many opportunities to move up within Customer Care. We had more opportunities available a few years ago. - Raises could be better.

1 person found this review helpful

Director of Customer Care

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback! We agree that the unprecedented situation with COVID-19 has brought forth many new challenges as it continues to evolve. Over the last few months, the Customer Care leadership team has welcomed the opportunity to serve our customers alongside our front line agents to provide the team and our customers with additional support. This positive adjustment has enabled the leadership team to reconnect directly with customers and has created a deeper understanding of what it means to be on the front line. This understanding also extends to advocating for team members to collaborate across departments. We are excited to have recently transformed what was once a Customer Care initiative into an inclusive Voice of Spokeo program across all departments of the company. Now all team members can voice their feedback and suggest ideas to improve our product and service. While we have had to make many adjustments during this time, we are beyond thankful to be in the position to accommodate remote work for all team members, and we will continue to look for more opportunities to preserve and enhance our team culture. Thank you again for your comments!

3. 5.0

Great Place To Work For

May 17, 2019 - Customer Care Representative in Pasadena, CA

Pros

Cons

None none none none and absolutely none

Director of Customer Care

We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you feel supported and well fed here at Spokeo! Creating a positive dynamic and investing in employee growth are key initiatives for the future as we continue to offer ongoing training and coaching to add value to your work at Spokeo and beyond. Thank you for your contributions to the Spokeo team!

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Pretty Slick Place to Sell Your Life

Sep 4, 2015 - Software Engineer in Pasadena, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cliche as it may be, the people at Spokeo are really enjoyable to work with. The hiring process puts a lot of emphasis on cultural fit and it shows. The higher-ups understand how important happy employees are to a successful business, and so they do their best to make Spokeo an enjoyable place to work. You get everything from over-the-top parties, to company sponsored events once a month with a lot of thought put into how to make them fun and integrating for new-comers, to catered lunches, to 18 days PTO, to top-notch benefits. As an engineer, work was pretty great. The engineering manager, Byron Wang, is best-in-class. A lot of effort goes into making sure work isn't stressful for engineers. And, more than anywhere I've worked, the engineers at Spokeo are passionate about code quality, so working with the codebase--although dated--is a mostly pleasant experience.

Cons

The passion a lot of the employees have at Spokeo, from engineers all the way to management, is sometimes detrimental. Also, QA and customer service need to stop being treated like second class citizens.

10 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0

Okay company, terrible employees

Jan 11, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The perks (catered lunches every day, great health benefits, company culture events, etc.,) are great but don't get blindsided by them. - They have some really talented employees so you'll be able to learn things from one another.

Cons

The company is completely clique-y. Spokeo is like highschool all over except you are the new kid and you either fit in with the popular kids or you don't. There is a lot of nepotism and favoritism happen (though I guess it's not hard when you're married to your leads). The CEO makes a lot of emotional decisions instead of looking at metrics, data, and advice/suggestions from the very own people he has hired. If you're looking to work on the Design team, stay far away. People here will make you work on the most boring projects unless you're a close friend or dating one of the leads. That is the only way you'll be able to work on the big projects and/or make any design decisions. Oh, one very big thing. They don't use any type of task management system at all. The CEO comes up to your desk, tells you what he wants you to do (regardless of what you have going on) and you have to do it. Three hours later he'll come by to see what you've done and the cycle repeats.

13 people found this review helpful

Spokeo

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sad to hear your experience wasn't what we aim for here at Spokeo. We have taken this into consideration and alerted the proper teams.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I LOVE this company!!

Nov 30, 2016 - Customer Care Representative in Pasadena, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have full time, set schedule employment at a rate higher than the current minimum wage that includes, medical, dental and vision coverage at no cost to me! Not to mention I get free catered lunch, snacks and beverages everyday!! We have an awesome Culture team here that provides wellness activities throughout the week AND there are always opportunities for career growth here!

Cons

Working in a call center can sometimes be tough work. Calls may be on the rough side once in a while. The great thing about working at Spokeo is that we all maintain a safe and kind environment around the office and I know that my managers are supportive of my success because they are constant opportunities for coaching and improvement.

Spokeo

Thank you for your feedback. We are always working to create an environment where our employees enjoy coming into work everyday. We want our culture to embrace collaboration, innovation, and fun.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Lots of potential

Sep 2, 2016 -  in Pasadena, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Tons of perks and amazing benefits! Relaxed and quiet atmosphere. HR and the Culture team are truly very great individuals, they put a lot of effort into creating a healthy and happy work place. The office has fun and creative meeting rooms. Free snacks and catered lunches every single day is pretty great. Flexible hours are great.

Cons

Not a lot of natural lighting. Most developers like the shades drawn on the windows to prevent screen glare. Even though culture team works hard to create a fun atmosphere there isn't a lot of participation or enthusiasm from the ranks. Open office environment is good for communication but terrible for privacy. There are only a few spaces to go to work away from your desk but they are hardly ever used. Meeting rooms seem to always be booked so scheduling meetings can be difficult at times. Some departments tend to be a little clique-ish.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great work place!!!

Apr 22, 2016 - Senior Software Engineer in Pasadena, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is the best company I have worked in 20+ years. It goes out of the way to take care of the employees. Great packages, benefits, free catered lunches, snacks, fun events and great culture. Also you get to go to 3 conferences in a year to help you keep updated with latest in technology. It is lively atmosphere where you get exposure to various cloud frameworks and technologies.

Cons

Did not find any during my stay at Spokeo.

5 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0
      Former Employee

Favoritism runs rampant

Aug 21, 2015 - Customer Care Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Catered lunches, casual dress, fun sponsored work activities, and good health benefits.

Cons

Working customer service for Spokeo is tedious, most customers are very angry and it is very difficult to do the necessary steps for your quality assurance scores when you can barely get a word in edgewise with a customer. Also this place is a breeding ground for favoritism. People rarely get promoted on actual skill, it's mostly how popular they are amongst upper management. A lot of people get special treatment. For example rules would be bent for certain employees while others would be reprimanded and even fired for the same exact action. Also a lot of the upper management talks serious garbage about their employees. I heard supervisors say horrific things about co-workers.

11 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome people to work with!

Aug 23, 2012 - Software Engineer in Pasadena, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Casual environment, relatively flat organization, friendly people, free catered lunches, pool, ping pong, and StarCraft matches, beer fridge, etc. Startup type environment without startup type stress!

Cons

Because the product is established on an older platform, the latest and greatest APIs may not be supported.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Reviews