Sport Clips "full time" Reviews | Glassdoor

Sport Clips Employee Reviews about "full time"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Assistant Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Sport Clips full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good tips depending location
    Paid Classes

Cons

I’ve been full time with Sport Clips for over 6 years, it’s nothing like it use to be. You could hit quartly bonuses, service commission, retail commission, good tips. Not anymore they took it all away. They have the numbers set so high in new and overstaffed stores you can’t hit your numbers. Minimum wage in Arizona is $10.50 by 2020 it will be $12 an hour. They are currently only paying $10 an hour.. you can go work at Chick-fil-A and make more.

Sport Clips Response

May 30, 2018 – Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated, for this is how we get better. This is a new pay plan and we are taking into account all of the pros and cons. Your feedback is being shared... More

2. "Sport Clips"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Sport Clips part-time

Pros

Good pay/tips
    Great customers
    Continued education
    Health insurance

Cons

It depends on the store and owners, but certain managers are not as competent as they should be.
    My first year, I worked full-time. When it came time to get my paid vacation, I was told I averaged 29.9 hours a week instead of 30, so I didn't get any vacation time.

"Best workplace for stylists!"

Current Employee - Instructional Coach in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Instructional Coach in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Sport Clips full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone I work with including the management and owners really care about me. We are treated fairly and there is no better way to make money in this industry. Much better to make $5 tip on a 20 minute haircut then a $5 tip on a 2-hour foil. When all the clients are men they appreciate your advice on their hair and will trust you, it is very easy to sell retail and upgrade clients.

Cons

Nights and weekends are required for full-time stylists, but that is when there are the most clients to make money, so not much of a con if you like to make money.

Advice to Management

Stay amazing!

4. "Short term"

I worked at Sport Clips part-time

Pros

I learned many great techniques for both men and boys haircuts. Fun atmosphere, had a nice regular clientele.

Cons

There was a lot of slow time, days where I would only make $10 or less. The company considered working 24 hours a week full-time, but you do not receive benefits. Only management will receive benefits. There were customers who would want there hair cut shorter then shorter and recut again.

Advice to Management

Hire a strong team. Get rid of the drama as soon as it starts, no one wants or needs to be subjected to that.

5. "Great company"

I have been working at Sport Clips full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Comfy uniform...gym shoes
    Built in clientele
    Guaranteed hourly rate

Cons

No quarterly or annual raises
    30 hours per week is considered full time

"Stylist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Sport Clips (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people to work with and management is very nice.

Cons

Not good pay at all! Basically minimum wage with tips. Also they make it seem like your getting health insurance but you don't unless your full time and been there a while. Also it's poor insurance at that. No breaks.

Advice to Management

Give Better pay and a better break time.

"Stylist"

Former Employee - Stylist in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Stylist in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Sport Clips part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great base pay better than most salons, tips are great, men and boy's cuts, I can't think of anything else

Cons

Was told I'll be working full time but only getting 20 hours a week. I asked for a Saturday off for my nephews first bday and was told no. But other employees request off and get it. Never have time to get a drink eat or even get a quick break in. Also was told paid vacations and holiday pay when hired (after one year) found out I wasn't cuz I was only working 20 hours a week only for full time. I asked repeatedly for more hours I was told they don't have the hours. But they hired 4 more ppl

Advice to Management

If u want employees to stay you live up to your word and not use lies to try to have the employee come on board. Don't make promises you can't keep. We have lives too. I understand our job is a night and weekend job but if would be nice to have a Saturday off for something special.

8. "Okay experience"

I have been working at Sport Clips full-time

Pros

Great experience with sports and taking to clients,

Cons

Depends on co workers who you work with. Vacation and holiday pay for full time only

9. "Love it!"

I have been working at Sport Clips full-time

Pros

Comfy attire. Fun work environment.

Cons

No insurance. Not enough hours. Full time is not full time!!

Advice to Management

More hours and higher pay grade for those who have been in the industry for decades!!! Insurance options as well.

"not a great place to work"

Former Employee - Hair Dresser/Stylist/Barber in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Hair Dresser/Stylist/Barber in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Sport Clips part-time (More than a year)

Pros

None none none none none

Cons

Don't get a 401k or benefits cause I'm not guarenteed 32 so I'm part-time and they are scheduling me for full-time hours not right

Advice to Management

Need to start treating employees right and stop taking advantage of them.they should not make there employees dust off the walls hire a professional for deep cleaning ( I mean sections were th have to use a ladder or stand on the stations unsafe work environment) not your workers your making work 5 days 3 are 12 hour shifts slave labor is what I call it they should consider hiring more people.