Sport Clips "long hours" Reviews | Glassdoor

Sport Clips Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Found 972 reviews

4.1
Sport Clips CEO Gordon B. Logan
Gordon B. Logan
Pros
  • "Great pay and awesome leadership(in 66 reviews)

• "Health Insurance, great tips, continuing education(in 48 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Hairstylist

I have been working at Sport Clips full-time

Pros

It was very good money. We always had cash tips.

Cons

We had to work long hours. I didnt get much of a break.

Sport Clips Response

October 15, 2018Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you for your review and your time with us at Sport Clips. Have a great week!

• Stylist

I have been working at Sport Clips full-time

Pros

Opportunity to gain good clientele, always busy

Cons

very long hours and small break

Stylist

I worked at Sport Clips

Pros

The pay can be good

Cons

Everything else. No benefits, unprofessional team members including management and owner. Lack of consistency. Long hours. No breaks. No clear communication or expectations from franchisee. High turn over. unfair pay practices.

• You either work there to grow clientele, succeed and then get out on your own or just stay mediocre.

Former Employee - MVP Stylist

I worked at Sport Clips full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great place to build clientele. Fun environment depending on location and staff. Having a supportive and motivated manager is a plus. Free company education and skills training. The tips were great.

Cons

Miss out on family life and events. Long hours, if you are the most requested in the store, you may not get lunch until 3-4pm even if you opened. My manager didn’t care if I ate or not. Oops, you have 2 more requests sorry! I felt like a popular cutting machine. Don’t forget to drink water!! I worked 6 years with the company and have seen a lot of turn over. Depending on...

Advice to Management

Be kind, be a great coach. You are a leader, so be a leader not a dictator. Just because your successful stylist hits her numbers, doesn’t mean she can’t join in on a competitive commission contest! It’s not about you, it’s about your team and your community who pays for your services. If the team is upset, the clients can feel it.

Bad management, long hours

Current Employee - Stylist

I have been working at Sport Clips full-time for more than a year

Pros

They do pay well and everything seems great at first until everything goes downhill and you realize you are only with the company to be able to pay your bills.

Cons

Bad management that sits in the back while you do all the work and they talk behind your back. They go to classes but are not management material. At least 2 9 or 10 hour days a week which are long hours for stylist. You don’t receive any 10 minute breaks. If you try to talk to management they take things personally and then turn it on you and take it out on you in passive...

Advice to Management

Management needs more work in order to manage. Teamwork should be more focused on. Otherwise you will lose all your stylists.

Nice place to work at. But paid the very bare minimum

Current Employee - Stylist in Cary, NC

I have been working at Sport Clips full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The manager I had was amazing to work under, paid training that allows you to stay up to date on the newest hair cutting trends. And get free CE hours

Cons

Long hours of working from open to close, not feeling appreciated by upper management, the store that I am in is VERY understaffed so a lot of days are spent working 10 hours without receiving a break

Advice to Management

Show your employees that they are appreciated

• Good pay, great team, good tips

Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Tampa, FL

I worked at Sport Clips for more than 2 years

Pros

The pay was good we got an hourly pay plus a chance to make commission if we met retail goals. Tips were amazing. We were located in a upper class area so we would get a $20 tip on a $19 haircut frequently.

Cons

They expect you to be pushy when it comes to retail and upsells. Retail was hard to sell to men. There is a lot of micro managing at the salon I was at. Lots of long hours with no breaks.

Advice to Management

The five point play seems very salesly and fake. You should switch the uniforms to all black salon attire instead of those ugly shirts we have to pay for.

Doesn't care about employees

Current Employee - Stylist/Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Sport Clips full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great tips but they tax you on them so they are really not yours ..nice talking to the men ..nice making them feel good about there haircut ..that's the only thing that kept me working there was the men other then that I would have not stayed

Cons

Long hours they expect you to slave and sale things and go fast on haircuts like a robot which we are not ..the men hate that we cut fast and actually prefer quality or quantity.they don't care about there employees they fire you as soon as you don't sale product and cut hair in 15 minutes be aware don't apply !!! Or if you do don't stay before you get fired !!!!!! - Indianapolis...

Advice to Management

Nothing they don't care why waste your breath

• Area Coach and Area Manager

I worked at Sport Clips

Pros

Great opportunities for growth. I specifically had the lead on recruitment, team operations and development. It was most rewarding to see a team member achieve a task or goal that they didn't feel they could at one time or another (or maybe just struggled with). When observing a team/team member achieve and exceed goals, it is so rewarding to see their smiles and pride in themselves!

Cons

If short staffed, long hours

Advice to Management

If you implement everything your taught and are consistent with your follow through, you can achieve great success!

• sc

I have been working at Sport Clips

Pros

great money, nice clients usually

Cons

long hours, no weekends off usually

Advice to Management

n/a

Found 972 reviews