Sport Clips "nights and weekends" Reviews | Glassdoor

Sport Clips Employee Reviews about "nights and weekends"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Wonderful company culture and growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Sport Clips full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, great pay, and benefits!!

Cons

You work nights and weekends but that is when you make the most money so is it even really a con?

"Bomb.com!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Butler, PA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Butler, PA

I have been working at Sport Clips full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fast paced, walk-in based so you don't need your own clientele, paid time off, full benefits, awesome tips! If you hit your goals you get a great bonus!

Cons

have to be able to work nights and weekends

Advice to Management

providing actual barber training would be really cool!

3. "Mananger"

Current Employee - Manager in West Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Manager in West Jordan, UT

I have been working at Sport Clips full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I absolutely love Sport Clips! I've worked for Sport Clips for 8 years, would've been 8 1/2 but I left the company for about 6 months. I decided to try barbershop to try a new experience in the same industry. It made me appreciate Sport Clips so much more and everything about it. Our values, culture, staff and clientele are like none other. Sport Clips truly cares about their stylists and want/give you the tools to succeed! I will never leave this company again unless I decide to take a break from hair all together. It's fun and you make great money! Plus, there's ALWAYS room for advancement!

Cons

Nights and weekends are a requirement, some stores are closed Sundays and you may be able to negotiate your schedule. The more flexible you are with your availability the more hours you'll get. Not a con because we are busy and it's worth it!

Advice to Management

As a manager myself, I'd say to always stay involved with your teams. Coming back from a different company and seeing how much more Sport Clips invests in their teams to be successful, take full advantage of the tools offered to take your team to the top!

"Best workplace for stylists!"

Current Employee - Instructional Coach in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Instructional Coach in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Sport Clips full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone I work with including the management and owners really care about me. We are treated fairly and there is no better way to make money in this industry. Much better to make $5 tip on a 20 minute haircut then a $5 tip on a 2-hour foil. When all the clients are men they appreciate your advice on their hair and will trust you, it is very easy to sell retail and upgrade clients.

Cons

Nights and weekends are required for full-time stylists, but that is when there are the most clients to make money, so not much of a con if you like to make money.

Advice to Management

Stay amazing!

5. "Awesome place to work!!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Sport Clips full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Upbeat environment, friendly coworkers, super caring owners, almost always busy, great pay!! As long as you are motivated you will hit your goals and make a lot in your paycheck, plus the tips are wonderful! I've been able to support my family on my own while my husband was unemployed and have made enough here that we have been okay! Very involved with the community and do so many fundraising events!

Cons

There really aren't any! Nothing you wouldn't expect in this industry. Work nights and weekends, but we close early on weekends so you still have time for a life :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

"Great company"

Current Employee - Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Sport Clips full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great money,appreciated,busy growing salons,not a chop shop,great owners. Flexibility of schedules. On going free training and given every tool to succeed. Comfy work attire

Cons

In this industry you will work nights and weekends it's just a must nothing against sport clips. Tough to be a manager as stylist come and go but most chain stylist you will have the few who rotate out

7. "Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Deer Park, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Deer Park, TX

I have been working at Sport Clips full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wearing comfortable athletic clothes, anti-fatigue floors, we follow values, we care about our stylist, opportunity for growth, and we make great money.

Cons

we work nights and weekends but we know thats part of the industry

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

"Quality work/life balance"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Sport Clips full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great pay, training and opportunities for advancement . No chemicals, men tip well and are loyal, easy to build a nice clientele. Some of my stores get every other weekend off, the smaller stores get every other Sunday off and rotate full weekends off. All job descriptions are paid based on performance so you control your paycheck, it's not a flat base pay but is a guaranteed base plus commissions, bonuses, good tips, paid vacations, full benefits including, health, dental, life and disability. We have fun and go to great events. We are closed and paid for 7 major holidays.

Cons

I would say the only cons are no current retirement plan. Every thing else would be industry related like nights and weekends are busy.

Advice to Management

Maybe set up access to a financial planner or career support specialists? Many stylists need help with life skills to help them be financially responsible.

Sport Clips Response

Jan 19, 2016 – Sr. Director of Career Opportunities

That was a great suggestion. We truly appreciate your feedback.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Manager in Madison, WI

I have been working at Sport Clips (More than a year)

Pros

We have a wonderful store owner who really cares about his employees and pays us what we're worth. Commission schedule, paid holidays, vacation days and of days off can all be earned and are more than fair.

Cons

Nights and weekends but that's what we signed up for when we went into this industry.

Advice to Management

Keep it up :)

Sport Clips Response

Jan 19, 2016 – Sr. Director of Career Opportunities

Thank you for your feedback!

10. "customer service"

Current Employee - Stylist Owner in Nappanee, IN
    Current Employee - Stylist Owner in Nappanee, IN

I have been working at Sport Clips full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is an equal opportunity employer. Friendly owner, managers, and staff. A wonderful environment for the creative, courteous, and ambitious individual.

Cons

You must be able to work a lot of late nights and weekends. I believe there is a high rate of turnover because of this. One is never given the same shifts.