Sport Clips "no benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Sport Clips Employee Reviews about "no benefits"

Found 972 reviews

4.1
Sport Clips CEO Gordon B. Logan
Gordon B. Logan
Pros
  • "Great pay and awesome leadership(in 66 reviews)

• "Health Insurance, great tips, continuing education(in 48 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "no benefits"

Return to all Reviews

Crooks, toxic environment

Current Employee - Hairstylist in Wall, NJ

I have been working at Sport Clips part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Clients are treat you well

Cons

As if we don’t makes this company thousands of dollars and our pay checks aren’t enough to live off of, you have the audacity to steal (unauthorized) out of our pay checks money to fund “voluntary miscellaneous” items such as back bar. On top of that, we are bullied to sell products and provide rushed haircuts. Don’t waste your time or talent working here unless your just that desperate. There is NO job security here,...

Advice to Management

Stop taking money out your of employees paychecks to fund the un ”voluntary miscellaneous” items you decided to make up. You make enough money off us in service sales as it is and you should truly be ashamed of yourself to think that’s ok. Clients are well aware of your high turnover rates and it’s because you don’t appreciate and respect your employees.

February 11, 2019Talent and Engagement Specialist

I am so sorry about your experience. If you have not already, I suggest that you have this conversation with the owner of the store. There may be an opportunity through communication to gain further understanding for both you and the store owner. Please know that we understand you ...

Manager

I worked at Sport Clips full-time

Pros

Some cool clients and depending on location some cool people

Cons

Owners are greedy and don’t care. Horribly understaffed always. Bad pay no benefits.

January 15, 2019Talent and Engagement Specialist

We would love to know what location you were at so that we can pass the information along to the correct party to look into this. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you know we are a franchise; so not every store is owned and operated exactly the same. Thanks again!

Store Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Sport Clips full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Guaranteed base pay and hours.

Cons

No balance between work and personal life. No benefits. No PTO for management. Call and email at all hours, even on off days and vacation time. Undermine you with the team.

Advice to Management

Watch your back most franchise owners are all about numbers and if the store isnt hitting them they will replace you. The pay isnt worh the amount of work you do.

January 11, 2019Talent and Engagement Specialist

We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with your location, we will get this sent over to the correct party to look into your concerns more. Wishing you the best in your future endeavors!

Mamagement/stylist

I worked at Sport Clips full-time

Pros

Great tips, good clients ( if in a good location) - sports all day- loved making guys feel pampered.

Cons

Poor management. Too much focus on petty issues when bigger issues at hand. You have to be flexible to what they want. No benefits, so no medical dental etc. You also can't use your choice of tools- you have to wear a uniform- you can't have vivid colors- you can't show tattoos lol

Advice to Management

Be transparent. Not everyone should get paid the same. When your making the same as someone fresh out of school you start to wonder. Don't Be afraid to admit your flaws.

Stylist

I worked at Sport Clips

Pros

The pay can be good

Cons

Everything else. No benefits, unprofessional team members including management and owner. Lack of consistency. Long hours. No breaks. No clear communication or expectations from franchisee. High turn over. unfair pay practices.

6. Stylist

Current Employee - Stylist in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Sport Clips full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great group of stylists. Fun, energetic, always helping eachother out. Okay money for the most part.

Cons

No benefits and no weekends off. If you have a family, you miss out on alot. Working on a Saturday is understandable, but to do it every Saturday, especially if your store is open on Sundays, a saturday or Sunday off once in a while would be nice.

Advice to Management

More flexibility for weekends. Benefits for those who can't get it on their own.

Hairstylist

Former Employee - Hairstlyist in Bonney Lake, WA

I worked at Sport Clips full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great idea, only mens and little boys cuts, easy, and great prodcuts

Cons

Management sucks, no lunch breaks, breaks are only for smokers, no benefits

Advice to Management

dont pick favorites and be flexible with how you handle people and changes in others people lifes

8. Fun place to work but not forever

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Sport Clips full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Very busy, no chemicals, comfortable clothes, lots of fun training and classes to take will never be board always busy they have a good value system when used properly being able to watch sports all day (if you like that) lol if your there long enough you will build a clientele

Cons

Over work you always understaffed give you lots of raises at first but once you peek they stop, no benefits or holiday pay schedule is never consistent lots of promises for advancing but never any fallow through tips at lower between $2-$5 usually but doing 14-20 cuts a day it adds up

Advice to Management

Don't make promises to employees for grows with no follow through. Keep the standards high when hiring clients complain that it can be hit or miss depending on who you get. Give raises or bonuses for a job well done not just numbers

9. Stylost

I have been working at Sport Clips full-time

Pros

Customers are great big tippers

Cons

Standing on your feet all day low pay no benefits

10. Working at sport clips in Manhattan beach is just like working a regular job. Show up , smile ,cut, clean and go home.

Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Manhattan Beach, CA

I have been working at Sport Clips full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Tips , commission is available, incentive pay when you reach goal for selling products and service dollar per hour, flexible schedule, comfortable uniform

Cons

Paying $5.00 a month to use products on customers, buying your own uniform, overtime is frowned upon, no raises, no benefits, taking sick days is frowned upon, promotions with no raises, janitorial cleaning is required on your part, you have to drive to the OC for three days to be trained. Reaching commission is hard with the peaks and valleys of clients coming in.

Found 972 reviews