KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Sport&Health Reviews

Updated May 24, 2021

Found 154 of over 156 reviews

2.7
Sport&Health Co-CEOs Kirk and John Galiani  (no image)
Kirk and John Galiani
Pros
  • "The free gym membership is the best job perk(in 41 reviews)

• "We get free gym membership, though who would still want to be there if you're already spending most of your time in the gym(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, low pay and poor management(in 10 reviews)

• "Long hours, Unrealistic expectations(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Lots of Internal Growth Opportunities

Oct 6, 2020 - Club Management
      Business Outlook

Pros

- lots of opportunities to get promoted into full-time roles - Company mostly hires from within - fun, fast-paced - complimentary club membership to all locations - 401k - health care - not a desk job - focus on fitness - workouts, etc.

Cons

- evening and weekend hours - current slower growth in Company because of COVID 19 - no a good job for people who don't like people - you need to socialize with general public and other employees which I like but not everyone does

Director of Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're so happy you're enjoying the many benefits we offer and the fun, fast-paced work environment! I will share your feedback regarding better promotion of internal job opportunities and the 401K match with our leadership team. If you have any additional feedback that will help us improve please email us at teamfeedback@usfitnessgroup.com. Thank you!

2. 4.0

Fine Company

May 24, 2021 - Lifeguard
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not a lot of work

Cons

Low pay and boring on the job

Sport&Health Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide input! I'm sorry the position did not meet your expectations in regards to the work load and compensation. If you have any additional feedback or more details regarding your experience that will help us improve please email us at hr@usfitnessgroup.com. All the best!

3. 1.0
      Former Employee

No decent benefits and pay

Apr 30, 2021 - SPA Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

There's not much qualifications needed for this job, easy apply and hire.

Cons

The job is demanding physically and of your time. It requires you to perform a lot of different tasks and you don't notice it's already past your break time. You can take a decent break, and no decent benefits and pay either.

Sport&Health Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your input! I'm sorry the position did not meet your expectations in regards to the work load; we will pass on this information to the leadership team. If you have any additional feedback or more details regarding your experience that will help us improve please email us at hr@usfitnessgroup.com. All the best!

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good side job

Mar 24, 2021 - Front Desk Receptionist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours; fun environment; great benefits

Cons

not much work to do

Sport&Health Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your input! I'm glad you liked the flexibility, environment, and the benefits. I'm sorry the work load did not meet your expectations. If you have any additional feedback or more details regarding your experience that will help us improve please email us at hr@usfitnessgroup.com. All the best!

5. 2.0

Low Pay and Minimal Appreciation

Mar 16, 2021 - Personal Trainer
      Business Outlook

Pros

The clients were very motivated.

Cons

Two primary reasons I disliked this workplace were low pay and minimal appreciation. The pay is low as compared to the work expected. Also, the management didn't appreciate employees efforts.

Sport&Health Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your input. I'm sorry the position did not meet your expectations, in regards to pay and the work appreciation. If you have any additional feedback or more details regarding your experience that will help us improve please email us at hr@usfitnessgroup.com. All the best!

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Flexible hours and not too stressful

Jan 26, 2021 - Explosive Performance Coach in Herndon, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours and not too stressful

Cons

Difficult to make more than 60k in a year. It is certainly possible, but it is unusual.

7. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

low salary

Apr 4, 2021 - Aquatic Director in Arlington, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible hours, 401K, free membership

Cons

low salary, don't feel welcome, you need to be on call

Director of Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re sorry the position is not meeting your expectations. I will share your feedback with our leadership team. If you have any additional feedback that will help us improve your experience, please email us at hr@usfitnessgroup.com. Thank you for your employment with Sport&Health.

8. 1.0

Better to work elsewhere

Feb 5, 2021 - Front Desk Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company gives complimentary membership to employees only if they work full time.

Cons

It's better to work in retail than here. There are more weird and rude people here than in retail stores where you can at least enjoy their products more.

Sport&Health Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your input. I'm sorry the position did not meet your expectations. If you have any additional feedback or more details regarding your experience that will help us improve please email us at hr@usfitnessgroup.com. All the best!

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Review

Feb 17, 2021 - General Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not much to put here

Cons

No work life balance here

Sport&Health Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your input. I'm sorry the position did not meet your expectations. If you have any additional feedback or more details regarding your experience that will help us improve, we would greatly appreciate hearing form you, please email us at hr@usfitnessgroup.com. All the best!

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lunatic

Dec 21, 2020 - Membership Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not much to say that is a plus.

Cons

Long hours, Unrealistic expectations. Management has no idea of what they are doing. The owners are lunatics as are some of the managers. I did the mistake of my life quitting previous job and coming here. I had the worst day of my life. Seriously look elsewhere. Many of the reviewers on here were created by management to improve company rating.

Sport&Health Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your input. I'm sorry the position did not meet your expectations. If you have any additional feedback or more details regarding your experience that will help us improve please email us at hr@usfitnessgroup.com. Thank you, and all the best!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 154 Reviews