Sports Basement Employee Reviews about "bay area"
Updated Nov 1, 2021
Found 4 of over 162 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Benefits are great!" (in 20 reviews)
- "The people are great." (in 17 reviews)
- "Great customers and coworkers." (in 11 reviews)
- "Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful." (in 6 reviews)
- "fun people, good discounts, easy work environment, free lunch food" (in 6 reviews)
- "Low pay for how much we hustled and level of technical skill required, roles felt not clearly defined at times" (in 14 reviews)
- "Because management and corporate is mostly comprised of those who have been with the company and worked hard to earn their positions, many will be mainstays in the company so there is little to no room for growth into a management position." (in 7 reviews)
- "Hard to move up if you don't plan to be here forever or want to be a manager, so enjoy the time spent and use it as a place to launch from...also, pay is basically minimum wage." (in 4 reviews)
- "rentals was at times frustrating because there was sometimes a lack of leadership." (in 3 reviews)
- "The other biggest problem is that communication is an extremely difficult issue within the company." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Sports Basement and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "bay area"Return to all Reviews
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
A great place to workMar 21, 2018 - Bike MechanicRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
You get %40 off the ENTIRE store and if you work for a year, you get the discount for life. A massive break room with enough candy to feed a small army. Free rentals. Airline miles. Flexible schedule. Working with people who are as excited about the product you sell as you should be.
Pay is not the greatest especially considering that you have to live in the bay area to work there.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★
Great company, fun cultureNov 8, 2015 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great culture, awesome people. 40% discount off of everything. Flexible hours with the ability to work remote or from other locations in the Bay Area.
Other departments seemed great to work in. Accounting department got the short end of the stick quite often. Not very green, as a company, which sucked.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★
N/ANov 9, 2018 - Seasonal Employee in San Jose, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Relaxed atmosphere great selection of everything , competitive prices!
No communication, typical bay are attitude, it has a double standard, not all personal is skilled, they don’t have a back ground or deep knowledge at the area of expertise.......Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★
Great company to work forAug 24, 2022 - Creative DirectorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I've been at this company for well over a decade - this company cares about doing right by it's customers, they trust their staff to make good choices, they try to be transparent and positive as much as they can. They are open minded and flexible, and encourage their staff to go on vacation and take advantage of their benefits (free food, free rentals, great discounts, etc).
Pay is on the lower end of the spectrum for the Bay Area.