Sports & Arts In Schools Foundation "room for growth" Reviews | Glassdoor

Sports & Arts In Schools Foundation Employee Reviews about "room for growth"

Updated Feb 12, 2017

3.1
Sports & Arts In Schools Foundation CEO Maureen Fonseca (no image)
Maureen Fonseca
Pros
Cons
  • "not much room for growth pay wise and my supervisor was unorganized at times(in 3 reviews)

• "Such rude behavior was felt by myself, staff and site staff(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "room for growth"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Decent job, short-term"

I have been working at Sports & Arts In Schools Foundation part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great sense of camaraderie with coworkers, the work is rewarding, the children are wonderful

Cons

Little to no room for growth, no options for health insurance or other benefits (apart from ADP discount marketplace), despite recent efforts to improve SASF is still a very disorganized organization with a lot lost in communication, there's been a trend towards too much emphasis placed on STEM and academics not enough placed on the arts or sports which are vital for the development of well-rounded and functional... individuals, individual employee experience varies tremendously based on the site at which you're stationed: some are great teams with great managers, others are absolute nightmares where you feel completely unsupported

Advice to Management

Try to support your team as much as you can, not just financially....let them vent, fight for them to have access to the facilities that they need in the schools to run the program efficiently and safely, make sure they all have the supplies they need to run their program, be open with communication and clear, keep people informed about expectations, requirements, deadlines, etc.

Sports & Arts In Schools Foundation2017-02-13

"Program Director"

I worked at Sports & Arts In Schools Foundation

Pros

Easy job part time job for college students or young adults. Fun trips for children.

Cons

No room for growth or advancement. No job benefits.

Advice to Management

Management has a weak foundation, is disorganized and dysfunctional.

Sports & Arts In Schools Foundation2015-10-17
  3. "basic tutoring job"

I worked at Sports & Arts In Schools Foundation

Pros

decent pay,foundation is great for kids, as an activity specialist we took them on alot of trips and they participated in alot of activities outside of the school. theres alittle something for every kid.

Cons

not much room for growth pay wise and my supervisor was unorganized at times.not enough hours given. school staff can be rude.

Sports & Arts In Schools Foundation2012-04-04