SpotOn Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2019

Found 95 reviews

4.0
Zach Hyman
Pros
  • "The product, the people and the industry (sales) is fun and lucrative, you make your own hours and work from home(in 7 reviews)

• "Everyone in HQ share the same goals and are interested in helping our merchants(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "This in returns gets sales reps who have no idea what they are selling(in 4 reviews)

• "I wish I can go to main office in San Francisco often because after 4 days of joining the SpotOn Academy, I left my heart there(in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"SpotOn is a company that cares about their people."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at SpotOn full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have worked here for a few months, but I've been around the block. The amount of money I've made is incredible, the support I've received has been nothing short of awesome, and I've left every single appointment knowing I helped the person I just signed up. Here's the deal, it's a straight commission job. If you have no or little sales experience? Probably not going to work out. What you are seeing with all the...

Cons

The only downside for me is I hate having to micro-manage my pay. In a straight commission job, that's just how it is. Most of the mistakes are mine in fairness, and when I point it out it is fixed. Doesn't mean I enjoy it. ;)

Advice to Management

None really. Best opportunity I may ever have had in my life while working for someone.

SpotOn2018-11-28

November 29, 2018President

This is great to read. I couldn't agree with you more - this job is what you make of it. I love how supported you feel and the fulfillment you get from helping our customers. Pay transparency is paramount. While I'm proud of the detailed reporting in your Partner Portal, we're ...

2. "FIN-TECHTASTIC!"

Current Employee - Sales Partner in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SpotOn full-time for more than a year

Pros

With SpotOn Restaurant POS it is going to take me to another level. Nobody has a suite of products like this. I really love teaching people about the POS. I really believe if you want something work for it and it will get noticed.

Cons

Straight commission is hard but I think things are going to move in a better direction .

Advice to Management

Keeping the open door policy is awesome. Directors have a lot on their plates.

SpotOn2019-06-26

June 27, 2019President

We're incredibly proud of the team we have and couldn't agree more that growth creates opportunity. If you believe in something and work hard to achieve it, anything is possible. Best, RJ

"It's not like working FOR a company, it's like being a valued member of a family."

Current Employee - Sales Partner in Champaign, IL

I have been working at SpotOn full-time for less than a year

Pros

Outstanding support and training. Excellent income potential. Incredibly advanced technology. If you truly are interested in helping customers and doing business the right way, this a great family. Come join us.

Cons

You have to learn how to cold call and it is hard to be sure. If you cannot manage your time effectively, it's going to be hard. If you are not self-motivated, it's going to be still harder. This is hard work, nobody is going to sugar coat that but it is work that anyone can do if they are willing to actually work. Other than that, I can't think of any cons at all except I wish I'd found SpotOn 20 years ago.

Advice to Management

In reality, I don't have enough experience with this company to really have any great advice. Although the training is incredible, especially ramping up newbies who don't know anything about the merchant services space, it can be hard to just learn by osmosis and listening or reading. I have no idea how it could be done but if there was some way to make the learning/training more interactive and involved it might be...

SpotOn2019-06-04

June 11, 2019President

Thanks for the review - what resonates most is the "family" aspect. We're proud to have you on the team and excited to work together for a long time. Best, RJ

4. "Leadership is lacking common understanding"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at SpotOn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Home office, set your own schedule

Cons

Training is too general and not specific enough. Takes longer than states to ramp up.

Advice to Management

Be more realistic

SpotOn2019-07-11

July 12, 2019President

I'm sorry to hear this was your experience. While I don't believe we're unrealistic, I agree that training can always be improved and we're working on that. We recently created a National Trainer role and are rolling out Certifications next Monday to help get our team more knowledgeable. ...

"Sales Representative at SpotOn Why SpoOn is the #1 company to represent in the Payments Industry"

I have been working at SpotOn

Pros

The best reason to work at SpotOn as a sales rep is the support provided whether you are a seasoned rep or brand new to the industry. As a sales rep you gain a strong path to success because: *Support is over the top /Super strong partners *Access to the best products/terminals to please any and every merchant *Reputation to be proud of *Income potential is through the roof

Cons

Anything worth doing, where you are going for success is hard-But if you are willing to put in the time and effort the PROS will outweigh the cons!

Advice to Management

Don’t change.... 😊 Keep being supportive and positive-So helpful at problem solving and always there to assist!!

SpotOn2019-05-23

May 29, 2019President

Couldn't agree more - if the job was easy, everyone would do it. That said, we have an incredible team of W2 Sales Partners who bleed blue and pour themselves into their job every day. Keep up the great work and proud to have you on the team. Best, RJ

• "Worldclass Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SpotOn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great mangement structure, work environment and people

Cons

They need to have a better benefits package

SpotOn2019-05-27

May 29, 2019President

Thanks for the feedback! As we continue to grow as a company, we're constantly working to improve our benefits package, including rolling out a 401k program. Proud to have you on the team! Best, RJ

• "Okay, but disorganized"

Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at SpotOn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Ability to work with relevant technology - Flexible office hours - Relaxed office environment

Cons

- Confusing leadership (priorities are shifting every single day) - Promised 401ks years ago and still not delivered - Senior engineers dont stay long

SpotOn2019-05-31

June 3, 2019President

Thanks for the feedback. I wholeheartedly agree that a 401k is something we both want and need to offer. And while it may seem like an empty promise, there are some complexities as it relates to the nature of our W2 employees that complicate things. That said - we will have it live ...

"Wasn't aware a company like this existed, AMAZING. This place has blown me away!"

Current Employee - Sales Partner in Florence, AL

I have been working at SpotOn full-time for less than a year

Pros

Atmosphere, encouragement, personal development, pay is great, lots of bonuses plus residuals.

Cons

Challenges? Pushing yourself to be above average to truly change your financial future. Being ok with being a little uncomfortable but for the benefit of the people you help as well as yourself is a challenge, but very rewarding.

Advice to Management

Management and Owners have been the best type of people I've experienced in business (7 years). They are very generous with their time and actively pursue your desires for the benefit of everyone.

SpotOn2019-05-01

May 9, 2019President

Thanks for the review! It's our team like you who create the culture you cite. Keep up the great work. Best, RJ

• "Poor Quality of People"

Former Employee - Sales in San Antonio, TX

I worked at SpotOn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company. Up in-coming.

Cons

The quality of people they hire. Bad company representation.

Advice to Management

Hire quality people. do background checks. Currently have a 2 time felon working in the San Antonio Area. Your sales people have made national news. Unbelievable.

SpotOn2019-05-06

May 9, 2019President

We take very seriously the quality of people on our team. Thank you for providing feedback and appreciate your support of the company more generally. Best, RJ

• "Awesome Company!"

Current Employee - Executive Sales

I have been working at SpotOn full-time for less than a year

Pros

All the support you need is available to you. You have a question, SpotOn has the answer. Need help with writing up a contract or overcoming obstacles, SpotOn provides the guidance. I've worked for Merchant Processing Companies over 15 years ago. A lot of them are shady; hiding pricing and padding fees. I reentered the industry for one reason, the product and the service behind SpotOn. I did research and compared...

Cons

I haven't experienced any negatives.

Advice to Management

Keep the training coming. The daily training opportunities and great for starting sales reps and to remind the experienced reps to get back to basics.

SpotOn2019-04-12

April 25, 2019President

This is great to hear - and yes, the "Daily 20" has been an awesome addition to our training program. More improvements coming there soon :) Proud to have you on the team and keep the feedback coming. Best, RJ

Found 95 reviews