Spraying Systems Company Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
James E. Bramsen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Internship"

Pros

Great team
    Very helpful in navigating through what the company does
    Great projects to work on with experienced employees' supervision
    Great Ethical Standards

Cons

-Sometimes it was hard to understand the complex processes in manufacturing but the good thing is that whenever I asked for clarity, they were willing to give it to me always.

Advice to Management

Keep the hard work you do. It was a great way for me to rotate around different departments as it gave me a great insight on how the company works together as one even with various independent departments.

2. "Look elsewhere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wheaton, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wheaton, IL

I worked at Spraying Systems Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learning manufacturing skills that might help you in the future
    working with team members who also want to succeed
    learning skills from long term employees can be enriching

Cons

management does not always hire help when it is desperately needed
    you will have multiple jobs in your department with high expectations and no back up
    the new hires are made to pick up slack for team members who have been with the company a long time and can no longer handle their job due to age or physical restrictions
    you will have team members who bring morale down and gossip is tolerated.
    new hires are expected to take online classes to educate themselves about manufacturing. You have to do these classes on your own time, you are not compensated and you will not receive raises until these are complete.
    you have to have a predetermined amount of hours on the job before receiving raises
    some managers run multiple departments and leave other team members in charge. This causes a lot of problems.

Advice to Management

When your employees ask for help or you see them struggling, help them find a solution, hire someone to assist them or move them to a different station. Do not let good hard working employees take more weight than the team members who do more talking than working.

3. "OK for summer job!"

Current Employee - Package Handler in Glendale Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Package Handler in Glendale Heights, IL

I have been working at Spraying Systems Company part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice People
    Cold A.C
    Nice Floors I guess

Cons

Bathrooms nasty
    Boring
    Cafeteria smell bad
    Windows are very dirty

Advice to Management

Stop spying on us, we know already

4. "Not the best place to work"

I worked at Spraying Systems Company full-time

Pros

Team activities no pressure to be active

Cons

management issues never resolved, The pay is terrible,

"Too many quirks to make it a career"

I have been working at Spraying Systems Company full-time

Pros

Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Work/life balance

Cons

Poor management, engineering is often forced into a sales support role, rushed work due to poor management

Advice to Management

allow engineers to focus on engineering and expect sales people to learn their products instead of taking valuable time away from engineers

6. "Good Company Culture and a Market Leader"

Former Employee - Digital Specialist in Wheaton, IL
    Former Employee - Digital Specialist in Wheaton, IL

I worked at Spraying Systems Company (Less than a year)

Pros

I was brought on as a contract to hire temp specifically for digital growth focusing on their market automation and CRM platforms, expanding functional capabilities and developing prototypes. Additionally, I created multiple strategies for social media, PPC and SEM which I executed plus competitive site analysis. I was also engaged with creating position papers for DAM and CMS assessment as well as Google based SEO strategies, etc. A lot to do. People were very kind, welcoming and smart. I also had the opportunity to join the golf league. Employees that are hired have free health care and good profit sharing from what I heard. The only negative was 2 weeks of vacation and a 10 year commitment before receiving an additional week. I was looking forward to becoming part of this company family which currently dominates the business of spray technology on a global level. Very fascinating industry and loved learning about it. The small marketing team I was a part of was productive and we were working very hard. I compliment the way in which my contract was terminated by senior management, professional and heart felt. It was business timing and my reviews were very good. I would gladly return if asked.

Cons

The reason I mentioned all I was doing in the pros is because a lot of good, positive ROI projects were being developed, researched and ready to launch. The downside was that because the management style is very top down - like a waterfall development method instead of agile, scope creep and stagnancy regarding digital progress was ever present. For any digital team to be developed and integrated, those experienced know that a bottom up approach is best with highly collaborative teams and commitment from management to embrace the expertise and execution. Resources in these areas with the ability to execute in this manner were minimal. Now I believe that Spraying Systems is simply going through very slow changes - my opinion is that operational improvement will happen from future competition and a need to appeal to a younger workforce. As a contract employee, events can change in either direction of course so no hard feelings. I only noted a 1 star for Career Opportunity since there wasn't one in my situation.

Advice to Management

With respect to digital strategy and development - integrate an agile operational methodology. It must be truly collaborate to succeed.

7. "Great Company"

I have been working at Spraying Systems Company full-time

Pros

Very consistent job and pay. Can work there for life, if your competent. Good medical benefits.

Cons

Very strict with attendance. Low vacations days for the amount of seniority.

Advice to Management

Try to look at the picture of keeping employees happy and motivated instead of a afraid and unappreciated.

8. "To Bad I had to relocate"

Former Employee - Senior Mechanic in Glendale Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Mechanic in Glendale Heights, IL

Pros

Strong employee first culture
    Gain sharing for goals makes most employees work together
    Good training
    Good facilities

Cons

Couple of the supervisors did not listen to suggestions
    Sometimes things get really intense

Advice to Management

Constantly increasing goals makes employees perform better to keep their compensation the same. Seems like owner and senior executes are getting all the economic benefit of worker improvement. Discouraging that company is more profitable because of employees but we are not paid more.

9. "Sales Office Mgr"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Glendale Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Glendale Heights, IL

I have been working at Spraying Systems Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Laid back. Almost impossible to get fired.

Cons

Behind the times. Inconsistent policies.

Advice to Management

None available in my position.

"Checker, Mechanical Designer Documentation Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynn, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynn, MA

I worked at Spraying Systems Company (More than a year)

Pros

A well managed friendly company.

Cons

To much political overtone from Wheaton Illinois