Spring Mobile Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Jason Ellis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "work life balance, / Corp office is out of Utah youhave to relocate to work in corporate office" (in 47 reviews)

• "Can’t make a living off minimum wage even with commission" (in 76 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for"

I worked at Spring Mobile full-time

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Keep employees in the loop

2. "Genuinely Happy"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Gig Harbor, WA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Gig Harbor, WA

I have been working at Spring Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have always felt taken care of as a Spring employee. The pay is very rewarding for those that put in reasonable effort and hard work IS recognized and not overlooked. Plenty of opportunities to advance and grow. Also a LOT of benefits through both AT&T and GameStop.

Cons

Sales isn’t for everyone. You have to be aggressive and dedicated to succeed.

Also the quality of the company culture does vary by region of the country. I’ve worked in 2 different states with Spring and the culture is fantastic in some areas and not so much in others.

"Store Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Spring Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The hours are abundant, the benefits are amazing and the community is very helpful!

Cons

The pay structure is based off of location and unfair “tier” evaluations, also their is no proper training for new hires; causing consistent changes in staff.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, offer an extensive training program for new hires for employees retention and have more monthly team events.

4. "Mishandled Company"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Spring Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-good company vision and it's a friendly environment

Cons

-company got too big, voice is no longer heard.
    - too much focus on the store operating income...

Advice to Management

make an effort to visit with the employees at all the different locations instead of sending emails and groupme messages all day, every day. Trust me on this.

"It's okay for high schoolers"

Current Employee - Entertainment Consultant in Fayetteville, AR
    Current Employee - Entertainment Consultant in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Spring Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you want to work here it's an alright job. You have a decent home life balance, the benefit are alright and the co workers are great. The biggest issue is that traffic is slowing down due to other ways to buy phones and products which takes away from sales. You constantly have to explain how technology works to people and you get A LOT of people coming in angry about there bill when you can't do anything about it. My biggest problem is how little they pay you for how much you deal with is WAAAAAYYY lopsided. If you have extreme patience and don't need money for bills then its not terrible.

Cons

Pay, Some people will treat you like trash, Commission plan does not offer much.

Advice to Management

I'm not saying pay a lot more but realize that traffic is dying down and a little commission at a time doesn't help.

6. "Comp plan"

Current Employee - Tier I in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Tier I in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Spring Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very easy to understand, no cap, &TV Minimum!

Cons

not as much earning potential as older plans

Advice to Management

The EC's get paid to sit around, increasing the hourly promotes entitlement and laziness. $20K Gross profit is a bit unrealistic. Reps are mentioning leaving or going part time to find other jobs.

7. "Typical cellphone retailer, but with 4 different companies to try and please."

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Spring Mobile part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discount with At&t cellphone service.

Cons

You work for 4 different companies: At&t, DirectTV, Gamestop, and Spring Mobile. Yes, At&t owns DirectTV and yes, Gamestop owns Spring, but having essentially 4 different entities trying to accomplish their own goals is frustrating to sales reps and management. When customers come into a store (that says At&t on the outside) they are not expecting to get pitched DirectTV service. Maybe add DTV to the At&t signs on the OUTSIDE of the store so customers know that before they come in. Also, set goals for both part time employees (that can be achieved) and different ones for full time employees. Spring only really hires part time employees but the potential to make real commission is much harder because the payout is based on gross profit percentage. The previous compensation plan was much better for part time employees.......which is pretty much the majority of Springs new Sales force.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the Customer Savings Worksheet and take the time to train new employees so that they are proficient with pricing and services so that they don't need to fill out a form. Allow local managers to staff their stores hours based on ACTUAL traffic and not just how Spring/Gamestop/At&t/DirectTV want them to. Change your compensation plan to benefit BOTH part time and full time sales reps with commission, OR, just consider scrapping commission for part timers and increase the hourly wage. As a part timer, I would prefer to assist the full time reps, and be paid a higher hourly wage, so I can help speed up transaction times, and help with service issues. It would be much more beneficial than fighting to make $150-200/mo in commission. That would really benefit our customers too. Who wants to spend several hours in a cellphone store while just one rep helps set up multiple phones, tablets, and watches? And again, OFFER MORE LIVE TRAINING THAN JUST PRE-RECORDED VIDEOS THAT DO VERY LITTLE TO HELP REPS IN ACTUAL CUSTOMER INTERACTIONS!

8. "Titles do not come with pay!"

Current Employee - Business Account Executive in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Business Account Executive in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Spring Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The promises and family oriented culture is wonderful at first.

Cons

Where do I start???? Lies, broken promises, cult like behaviors (you have a pledge at each meeting), I’ve seen so many people get “promotions” after a couple months... it’s not because they deserve it, it’s to keep them on due to no one else wanting the job. Promotion in title, not pay though. It’s giving “managers” a title but the pay goes down. On the Business side, I’ve heard of them taking 20k pay cuts because their CEO (BB) was tired of being second to (JE) and would never be CEO. Lies on lies, doesn’t matter if you sell, they’ll find something to change the following month to make it impossible to make a decent living like 3rd and 4th levels.

Advice to Management

Cut loses in Business channel since you can’t pay anymore.

"As a sales associate your job is to sell the customers."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Canby, OR
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Canby, OR

Pros

The team and family aspect of the company is awesome, everyone is super friendly and you can make as much as you sell!

Cons

The company sometimes slow, and few customers, leading to limited commission for the seller depending on their location, especially during summer months

10. "BAM"

I have been working at Spring Mobile full-time

Pros

good working eviorment if you have a great team

Cons

management really unprofessional, don't care about their employee, high turnover rate