KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Spring Venture Group Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Dec 7, 2020

Found 20 of over 252 reviews

4.1
Spring Venture Group CEO Chris Giuliani
Chris Giuliani
Pros
  • "Very fun work environment when I started(in 20 reviews)

• "Great culture that gives you the tools to succeed day in and day out(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No real cons if you don't mind long hours some days(in 15 reviews)

• "Nothing to add here, just really impressed with how SVG handled this situation(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great starter sales job

May 30, 2019 - Sales Advisor in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun work Environment, very relaxed dress code, you have great access to your managers, they are always willing to jump on a call. You work hard, but it is great practice in sales overall with # of calls. Better money than most jobs first year out of school

Cons

Grew very fast, so sometimes too much growth focus and the individual employee can get lost. Overall a great job

2. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good Money. Not Equal Opportunity

Apr 27, 2020 - Sales Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

SVG was one of the best jobs I ever had so I thought when I started in 2017. I received great training, made a few friends, made good money and got to see a different side of my city. I believe the CEO and CFO try to do their best at making everyone feel as though their achievements to make good money and have a balanced life are possible. Very fun work environment when I started.

Cons

It’s really a white boys club/fraternity in upper management. Not enough diversity in upper management at all. I believe it’s set that way on purpose. As a African women I was up for a position that I was more than qualified for as I was already doing the duties for my team at no charge to the company. However when asked why I didn’t get a certain position I was told it was my “attitude”. This came as a shock to me and my entire team and many of my co-workers as I was coined one of the most positive and helpful employees there. After finding out that the person who got the position was sleeping with and dating a manager I understood that I was handled unfairly. There was only 1 manager of African decent at that time but he fit their model. When another overly qualified African co worker applied for an upper management position he was turned down as well. I don’t believe based on experience this company gives equal growth opportunity to people of color. Especially of African decent.

6 people found this review helpful
    3. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Decent company stalled by rapid growth

Dec 7, 2020 - Licensed Medicare Specialist in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, great onboarding training, great culture, clear expectations

Cons

Rapidly growing sales team (in 2018) and a change in lead management software led to a lot of hiccups on the sales floor and an overall feeling of disappointment. It might be better now.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Apr 29, 2020 - Insurance Sales Agent in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Money over the year is great. -Great work environment. -Flexibility with life events. -Great benefits. - Great coworkers all around.

Cons

-Some parts of the year are slower and if you are average you might have a bad month since this is mainly all on commision. last quarter of the year is where you make the big bucks. - longer than normal work hours ( 45 week minimum)*overtime is paid as base salary is $12 hr. -Not a lot of room to go up unless you want to just start managing people right away.

5. 5.0

Love it so far!!

Jun 25, 2015 - Life Insurance Agent in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work environment is conducive to those who want to make a lot of money. The former employee who complained about lead's, etc is and was just making excuses. Leads are leads, and its how you work those leads. If you want to be successful, this company gives you the that opportunity. They aren't going to do your work, but they are going to supply you with the tools to get there. I haven't noticed clique's within the corporate structure, but then again, I don't care. I m not 20 something. I just come to work, and rely on myself to make the money that I want to make. You can dress very casually and be relaxed all day. I love being able to wear a T-shirt to work with shorts. This is my kind of environment.!!!

Cons

Saturday hours. Granted they are only 3, but who likes working on the weekend? You can make some great contacts though. As con's go, this is really not that bad.

VP, HR and Recruiting

Hey, thanks for your kind review. It feels nice when our staff takes the time to let others outside of the SVG community know about their positive experience working with us. It sounds like you've seen that working hard can be fun and rewarding and we want you to know that our leaders are always here to make sure you have what you need to be successful in your career. Thanks again!

6. 5.0

Great Place to Work!

Jan 4, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Spring Venture Group has an entrepreneurial energy that is quite contagious. Management is very much in-tune with employee needs (and wants!) and are successfully leading a company that is experiencing tremendous growth, which is no easy feat. Employees are given the tools they need to succeed, and personal and professional development is not only encouraged but expected; you truly have to try to not do well here. A casual, horizontal management structure makes interactions with top executives frequent, easy, and accessible. Spring has a fun, collegial work environment with ping-pong tables, a beer fridge, and regular company socials both in and out of the office. They truly make the effort to make sure employees feel welcome and appreciated. Each person is an important piece of the puzzle; expectations are high, but so is achievement.

Cons

As the company grows, many of the processes and procedures that worked for a company of 30 employees no longer work for a company of 200+. Rather than just dealing with the headaches of outdated processes, however, employees are encouraged to voice ideas for improvements and innovations and are even given the tools to implement those improvements themselves in many cases.

VP Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time to provide this review! It is important to us that we maintain a strong culture and positive work environment as we grow, and we are truly thankful for our employees who bring great ideas to the table that continue to enable our success!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

This place is just different.

Sep 8, 2016 - Inside Sales Representative in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

As soon as you walk in the doors, you feel the energy. This place is just simply different than any other work environment that I have ever been a part of. I feel like I am an important piece to the puzzle, and as cliche as that may sound, its the truth. The compensation is limitless. If you are a person that wants to be mediocre, you will make $65k. If you are a person that has a strong work ethic, and you are focused on your tasks, you will make $125k+ easily. The sky is literally the limit.

Cons

I enjoy this career so much, it is almost addicting. I struggle to leave my work at the door, when I leave. I am constantly trying to improve my skills, and continue to succeed.

VP, HR and Recruiting

Thank you so much for leaving this feedback. We are really glad that you are enjoying your career with us.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

The best employer in Kansas City.

Apr 6, 2015 - Inside Sales Representative in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture of Spring Venture Group is exciting, friendly, and supportive. I have never worked for a company that cares so much for their employees. The management is professional and enthusiastic about helping their employees. There is uncapped potential for any individual willing to work hard and take every opportunity that comes to them. I felt welcome the second I walked into the office and now, after working here a little over a month, have a feeling of belonging. I have already built relationships my co-workers and that makes for a really comfortable and supportive work environment. I am so happy I made the decision to come here.

Cons

The only down side to working here is that you can't join "work complaints" conversations with your friends because you won't have any.

VP, HR and Recruiting

We are happy that you made the decision to come and work with us as well! We hope that you and the rest of our new hires for this year are wildly successful here at SVG. Thank you for spending a few minutes of your time to write feedback on how much you are enjoying your new career with us.

9. 5.0

Dec 1, 2015 - Anonymous in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment. Awesome management. Flexible schedule. Competitive pay. Exciting location. 2 ping pong arenas. Yes, ping pong arenas! Every new employee gets their own individual paddle. If your having a bad day or need to blow off some steam, go challenge a coworker to a game or watch one of the numerous TV's throughout the office! There's also a mini mart for those days when day-old chicken doesn't look like it'll hit the spot. They even cater food for employees once a month! If you want to work for a company that appreciates you and offers a great atmosphere, apply today. This place is great!

Cons

No matching 401k. The only other con I can think of is they expect you to work. But honestly, they treat you so well you'll want to work as hard as you can anyway!

VP, HR and Recruiting

Thank you for your review. It's nice to hear that you are enjoying the "perks" of being an SVG-er!

10. 3.0
      Current Employee

A great place to start - not to stay

May 26, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is still a small company, so great fun things to do that are unique to a small company like free happy hours, all-company lunches, philanthropy events, golf tournaments, parties, etc. Great people around you that make the environment enjoyable. Relaxed work environment in terms of speech and attire. New softwares are introduced often, but they improve day-to-day tasks. They're not afraid of innovation. Great place to start and grow!

Cons

You are treated/viewed differently based upon if you're in sales or not, salaried or not, and if you're friends with upper management inside and outside of work. Many managers have moved up from rapid growth without proper training. Financial and health benefits aren't great (but I believe it's being improved). They hire young or cheap, so they can save money on your lower pay. It's not hard to find out that people are unhappy feeling unappreciated knowing they're making less than the average in this city for the same job. With growth seems to come more secrecy from different areas of the company.

4 people found this review helpful

VP Human Resources

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide this review. We are very proud of the unique and growth-oriented work environment we have here at SVG, and are always seeking to improve and get better. We know that our growth brings new challenges so we are very focused on enhancing our various employee programs and developing our leaders so that employees feel supported, valued and engaged. We will continue to incorporate your and all of our employees' feedback as we innovate and grow. Thank you!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Reviews