The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about Springfield Public Schools? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Springfield Public Schools employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great Pay, especially since most states don't pay as much, but they should with the cost of living." (in 8 reviews)
- "Staff is friendly" (in 8 reviews)
- "Coworkers are great and welcoming" (in 7 reviews)
- "The benefits are good." (in 6 reviews)
- "Very good salary compared to other school districts." (in 5 reviews)
- "Management can be difficult." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Springfield Public Schools and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 120 of over 127 reviews
Updated Sep 10, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 3.0Sep 10, 2023Routing & Technology SpecialistCurrent Employee
The job is fun and engaging. Great for a problem solver with a knack for technology. Paid health insurance for the employee (not paid for the family). Enrollment in the PSRS as a school employee, vesting at 5 years, retirement eligibility at age 60, retirement income based on an average of your highest three years of earnings.
Routers are expected to cover routes when we are short on drivers. Being constantly understaffed results in at least 50% of your time on the clock being spent behind the wheel of a school bus on an annual basis.
Springfield Public Schools Reviews FAQs
Springfield Public Schools has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 127 reviews left anonymously by employees. 55% of employees would recommend working at Springfield Public Schools to a friend and 30% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
55% of Springfield Public Schools employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Springfield Public Schools 2.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.8 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.