Springs Window Fashions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
Eric Jungbluth

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "They get that work-life balance is necessary" (in 3 reviews)

• "There are good benefits and 401k" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "In addition, they are owned by a private-equity firm and I would highly research what that means" (in 3 reviews)

• "Upper management does not care about the people and who work their" (in 3 reviews)

"Happy employee"

I have been working at Springs Window Fashions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People, benefits, flexibility, pay, etc.

Cons

Not available at this time.

"Company at a crossroads"

I have been working at Springs Window Fashions full-time

Pros

Growing business with significant potential; bringing in new management with new ideas and ways of thinking;

Cons

New management is firing a lot of people making the atmosphere very uncertain and tense; multiple sales to private equity in 5 years; PE's have been sucking the money out for themselves, not sharing with the workers like they had been for the past 30+ years.

Advice to Management

Tred carefully, need a balanced approach to change; morale is very, very low and turnover is beginning to impact ability to progress on major growth and change initiatives.

"Money Only Goes So Far, Not a Good Place to Work"

I have been working at Springs Window Fashions full-time

Pros

Salary, Benefits, Occasional Bonus, Will Pay for Some Education or Professional Associations, Some Nice People , Summer Hours

Cons

Toxic Atmosphere, not many are happy here or planning to stay, favoritism, machiavellian managers. No real leaders or mentors, no training or development plans, dirty run down building with bad ventilation, out of date technology, butt-in-chair mentality.The culture they have is different than the one they say they have. I would never recommend this place to someone I cared about unless they were desperate.

Advice to Management

Begin by showing you care about your workers, the ones carrying the water and not the ones telling you what you want to hear. Create growth opportunities. You have a good capable workforce that is marginalized by your indifference. Soon you’ll be left with those that can’t work elsewhere.

"Growing and changing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middleton, WI

I have been working at Springs Window Fashions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Changes are on the horizon. When I started at SWF it was as if I went back in time. Technologies were out of date, the marketing teams did not have the tools necessary to make informed consumer decision. Over the past year significant changes have been made to bring the company up-to-speed. To me, this shows a CEO who is invested in making positive changes through informed strategic decisions. The next couple years will be challenging, but I see a bright future ahead as well.

Cons

Not always friendly in the halls, but as new hires are coming in the attitude is starting to shift. Mid-management is overworked and could benefit from support positions. Teams are in need of alignment, we are often working towards a similar goal but lack the communication to execute in a timely manner.

Advice to Management

Show appreciation and gratitude when people go above and beyond. A "thank you" and "great job" go a long way and motivates employees to keep doing good work.

"Bright Future"

I have been working at Springs Window Fashions (More than a year)

Pros

We have new ownership and management that are willing to invest in the company and make some changes that Springs has been needing for many years. We now have the resources needed to meet the goals that we have worked to accomplish the past few years and have missed. Good people to work with, lots of opportunities to grow.

Cons

There is a lot of change and a lot to get done. You have to dig in to accomplish everything.

Advice to Management

There is a lot of change, make sure you are over-communicating to all levels of the organization.

"Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Springs Window Fashions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Team mates, manager, coworkers team mates

Cons

This past year products downhill; poor quality, this company is looking to do things the cheapest way. Too many call backs to admit and dealer base is bailing out. We have changed the process on most products to say the least and too many problems, cheaper made products. It is simply a travesty to watch. Competition is well aware. What happened to this company

Advice to Management

Get a handle on the product quality, innovation, delivery, forecasting, etc. before it's too late. No new product offering and what we have is not best for industry competition has much better offering at better price.

"Changes needed"

I worked at Springs Window Fashions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, not generally micromanaged, low level group desires to do a good job. The pay is good, the benefits are good. People are generally good. There are plenty of positions available, as people are leaving as quickly as they can.

Cons

One on one communication is non-existent, you're lucky to get a smile and a "Hi" in the hallway from management. The mid-management teams are overworked and under appreciated. No career growth available for most, no help with next steps. If you need a job, and don't mind not growing or you hate change, then apply.

Advice to Management

Communicate, don't lead through fear. Fix work-life balance. Appreciate and use the experience that others bring to the table.

"Off Track"

Pros

There's still some really good people working here.

Cons

In the past year and a half, culture has completely reversed. It started at the top, but has now trickled into every nook and cranny of the organization. There is complete misalignment on vision/goals between departments, locations and management levels. The "winners" are now the people who are best at deflecting blame for problems so all manner of accountability is now out the window.

Every week there is direction from senior leaders that contradict the prior weeks direction. The critisims in the several reviews before mine describe the senior leaders and CEO very accurately. The CEO could careless about the workforce often yelling condescendingly to anyone and everyone.

Trust no longer exists at any level or between depts. $1000 business decisions are having to go to the ceo to approve both because no one wants to be accountable for a decision and because that's what the ceo has directed. It's a waste of time and business growth is slowing.

This organization is in complete disorganized chaos.

Advice to Management

Every company's most valuable asset is their people. Without them, the company ceases to grow and eventually exist. Currently there is a mass exodus of good associates happily refusing generous counter offers. That should be a cue to you there's a problem much deeper than what you see on the surface.

In this economy, and after downsizing, it is not wise to refuse to pay out bonuses and profit sharing and then give terrible merit raises to associates to exceeded goals.

Spring's motto is the best experience company. I can securely say that you are
    NO longer providing that to customers, suppliers or the company's associates.

To the new ownership group, you have the wrong leader to take this company to the next level. To the current chairman, I'm disappointed that this is the man you choose to lead Springs. I thought you were better than this.

Get out of our kush offices and learn how the company is actually operated, not just on PowerPoints. You have an opportunity to put this ship back on course, but pretty soon it will be too late.

To potential new employees, stay far away from this organization at least until you see there's been a change in management. This used to be a good company, hopefully it can return to that in the future.

"Springs was a good place to work."

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Field Sales Representative

I have been working at Springs Window Fashions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are good benefits and 401k.

Cons

Pay is low and new management leads by fear.

Advice to Management

If your going to increase work load and lead by fear you should increase pay. Not decrease it.

"No. Just No"

Current Employee - Sales in Middleton, WI
    Current Employee - Sales in Middleton, WI

I have been working at Springs Window Fashions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are no good things to say

Cons

The company has really taken a turn for the worse since the new CEO, Eric Jungbluth came into the company. He cares nothing for the employees (has even been heard saying that he does not value them and they can be replaced easily).

Advice to Management

Don't think they will listen, so not going to waste my time