Springs Window Fashions Reviews | Glassdoor

2.3
Eric Jungbluth

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management does not care about the people and who work their" (in 4 reviews)

• "In addition, they are owned by a private-equity firm and I would highly research what that means" (in 3 reviews)

"Happy employee"

I have been working at Springs Window Fashions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People, benefits, flexibility, pay, etc.

Cons

Not available at this time.

"TSM"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Springs Window Fashions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Manager Manager Manager Manager Bernie

Cons

Continue with very poor quality, pieces missing to install, absolute hysterical in competition. This company is driving to ground; continue to loose to other companies that will provide better products better pricing

Advice to Management

Well you are the ones that are driving company to death board members do you care about this company? It's an embarrassment

"Sales"

I worked at Springs Window Fashions full-time

Pros

Friendly, good products, excellent Customer Service Support

Cons

No direction and poor communication...upper management is not engaged with employees or dealers. Very tight with a dollar on everything!

"Best Experience Company? Not for employees."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middleton, WI

I have been working at Springs Window Fashions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good health insurance
    Steady employment
    Generous vacation policy

Cons

No opportunity for advancement
    No profit sharing
    Not loyal to employees

Advice to Management

You have many loyal employees that would and have gone the extra mile for you. Please show some loyalty yourself. You set unreasonable expectations and then let your loyal employees go when they can't meet them.

"Company at a crossroads"

I have been working at Springs Window Fashions full-time

Pros

Growing business with significant potential; bringing in new management with new ideas and ways of thinking;

Cons

New management is firing a lot of people making the atmosphere very uncertain and tense; multiple sales to private equity in 5 years; PE's have been sucking the money out for themselves, not sharing with the workers like they had been for the past 30+ years.

Advice to Management

Tred carefully, need a balanced approach to change; morale is very, very low and turnover is beginning to impact ability to progress on major growth and change initiatives.

"Money Only Goes So Far, Not a Good Place to Work"

I have been working at Springs Window Fashions full-time

Pros

Salary, Benefits, Occasional Bonus, Will Pay for Some Education or Professional Associations, Some Nice People , Summer Hours

Cons

Toxic Atmosphere, not many are happy here or planning to stay, favoritism, machiavellian managers. No real leaders or mentors, no training or development plans, dirty run down building with bad ventilation, out of date technology, butt-in-chair mentality.The culture they have is different than the one they say they have. I would never recommend this place to someone I cared about unless they were desperate.

Advice to Management

Begin by showing you care about your workers, the ones carrying the water and not the ones telling you what you want to hear. Create growth opportunities. You have a good capable workforce that is marginalized by your indifference. Soon you’ll be left with those that can’t work elsewhere.

"Listen. Your employees are begging! But you make $$$ either way."

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Springs Window Fashions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Solid brands. Limited competition. Stable business.

Cons

Private equity owned and run by middle aged white men. New VPs added recently (also white middle-aged men) and women directors (no female VPs) are in place because of who they know. Leadership has made millions and couldn’t care less about employees or their families. Check out their Mercedes (and the cars they don't bring into the office), second homes and million dollar properties while the corporate HQ building has asbestos and leaks when it rains and charges us for crap coffee. Come here only if you’ve been fired or have no job and need a placeholder. While leaders were few and far between here previous to new CEO, the middle management leaders were trying to make this a place where people wanted to be, despite the new regime/leadership. That being said, the best managers have left us as stated in previous reviews. People follow leaders, not $$$. We miss you and what you stood for. There is nothing left here at springs except executives that pocket the profits on the backs of their employees. Makes me sad after the years I have invested in making it a best experience company (delete that from your box btw as it no longer means anything except lip service).

Advice to Management

Go away. Old SLT you lost your spine. New SLT... it’s obvious you never had one. But that’s why you were brought here.

"Growing and changing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middleton, WI

I have been working at Springs Window Fashions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Changes are on the horizon. When I started at SWF it was as if I went back in time. Technologies were out of date, the marketing teams did not have the tools necessary to make informed consumer decision. Over the past year significant changes have been made to bring the company up-to-speed. To me, this shows a CEO who is invested in making positive changes through informed strategic decisions. The next couple years will be challenging, but I see a bright future ahead as well.

Cons

Not always friendly in the halls, but as new hires are coming in the attitude is starting to shift. Mid-management is overworked and could benefit from support positions. Teams are in need of alignment, we are often working towards a similar goal but lack the communication to execute in a timely manner.

Advice to Management

Show appreciation and gratitude when people go above and beyond. A "thank you" and "great job" go a long way and motivates employees to keep doing good work.

"Bright Future"

I have been working at Springs Window Fashions (More than a year)

Pros

We have new ownership and management that are willing to invest in the company and make some changes that Springs has been needing for many years. We now have the resources needed to meet the goals that we have worked to accomplish the past few years and have missed. Good people to work with, lots of opportunities to grow.

Cons

There is a lot of change and a lot to get done. You have to dig in to accomplish everything.

Advice to Management

There is a lot of change, make sure you are over-communicating to all levels of the organization.

"Changes needed"

I worked at Springs Window Fashions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, not generally micromanaged, low level group desires to do a good job. The pay is good, the benefits are good. People are generally good. There are plenty of positions available, as people are leaving as quickly as they can.

Cons

One on one communication is non-existent, you're lucky to get a smile and a "Hi" in the hallway from management. The mid-management teams are overworked and under appreciated. No career growth available for most, no help with next steps. If you need a job, and don't mind not growing or you hate change, then apply.

Advice to Management

Communicate, don't lead through fear. Fix work-life balance. Appreciate and use the experience that others bring to the table.