Sprinkles Cupcakes Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Candace Nelson and Charles Nelson

Pros
Cons
  • No major cons beside those of any customer service job - it can be exhausting to be on your feet all day and deal with certain customers (in 4 reviews)

• There was a high school clique popular chick controlling vibe with the managers (in 3 reviews)

1. "An okay place to work!"

Former Employee - Cupcake Associate in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Cupcake Associate in Nashville, TN

I worked at Sprinkles Cupcakes part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free cupcake a day, get to be around delicious baked goods, a happy environment.

Cons

Did not train well or really at all, management liked to sit and chat in the back room while the cupcake associates busted their butts to fill orders

Advice to Management

Actually have your new hires complete the online training, I only did two modules. Also, help your cupcake associates when the line gets to be out the door.

2. "fun, easy job."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprinkles Cupcakes (Less than a year)

Pros

decent hours, free cupcakes, good incentives prizes

Cons

possibility of long shifts, seems like their was favoritism when it came to scheduling

Advice to Management

less favoritism

3. "Shift Leader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sprinkles Cupcakes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work envoirment, good discount. Depending on what store you are at the people are the best part, thats all.

Cons

Horrible management. Understaffed. No support from anyone.

Advice to Management

Support your staff. Instead of focusing on when someone messes up, focus on giving praise to good work. I found that the only time I was noticed was when something was NOT done right, and all my other accomplishments were never noted.

5. "Best-place to work as a full-time college student"

Current Employee - Cupcake Associate in La Jolla, CA
    Current Employee - Cupcake Associate in La Jolla, CA

I have been working at Sprinkles Cupcakes part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Listens to internal suggestions
    Really works with students' schedules

Cons

Company does not value growth from within

Advice to Management

Thanks for being a great place to work and showing me the standard of communicative management.

6. "awesome"

Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

Pros

i only started because i needed a job, but i decided to stay for the people. coworkers are easy to get along with, have a lot in common and it gets us through the day. Some of the shift leads are over it so they kinda just sit in the office or have bad attitudes when the bosses are out but the Store manager always smiles and her Assistant is like an energizer bunny lol. other shift leads can be cool people, just depends who you work with that day. probably be here for a while, it's been fun.

Cons

seriously awful customers sometimes, stuck up and so rude. ive seen my managers get verbally abused and sprinkles tells them "never say no" that makes them punching bags sometimes.

Advice to Management

promote people who actually want to be there and who deserve it instead of people with bad attitudes who gossip and start drama. there are lots of people who want to move up so bad, demote the people who dont want to try any more and give someone else a shot!!!!

"Favorite part time job I've had in NYC"

Former Employee - Cupcake Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Cupcake Associate in New York, NY

Pros

Great people to work with. Really fair and understanding managers (like all retail/sales/retaurant jobs, they want you to work more shifts, but the managers were so understanding about school and NOT passive aggressive at all. I've had horrible experiences in other hospitality jobs, but Sprinkles managers are so professional). FREE CUPCAKES!! I never got sick of taking home leftover cupcakes after the donation bins were full.

Cons

Closing sometimes sucked, but i was never out later than 11pm. I was usually out by 9:30pm. Closing at other cafes/restaurants are so much worse. Sprinkles does a great job of making everything efficient.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Great job hiring managers who used to be cupcake associates. They really understand, and this is a great hiring model.

8. "Delicious cupcakes but passive aggressive management"

Former Employee - Cupcake Associate in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Cupcake Associate in Washington, DC

Pros

No longer working at Sprinkles but to this day, they are still some of the best cupcakes I have ever had. Getting free cupcakes at the end of a shift or on lunch break was the ultimate pro. Also, the hourly wage was decent.

Cons

The managers were passive aggressive and tended to reward the same employees. I also felt like they tend to hire a "type" and trying to constantly perform to live up to their personality standards was exhausting.

Advice to Management

You can keep the atmosphere fun and professional without getting passive aggressive. Otherwise, I thought the training of staff and on-the-job incentives were good.

"Terrible"

Former Employee - Sprinkles Cupcakes Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Sprinkles Cupcakes Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Sprinkles Cupcakes part-time

Pros

I have no pros. This job was terrible!

Cons

Scheduling was a nightmare! Opening shifts and closing shifts on random days you never get a chance to adjust. The customers are awful and super rude. The managers cannot manage! Don't think about taking a sick day because they will write you up for it even if you have a doctor's note. They will work you to death. Employees who never work are easily granted vacation time for no reason to vacation.

Advice to Management

Stop over working your employees and hire more on staff. GO BACK TO MANAGEMENT SCHOOL. Everyone is unintelligent and hard to work with.

10. "Associate"

Former Employee - Cupcake Associate in Beverly Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Cupcake Associate in Beverly Hills, CA

I worked at Sprinkles Cupcakes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free cupcake during shift (+graveyards), bakers, other associates and most shift supervisors were nice and easy to work with, and the regulars were always great to see.

Cons

Corporate, gotta pay for parking, long hours, overworked, General & Assistant Managers were not helpful throughout shifts and did not carry their weight..associates and shift supervisors did more work than them.

Advice to Management

Get out of the office, do your job and actually help and support your staff.

11. "Sprinkles Cupcakes"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Winfield, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Winfield, IL

I worked at Sprinkles Cupcakes (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment was awesome! I really enjoyed the people I worked with. It was all about satisfying the customers and serving amazingly delicious cupcakes.

Cons

There weren't raises and promotions didn't happen often.

Advice to Management

Make promotions more often.