Sprout Social Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sprout Social Co-Founder and CEO Justyn Howard
Justyn Howard

Pros
  • The culture and work-life balance are better than anywhere else I've worked (in 11 reviews)

• I have been at Sprout Social for a while now and I have grown more and more proud of this team (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons that impact day to day work responsibilities (in 7 reviews)

• During my time here, anything that could be considered a con has gone away - longer parental leave, extensive manager training, 401k match now exists (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sprout is a place that helps you thrive and advance your career goals!"

Pros

There are many reasons why Sprout Social is an amazing place to work. Some of the pros include sensible managers that really care about you and your goals, and help you grow and advance your career. The company culture is inclusive, open and friendly. I have honestly not seen this many talented and hardworking people together prior to working here. Both individual and team initiatives are highlighted and praised often, communication is very transparent and you feel like your voice is heard.
    On top of this amazing atmosphere, our office space is conveniently located downtown Chicago, walking distance to various CTA lines (Blue, Red, Brown) and buses. Not convinced of how awesome we are yet? Let's talk about the amazing benefits package, including vision, dental, health, and others. As if that wasn't enough, we also get lunch delivered to the office daily. Speaking of food, we are kept well-fed and happy here! Snacks, coffee, tea, cold brew, you name it - we probably have it!
    All Hands happen every month, and these meetings are a great opportunity for us to learn more about what other teams are working on across the organization. Our CEO, Justyn Howard, is very approachable and always ends All Hands meetings by answering questions. And let us not forget, All Hands are always followed by fun Happy Hours that include more food and drinks, music, mingling and good times!
    I could honestly not praise Sprout enough for building such a great legacy and culture in such a short period of time. All I can say is that I am truly proud and happy to come to work every day.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up with your amazing work!

Nov 30, 2016 – Director of Talent

There isn’t a lot for us to say here other than thank you! We work hard to make sure that everyone at Sprout looks forward to coming into work and feels appreciated as part of our team, and we are ... More

"Hands Down - Best Company in Chicago"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been at Sprout Social for a while now and I have grown more and more proud of this team. Here are a few reasons:

1. Despite growth in company size, Sprout has always looked out for its employees - great benefits and events, solid career growth opportunities, incredible coworkers. You are treated as an adult and trusted to do your work.

2. Management - I can't say enough good things about the managers, directors, VPs, and C-level folks. They understand the importance of transparency in an organization and will keep their teams updated on road map items and any upcoming changes. They are approachable and care about you as an employee.

3. You have a voice here - your personality, skill set, and opinions are celebrated at Sprout. The team is encouraged to speak up.

4. The product - Sprout Social is a product that is making a difference in how a business and their customers communicate. Feels good to know that we are building, marketing, and selling a tool that is HELPING people.

5. The people - I have the good fortune of working with such smart and GOOD people that I genuinely enjoy. We get to know each other (and each other's families) very well. We are given the opportunity learn from one another.

6. The office - we have just moved in to a beautiful new space that is built to support collaboration. Plus, it's filled with personality.

Cons

-No major cons! During my time here, anything that could be considered a con has gone away - longer parental leave, extensive manager training, 401k match now exists.

Advice to Management

As the company gets larger, continue to be transparent with the team and let them know how they can grow in their individual positions.

Feb 10, 2017 – Director of Talent

Thank YOU for being a part of Team Sprout's growth over the past few years! Your contributions and feedback play a huge role in our development as a team, product and company. We're looking forward ... More

3. "Sales Director"

Current Employee - Sales Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The entire Social Media industry is exploding so the opportunity is at astounding levels
    The designers and engineers are top notch talent and have built a beautiful platform that solves real problems
    The office space is inspiring
    The leadership is brilliant and inspiring
    Not to mention - crazy health benefits, flexible vacation policy, financial planning assistance, 401K match, free food every day, endless events for fun and professional development

Cons

This one is a stretch but all I can say is we need more people to help us grow and Leadership is on that. We're hiring furiously.

Advice to Management

Keep on Keeping on. Bring in more brilliant talent in every area

5. "The place to be in Chicago Tech"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sprout Social full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely talented and humble team
    A++ culture -- everyone here cares deeply about each other and about the company
    Competitive compensation
    Incredible new office; probably the best-designed tech office in Chicago. Hat's off to Sprout's design team for doing an incredible job.

Cons

Not much to speak of -- I left to relocate, and I didn't trust myself to work remote full-time

Equity compensation at a private company with no clear exit plan is tricky.

Advice to Management

Y'all are the absolute tops.
    Keep on keepin' on; you've got incredible people and a great product.

6. "Invested in Individuals and Inclusion"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sprout Social makes an effort to invest in their employees as well-rounded individuals.
    Competitive benefits.
    Fun-loving culture.
    Thought leadership.
    Frontrunner/leader in our sector.
    Invested in improving diversity and inclusiveness.
    Ambitious company goals.
    Well-organized company infrastructure/operations.
    Gives back to their community.
    Encourages great collaboration.

Cons

Growing faster than our space can manage - though we just moved into a new office, so that feeling should subside!

Advice to Management

You really have something special here at Sprout. I am incredibly hopeful that our values and culture will continue to be front and center as the company continues to grow and flourish! The talent and tenacity of our individuals combined with our safe and collaborative company atmosphere truly sets us apart.

"Happiest employees in Chicago Tech! LOVE IT!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

It really is as great as everyone says. This company invests so much in making its employees happy. Unlimited PTO, free lunch and breakfast every day, amazing and caring employees, super fun events (holiday party is LIT). People are just happy here and it's so refreshing. The company is an awesome position for growth and it's a super exciting time to be here..

Cons

I think I'm getting fat from all the delicious snacks we have access to, but I think that's my problem.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! This place is amazing and I'm super excited to see where the company goes!

8. "Engineer at Sprout Social"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company, great culture, fantastic coworkers, great benefits, 401k match and parental leave. There's so much to be thankful for.

Cons

It seems like something related to HR Portals or benefits systems changes once every quarter which is a little annoying when I can't remember what site to log into. This complaint is mostly here because Glassdoor has a 20 word minimum on cons, though.

Advice to Management

Continue to motivate employees, and add value to the product and customers. Continue to allow employees to foster culture

Nov 30, 2016 – Director of Talent

“There’s so much to be thankful for”—couldn’t have said it better. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We’ll be doing a better job in 2017 to train, reinforce and provide insight into our ... More

"Great company and leadership"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance, lots of perks and great benefits. Awesome PTO policy and very flexible. Leadership team is easy to connect with and very transparent. I love this company.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunities to grow within a team, currently a push to hire outside managers which has limited current employees options for growth. Limited career path on certain teams.

Advice to Management

Hire within, at least give people the chance to apply and advance.

"Cool kids only"

Pros

Good pay, opportunities for growth, and a laid-back office culture make Sprout a solid company in Chicago, lots of smart people here.

Cons

Popularity & cliques rule the school. For example, there was recently a "secret" invitation-only Friday night social event - a gathering to shoot a yearly kickoff video - that was exclusively extended to a select few. Only "fun" employees were invited to attend by the Sprout social committee.

For a company that talks about inclusion & diversity, this clique-ish, bullying behavior only fosters an elitist and exclusionary culture.

Jan 10, 2017 – Director of Talent

Thanks for sharing. We strive for a culture of inclusivity and your feedback will help us get there. If you’d like to discuss further, my door is always open.

11. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Work hard/play hard culture
    -Awesome products that keep improving
    -Great colleagues

Cons

-none really, just maybe some more transparency with colleagues leaving the company or changing jobs

Advice to Management

-even as Sprout grows stay true to the culture and company values