Sprout Social Reviews

Updated May 22, 2020

4.9
Pros
Cons
  • "There are growing pains, which is to be expected for a company at this stage(in 14 reviews)

• "The 401K match is slightly meager, but not terrible (and better than companies that don't offer one at all)(in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A Truly Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at Sprout Social for a few months now and I have never been happier professionally. First and foremost, Sprout understands that to have a truly successful business, having happy employees is key. Yes, Sprout offers great benefits which is great and appreciated, but beyond that, Sprout has a lot of structures in place to ensure that its employees feel valued and fulfilled in their day-to-day work life. When a company shows that it cares for its employees, the employees are more motivated to do a great job and know that they are part of something great, and Sprout very much embodies this idea. For new employees, there are numerous check-ins to make sure that new hires are onboarded successfully; there is a whole new hire training program to make sure employees know the product well and get a thorough introduction to the culture of the company. Sprout has a People team, and one of their jobs is to make sure that employees have the resources they need to do their job and to do it well. Every Sprout employee is tasked with responsibilities and then provided the resources to complete that job, which sounds simple and like common sense but is not a reality at all companies, and Sprout makes that a priority. Sprout cares about everyone having the resources they need to work well together, and it is an awesome feeling to work for a company that cares not just about getting things done, but about getting things done well. Culturally, Sprout understands the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion and has events and groups that work towards educating and promoting both of these topics. The office itself in Chicago is designed thoughtfully with comfortable areas where employees can go when they need a break from their desk and ways to decompress with other coworkers, like a game room. I feel extremely fortunate to enjoy going to work every day and knowing that I am making an impact and growing professionally and helping the company be the best that it can be.

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

Sprout Social2019-06-21

Sprout Social Response

January 7, 2020Chief People Officer

Welcome to the team and thank you for sharing what your experience has been so far! Our people are at the center of everything we do and it’s important to us that new hires are equipped with the resources they need to be successful in their roles. I’m happy to hear that you feel supported here and that the environment we’ve created is one where you can see yourself growing professionally. -Maureen

2. "Keeps getting better"

Current Employee - Senior Solution Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-People: I love everyone who works at Sprout and we are obsessed with cheering each other on and moving together towards one goal. Everyone genuinely wants to help one another. -Management/Executive leadership: Transparency and accessibility is what comes to mind. As an individual contributor I feel that I have access to leadership when needed but also feel fully in tune with what is needed information. In regards to career progression there are clear and ever-evolving ways to help you grow and achieve the goals you have in place. - Product: I echo our customers praise on Sprout as a product. I feel so lucky to work for a product that is beautiful, intuitive and literally the best in the business. -Culture: Even with our growth and transition to new/temporary WFH status with the pandemic, we are stronger than ever as a company and have taken this time to apperciate each other on new levels and support one another during this cray time.

Cons

I have no cons to report.

Sprout Social2020-05-21

"1 Year Anniversary"

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing team and company! So many great company outings and benefits. First place I've ever worked that I feel like I'm working with family and not just people. Ideas and initiatives are encouraged and celebrated and people are recognized for their accomplishments here. Never worked with a group of more genuine humans!

Cons

There are no annual salary increases within role, in order to earn a raise you must be promoted to a new role or position. (only applicable in Success org)

Sprout Social2020-05-18

"Couldn't be luckier"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time for less than a year

Pros

From day one of the interview process to now (8 months later) I could not feel more grateful to work at this company. Sprout is the golden standard. Management sticks to open and authentic communication and your opinion is valued from day one. Being in a junior role on the sales side, I have never felt devalued and have always felt heard and appreciated. You are equipped with a new mac laptop and all the tools necessary to complete your job. Hitting your quota is challenging but fair and doable if you put in the work. You have access to outreach, zoom, salesforce, Vidyard and more to help you get there. The culture is everything. Every person at this company has a great heart and is so hard working. It is great to work alongside smart people that I am able to learn from every day but that I also enjoy being around. The culture goes past the work space and includes going out to eat after work, joining volleyball/softball leagues together or hanging out on the weekends. Now the benefits.. FOOD. The kitchen is stacked with non-alcoholic beverages, beers, and every snack you could think of. Beer and Kombucha are on tap, too. Past that, you are able to order your lunch from local restaurants every day off of an app. You won't go thirsty or hungry and will save a ton of $$ on groceries. Past the amazing food choices you have unlimited PTO (and they mean it), great health insurance, online counselors, free gym/classes in the building, 401K, transportation, and parental leave and more.

Cons

Truly can't think of anything.

Sprout Social2020-04-21

"A company that actually cares"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been at Sprout for 2 years now and continue to be impressed everyday. Our leadership cares and practice what they preach; this starts with Justyn and trickles down to everyone else. The culture is truly special. It's not just a bunch of words or values written on walls. It's allowing each of us to be our true selves and bring our best selves into work everyday. That is what makes the culture special. And again we practice what we preach. The values we have are the behaviors we exhibit every day. I love the people I work with and the challenges we get to solve. The challenges are hard, no doubt there, and not every conversation is easy. But we do it collectively, respectfully of each other, and with our customer's needs in mind. That makes it a very special place to work. I truly look forward to Monday's and going into the office!

Cons

Sprout is fast paced and we are growing quickly. With that comes a lot of change and change management. Luckily we have strong leadership to guide us through it all. Not a "con" per say, but important to keep in mind if this isn't the ideal working environment for you.

Sprout Social2020-04-22
  6. "Best job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Customer Marketing in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Work-life balance (seriously.) - Free lunch every.single.day. - Career opportunities - Recognition for work - Work that matters - tied to business goals

Cons

- Change happens quickly and often.

Sprout Social2020-04-21
  7. "Leadership is a Joke"

1.0
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Sprout Social full-time

Pros

- They have free lunch - People are nice

Cons

- CEO once said "he wished the company was smaller" - Leadership doesn't listen to employee grevences - After Sprout aquired Simply, things went down hill.

Sprout Social2020-05-22

Sprout Social Response

May 26, 2020Chief People Officer

Feedback from our team members (past and present) is extremely important to us culturally and in terms of how we make business decisions. This sounds like a discouraging experience, and not one we’d want for any of our employees. We appreciate you sharing and will pass this on to our department leaders. -Maureen

8. "great first sales roles"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sprout Social full-time

Pros

great pay, amazing training, the opportunity for growth

Cons

intense group culture but they really care

Sprout Social2020-04-10
  9. "A company that truly cares"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time

Pros

"Care Deeply" is one of Sprout's values and the phrase truly encapsulates the company, culture and team. We've gone through a ton of change over the years - by nature of being a fast-growing company rooted in social media - but the things that make the company great have never wavered. The company's commitment to its employees is clear. There are the tangible things: a generous parental leave, free lunches/snacks, fun events, high quality tech etc. But what makes Sprout special are the things that can't be captured in a bulleted list or stock photos. People are treated with respect, feedback is acted upon and the impact on employees is considered in every decision Sprout makes. While Sprout isn't perfect, working here feels like a collaborative, fun and human experience. I'm proud and energized to work at Sprout.

Cons

The team is very thoughtful and that can sometimes lead to over-thinking or over-complicating process or initiatives.

Sprout Social2020-04-08
  10. "There is no such thing as a perfect company, but Sprout comes awfully close!"

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sprout cares about its employees, and it shows. I am able to be my true self here, and people care about one another. Our leadership team is open and transparent and Sprout is a company that lives and breathes it’s core values. There is a strong emphasis placed on balancing life with work, even in the midst of a global pandemic when there are so many things for companies to worry about - our leadership team wants to ensure everyone is taking care of themselves and families first. The best thing about Sprout will always be the people who make this place so special!

Cons

As I said, there’s no such thing as a perfect company but Sprout comes awfully close. That said, being in a 100% customer-facing role I have my rough days, but I never feel like I’m alone or can’t ask someone for advice/help.

Sprout Social2020-04-06