Sprout Social Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 10, 2017

Full-timePart-time

4.9

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work-life balance is one of the best I have seen in the business (in 16 reviews)

• Sprout Social is an incredibly engaged and collaborative environment (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons that I can think of so far (in 11 reviews)

• Traditional benefits (401k match, insurance premiums, etc (in 8 reviews)

1. "Happiest Place to Work"

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, leadership, office, perks, support, app, work life balance, everything!

Cons

Perhaps more established career paths but opportunities totally exist if you pursue them!

Advice to Management

Keep treating your employees right and we are going to go far!

2. "The best place I've ever worked."

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can get ahead. You're going to have to work your tail off, but you can advance your career.

Management is absolutely capable, thoughtful, and intelligent in their decision making. Changes are not made just for change's sake.

The teamwork here is otherworldly.

Managers are willing to talk things through.

You're expected to of course do your job, but you're also given autonomy and reign to work on other projects to build skills, relationships, and career bridges to other teams.

The transparency from management is like nothing I've ever seen. They say they'll be transparent, but you can actually see the decisions being made and the why behind it.

This is a plus/minus as addressed below, but Sprout is cautious. They will not play with your life and let you dangle on a project or team that isn't working. They'll work tirelessly to help make the project work or help you move to the next thing internally.

I really could go on and on, but Sprout is a place for you to grow yourself personally while also carving out a career path that works for you.

Cons

There are politics hidden within the fabric of the organization. They say it's not there, but you have to play the game (which is true anywhere).

Things move slllllllllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. If you're trying to run through your career progression, try your hand at a smaller company. Sprout has things figured out and will take their time before just running forward. It's a good thing because they're going to help you make the right moves at the right times with the right data, but you're going to have to wait. Patience is more than a virtue.

Advice to Management

You've addressed these openly already, but continue to stretch and show people why others were promoted.

Continue to remain open about your decision making and the "why" behind it.

There are some really great ideas that are harder to quantify with numbers at the outset. Have faith in your employees to drive these hard projects forward, even if it's with the typical Sprout caution.

3. "Nailed it"

Current Employee - Sales Enablement Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Enablement Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture, hiring processes, opportunity to make and influence change, executive leadership, working with smart people, compensation, growth mindset, CEO

Cons

Growing pains - we are still working through processes and procedures. Nothing we can't solve, it just takes time.

Advice to Management

Continue to use frontline managers to reinforce culture. Talent shouldn't take the whole load!

4. "Amazing Community"

Current Employee - Developer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible, supportive culture
    Extremely transparent management style
    HQ office provides everything you need, so you can focus on your work

Cons

Traditional benefits (401k match, insurance premiums, etc...) are decent for a startup, but lackluster. That said, the intangibles (lunch stipends, free snacks/drinks, events) and modern benefits (paid parental leave, PTO, etc...) more than make up for it.

Advice to Management

Make sure the culture doesn't change as the business continues to scale rapidly.

5. "Amazing culture! Working towards one goal!"

Current Employee - Sales Operations in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Operations in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Wonderful company culture. I love coming to work
    - I laugh every day
    - We are building a customer centric product and are really focused on making sure that we deliver what we promise
    - A great place to make a big impact
    - Amazing leaders who really care about their employees, as well as having a clear path as to where the company is going

Cons

Honestly can't say that I have any

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent and open. It's amazing that we've been able to keep the culture with how quickly we've grown. Nice work!

6. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You cannot beat the people, the culture, or the work/life balance Sprout Social gives you! I have never worked with a more hard working, talented group of people! I look forward to coming to work every morning. It all starts with the leaders at the top who have been a consistent group from the very beginning.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work , and Thank YOU!

7. "Finance Team"

Current Employee - Finance in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Finance in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sprout Social has an incredible team spirit that actually makes you want to come to work everyday and do your best job. You want to live up to the expectations of your fellow co-workers, and they in turn want to live up to your expectations of them. It's pretty special and a ton of fun. The training is superb, environment energizing, and the benefits and perks reign supreme! Lots of growth opportunity, too, especially with their new "Grow at Sprout" program. Employees are so diverse (awesome DEI initiatives happening) and multi-faceted, personally and professionally. It's a pleasure getting to know everybody, and it takes time with over 400 employees!

Cons

I truly can not define any cons. The office gets a little loud at times but that's the worst thing I can come up with. And there's maybe too much food sometimes. (Is that a con??)

Advice to Management

Keep the Friday Happy Hours coming. It is an incredible all-team-bonding experience every month.

8. "Awesome people. Awesome opportunities."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sprout Social has an amazing culture that promotes inclusiveness, opportunities, challenging experiences and a ton of fabulous perks. I've been at Sprout for a little over 6 months and have already experienced a ton of professional growth. The immediate group of people I work with are all incredibly smart and motivated, but beyond that every person that I've come in contact with is always looking to support in finding the right solution and pitching in. It has been an incredible experience so far to contribute to the work at Sprout Social!

Cons

I don't have any cons!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing :-)

9. "6 Months In And Loving It!"

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time

Pros

During my interview process, I read a lot about how amazing Sprout Social's culture is. All companies claim to have great cultures, but Sprout is the first I have worked for that backed it up. Truly an amazing experience thus far. It is very rewarding coming in everyday to work for a leadership team that cares about employee development and creating a winning corporate environment that scales with such rapid company growth.

Cons

I can honestly say nothing comes to mind.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you are doing. Continuing to scale will be a test, but thus far you have passed with flying colors!

10. "A great company with a great culture!"

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time

Pros

Sprout has the best culture, benefits and people I've ever seen in a company.

Cons

I truly can't think of any cons.