Sprout Social Reviews

Join the conversation on

Tech

206.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Sprout Social~701678
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sprout Social and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best work environment ever!

May 16, 2022 - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best work environment ever. I love everyone I work with!

Cons

There aren't any cons. Truly a great place to work

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

10/10

May 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The most fun, energetic, smart, talented co workers I've ever been around.

Cons

No cons, best job ever.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee

Leadership doesn't take feedback

May 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture around the teams is great and teammates are wonderful inspiring people.

Cons

Leadership does not take the internal review process seriously and ignores feedback about leaders who stifle productivity, inspiration, and collaboration.

4 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Org & Great Pay

Apr 25, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are generous with PTO, benefits, and the culture is second to none. As an individual contributor, you're given freedom to work independently. However, you always have resources available at your fingertips.

Cons

I love it here at Sprout. I don't have any complaints.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great benefits

May 6, 2022 - BDR in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Stock options, good healthcare benefits

Cons

Unlimited PTO isn't what it's cracked to be. Taking time off hurts your ability to obtain quota.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best company in the world

Apr 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership is exceptional and couldn't be happier in day to day work

Cons

Literally nothing I can think of

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Lack of transparency and communication within Support

Apr 18, 2022 - Support
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great in office benefits - Fun peers

Cons

- Minimal contact with your manager and the leadership team. - Lack of insight on the projects or goals the leadership team has set for themselves.

4 people found this review helpful

Sprout Social Response

SVP Operations

Thank you for providing this feedback. The experience you share does not align with our expectations of leadership and is unfortunate to hear. It is true that we had less frequent team-wide meetings on Customer Support in the second half of 2021 due to resource and capacity limitations. We’re continuing to adjust to find the right balance of meetings for the varying needs across our teams, and have since resumed many of our live, recurring meetings. We recognize there is always room to improve and appreciate your perspective, and I have shared this review with the broader team. -Rachael

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best career move I've made in a while

Apr 1, 2022 - Director in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I interviewed at Sprout, I was coming from another company that was considered a "Glassdoor Best Place to Work" and didn't take much credence on Sprout being selected for it. I was wrong though - Sprout is the REAL deal. Phenomenal culture, thoughtful colleagues, a fast-paced environment, and a management team that's highly supportive. The two big reasons I stay both relate to people - I trust the leadership here, and I trust the team I get to work with every day.

Cons

* We're a fast-growing company and there are pains around building support functions fast enough that support a company our size * Ditto for process - you have to be comfortable with ambiguity and constant change to like working here

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great culture, stress-free

Mar 19, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

This has to be the least toxic company I have worked for in the decades I've been a software engineer. No company politics, "disagreeable" people are weeded out fairly easily, etc. Everybody wants to work together to solve hard problems. Middle management has a fairly light touch, they have taken the servant leadership style path and teams are fairly autonomous on how they want to organize work, meetings, etc. I've worked at a lot of companies when sitting in meetings, I was fairly convinced I was the smartest person in the room. Not so at Sprout, there are a lot of smart, capable people. It is a breath of fresh air from companies that basically hire warm bodies to fill a rec with the hope that they'll be net positive contributors.

Cons

The biggest thing is no cost of living raises, no merit raises. The only way to get a raise is moving in the career bands. This is fairly easy when you are more junior, not so much when you are later in your career. So you could go years without a raise even with glowing reviews and constant praise about how good of a job you are doing. There was a "market adjustment" last year that occurred but that seemed more reactionary rather than proactive due to the Great Resignation and the inability to recruit candidates. Along these lines, there is a little bit of a disconnect between Sprout's "Best Employer" marketing and image and the fact that this is still a public company that is going to figure out a way to get the most out of their employees by spending a little as they have to. Or, as HR likes to put it "the needs of the business". It's okay to give 4 months of paid maternity and paternity leave but taking more than 2 weeks off for bereavement, military service, etc. you won't be paid AND you'll lose your health insurance because that was decided that that was best for the business. The new ESPP they rolled out is a another example: under the guise of "fostering employee ownership", they're restricting you from selling the shares for two years. The real reason is they're protecting leadership and the major shareholders from dilution. Over the last couple of years, there has been a distinct lack of candor in internal communications. They took away the 4 year anniversary Hawaii trip under the guise of "evolving our company traditions". In reality, they just didn't want to pay for it anymore. All-hands meetings used to be more townhall style where questions could be asked. Now, questions have to be submitted in advance and probably won't be answered anyway if they don't fit the narrative they're trying to communicate. Everything is scripted to the point of being inauthentic. The only authentic moment that happened in the last annual meeting is somebody actually asked of our president "What would you have done differently?" and he actually admitted to mistakes. Sprout's leadership doesn't seem to do that anymore and it's disappointing. We used to get weekly or monthly emails from leadership about their thoughts on what is going on with the company. We don't get that anymore.

6 people found this review helpful

Sprout Social Response

Chief People Officer

I agree that we’re fortunate to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry and that being trusted (and encouraged) to work autonomously is really a breath of fresh air. The past couple years have brought a lot of growth and change at Sprout, from becoming public to going hybrid, which means we’ve had to evolve certain policies and beloved traditions. That change also brings new benefits, flexibility, development opportunities and traditions that can scale alongside our growing team, like our new annual equity program. Hearing your feedback on our executive communications is really helpful as it gives us a gut check on what may need adjustments. As you know, we believe in giving and receiving feedback in all directions. Thank you for your candor and for taking the time to leave this review.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lack of quality leadership, little opportunity for growth

Apr 21, 2022 - User Experience Designer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO, free snacks when the office was open

Cons

Design leadership literally doesn't know what's it's doing. No opportunity for growth and lots of toxicity among the women running the design org. Would not recommend.

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 373 Reviews

Sprout Social Reviews FAQs

Sprout Social has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 382 reviews left anonymously by employees. 93% of employees would recommend working at Sprout Social to a friend and 94% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Sprout Social employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Sprout Social. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

93% of Sprout Social employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sprout Social 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Sprout Social to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be compensation .

Popular Careers with Sprout Social Job Seekers