Sprout Social Reviews | Glassdoor

Sprout Social Reviews

Updated December 6, 2018

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Sprout is very flexible for your work/life balance, as well" (in 19 reviews)

• "Sprout Social is very forward thinking and I feel at home here" (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons that I can think of so far" (in 8 reviews)

• "Traditional benefits (401k match, insurance premiums, etc" (in 8 reviews)

"Still Amazing"

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* People respect one another
    * We work together to solve complex problems
    * The atmosphere is fast paced, intelligent, fun, and happy
    * The management is transparent, and listens to feedback

Cons

* The office space can get loud (but there are lots of places to go and work)

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Strong sense of values."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong values, one of Sprouts core values is "open communication creates progress" something I very much identify with and appreciate seeing is core to Sprout's mission. With any company not everything is going to be perfect, but having a strong sense values really shows how Sprout has a clear vision of the company they aspire to be and it shows through their actions.

Work / life balance, in my experience, it doesn't get any better than at Sprout, I can work from home, take time off when I need to, and call in sick without any fear of judgement.

The company is open to change and continues to improve. I think this part is very important, even as the company grows, you can see continued re-evaluation of the company and its processes, accompanied by tweaks and improvements.

Cons

A lot of challenges with the increase in size of the company, but I like seeing all the changes that have been made to accommodate the recent growth.

Advice to Management

Keep challenging yourself, seeking feedback, and looking for ways to improve!

3. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the first place I've worked where I've felt that the best practices of how to run a tech company are fully embraced at all levels of the organization. The squad model of organizing teams enables the cross-functional teams to fully own their section of the product and determine how they will execute on their projects. They have monthly all hands to give company wide updates and allow employees to ask the CEO questions about the state of the business. I love that this company considers itself a business first and actually cares about its employees.

Cons

I can't think of any cons. I really enjoy working here.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the company focused on being a product-oriented company. and embracing transparency.

"Sales Development Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Development in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Development in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are always a lot of leads so your opportunity to hit quota is always high. Unlimited PTO is a bonus, free lunch, and a nice office is great too.
    The Enablement team is great and truly cares about your success at the company.

Cons

Leadership on the sales Development team should be evaluated. The team is ever changing which is fine but it usually changes to help management look better. They only care about their numbers. There’s bullying and picked favorites by one particular manager, who is also sneaky and is not transparent with leadership. More people will continue to leave this team if things do not change with management.
    Sprout is turning into the next Groupon. Hiring top many people at once and numbers are the only thing that matters. They also listen to our calls and provide real time fees back while still one the phone, it’s very distracting and unprofessional.
    There’s not a clear roadmap to promotion regardless of what they told you. They hire a lot of outside employees rather than from the inside, it’s really frustrating.

Advice to Management

We understand our numbers are how you measure our success but for the people who may not be performing up to par try to understand their challenges, come up with a game plan, don’t just send bullying emails and warnings.
    Take another survey of the sales dev teams happiness, motivation and perspective on management.

Jan 16, 2018 – Chief People Officer

The experiences shared in your review are not something we take lightly. We are committed to ensuring Sprout is a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace for everyone. To help us better understand... More

"Don't judge a book by its cover."

I worked at Sprout Social full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent Platform, Unlimited PTO, Snacks/Food, New Office

Cons

Limited career progression with a political undertow
    Micromanagement
    Hypersensitive culture
    Cliquey

Advice to Management

Be transparent, realistic, and don't make promises you can't keep.

Jan 9, 2018 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We put tremendous effort into fostering an inclusive environment and ensuring every team member has the opportunity to be successful. We’re continuing to find new... More

"Happiest Place to Work"

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, leadership, office, perks, support, app, work life balance, everything!

Cons

Perhaps more established career paths but opportunities totally exist if you pursue them!

Advice to Management

Keep treating your employees right and we are going to go far!

"The best place I've ever worked."

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can get ahead. You're going to have to work your tail off, but you can advance your career.

Management is absolutely capable, thoughtful, and intelligent in their decision making. Changes are not made just for change's sake.

The teamwork here is otherworldly.

Managers are willing to talk things through.

You're expected to of course do your job, but you're also given autonomy and reign to work on other projects to build skills, relationships, and career bridges to other teams.

The transparency from management is like nothing I've ever seen. They say they'll be transparent, but you can actually see the decisions being made and the why behind it.

This is a plus/minus as addressed below, but Sprout is cautious. They will not play with your life and let you dangle on a project or team that isn't working. They'll work tirelessly to help make the project work or help you move to the next thing internally.

I really could go on and on, but Sprout is a place for you to grow yourself personally while also carving out a career path that works for you.

Cons

There are politics hidden within the fabric of the organization. They say it's not there, but you have to play the game (which is true anywhere).

Things move slllllllllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. If you're trying to run through your career progression, try your hand at a smaller company. Sprout has things figured out and will take their time before just running forward. It's a good thing because they're going to help you make the right moves at the right times with the right data, but you're going to have to wait. Patience is more than a virtue.

Advice to Management

You've addressed these openly already, but continue to stretch and show people why others were promoted.

Continue to remain open about your decision making and the "why" behind it.

There are some really great ideas that are harder to quantify with numbers at the outset. Have faith in your employees to drive these hard projects forward, even if it's with the typical Sprout caution.

Dec 4, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for your sharing your experiences at Sprout. We firmly believe that providing transparency into how and why we make decisions is essential to ensuring a rewarding and meaningful employee... More

8. "Nailed it"

Current Employee - Sales Enablement Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Enablement Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture, hiring processes, opportunity to make and influence change, executive leadership, working with smart people, compensation, growth mindset, CEO

Cons

Growing pains - we are still working through processes and procedures. Nothing we can't solve, it just takes time.

Advice to Management

Continue to use frontline managers to reinforce culture. Talent shouldn't take the whole load!

Dec 4, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for choosing to bring your talents to Sprout and adding to our company culture. We saw lots of growth this past year and know the dust is still settling, but we will continue to focus on... More

9. "Amazing Community"

Current Employee - Developer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible, supportive culture
    Extremely transparent management style
    HQ office provides everything you need, so you can focus on your work

Cons

Traditional benefits (401k match, insurance premiums, etc...) are decent for a startup, but lackluster. That said, the intangibles (lunch stipends, free snacks/drinks, events) and modern benefits (paid parental leave, PTO, etc...) more than make up for it.

Advice to Management

Make sure the culture doesn't change as the business continues to scale rapidly.

10. "Amazing culture! Working towards one goal!"

Current Employee - Sales Operations in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Operations in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Wonderful company culture. I love coming to work
    - I laugh every day
    - We are building a customer centric product and are really focused on making sure that we deliver what we promise
    - A great place to make a big impact
    - Amazing leaders who really care about their employees, as well as having a clear path as to where the company is going

Cons

Honestly can't say that I have any

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent and open. It's amazing that we've been able to keep the culture with how quickly we've grown. Nice work!

Dec 4, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Wow, such great feedback to hear. One of my favorite parts about working at Sprout is the passion for creating an outstanding product. I truly believe this drives us to be better, and I want to thank... More