Sprout Social Reviews | Glassdoor

Sprout Social Reviews

Updated February 19, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Sprout is very flexible for your work/life balance, as well (in 19 reviews)

• Sprout Social is an incredibly engaged and collaborative environment (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons that I can think of so far (in 8 reviews)

• Traditional benefits (401k match, insurance premiums, etc (in 8 reviews)

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sprout Social is an incredibly engaged and collaborative environment. Associates are committed to a collective goal and continuously exploring creative ways to achieve our objectives....Senior Leadership deserves a lot of credit for making Sprout a great place to work. They go to great lengths to share their appreciation for our efforts.

Cons

No glaring frustrations to mention

"All-star Team and Company"

Current Employee - Marketing in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time

Pros

Honestly too many to list, but a few of my favorites:
    - Genuinely kind and extremely smart colleagues
    - Involved and transparent leadership
    - Focus on helping you grow your career in areas that are of interest to you
    - A+++ benefits - unlimited PTO, endless food/free lunch, 401k match, sweet new office space
    - Great work-life balance

Cons

No cons that I can think of so far

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - putting your people first clearly pays off

3. "Marketing team"

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work! Fun people, nice culture, state-of-the-art offices in downtown Chicago. Management is very open and communicative about strategy and news about the company.

Cons

There are really no Cons that I can think of

"Fast-paced environment full of all stars"

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Sprout has changed a lot even in the past year and a half. As a company, we're experiencing a ton of growth, but it's not coming at the cost of slowed productivity or general confusion among Sprout employees. There's an open culture of collaboration and well-being - it sounds cliche but every employee at Sprout is valued and I think the company does a great job of demonstrating this (not just talking about it twice a year.) Additionally, there continues to be paths for career development. If you take your work seriously and perform at a high level, you will be recognized.

Plus, the fancy new office, free lunch choices, and stocked cafe don't hurt :)

Cons

The only 'con' that I feel important to list that Sprout is a place for people that are agile and willing to make changes on the fly. Because we're going through a growth period, the environment can feel overwhelming for folks that can't adjust quickly.

Sprout Social Response

May 24, 2017 – Director of Talent

Growth can sometimes come at the price of productivity and culture so I’m glad to hear that isn’t the experience here at Sprout. We work hard on that concept of open communication (obviously) and... More

"Marketing Dept."

Current Employee - Social Media Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Social Media Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is and will be one of the best jobs i've ever had. Great environment, inspiring, full of wonderful culture, tons of room for personal and professional growth, so many networking opportunities and provides a range of experiences. Great people who care about their employees.

Cons

There are very few. The growing pains of growing are all good problems to have.

Advice to Management

Stay true to the open communication theme, it serves the company well.

6. "Better Than Advertised"

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time

Pros

Transparent culture. Intelligent and communicative leadership. People who care for the right reasons. Good work/life balance. Excellent training for new hires. The people. Perks (breakfast + lunch + snacks + LaCroix provided each day, 401k, unmonitored PTO, health benefits are world class). Fair compensation. Never satisfied and always hungry mentality/culture. Everyone's ideas are welcome. Sense of trust and respect amongst colleagues.

Cons

Company is in a rapid growth stage, which comes with alot of change; if you are looking for established processes and day-to-day or are unable to adapt with change, it may be difficult to keep up.

Not currently a clear career projection path for low to mid-level employees, but noticeable changes to this are already happening/on the horizon.

Not alot of cons ATM.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Sprout Social Response

May 24, 2017 – Director of Talent

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. You hit on one of my favorite parts of Sprout’s culture–the “sense of trust and respect amongst colleagues.” I also appreciate your feedback on career... More

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sprout has been a fantastic place to learn and grow in my career.
    - opportunities to do/build new things
    - great benefits package (that keeps growing as the company and team grow)
    - smart, fun, driven colleagues
    - the office is SO NICE

Cons

There aren't many to point to. Something the team continues to think about is how to scale communication as we grow - a natural challenge in growth that it is clear they continue to tackle. Keep on going!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue to incorporate feedback to make Sprout even better!

"Heaven in Tech."

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The opportunity within the space, and specifically within the company - it's just the beginning at Sprout. The people and the culture they/ we create is truly awesome. The office itself (snacks, drinks, free lunch) is pretty inspiring. It's a very 'humble' group as well, something you don't see often in tech, especially within a company as successful as Sprout is, and will continue to be.

Cons

With opportunity, brings work. Busy times at Sprout.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on. Continue to hire, and as the company grows continue to be as transparent as possible. Continue to keep culture and people a focus with all the growth, as tough as that may be.

9. "Business Development Representative"

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time

Pros

I love the team I work on, both managers are the best I have ever worked with.
    The opportunity to grow within the team and at Sprout is definitely there
    This a sales person dream job, in my opinion

Cons

We are a growing team, which is great but with growth comes changes. Almost every month we go through a change, but it's not necessarily for the bad... things are just not always consistent.... you have to be okay with change!!!

Advice to Management

Nothing at the moment. We have weekly meetings with our managers and this is where we can voice our opinions about anything, very transparent meetings!

"Great Culture + Smart Coworkers + Engaging Leadership = Best Company Ever!"

Current Employee - Software QA Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software QA Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sprout is unlike any tech company I have worked for in my tenure. Both in the cultural aspects as well as the engineering aspects.

- It is truly an open communication and information culture. Where some say they are, Sprout is actually is what it describes as itself.
    - The leadership and cultures is supportive in both your professional and personal pursuits. Be the best you can be both professionally and personally.
    - Work-life balance is one of the best I have seen in the business.
    - Leadership is engaging and available, they truly care about the people and the company.

Cons

Like most tech companies they share common misconceptions about aspects of engineering. This may be a con to some roles.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. More standing desks would be nice.