KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Sprout Social

Engaged Employer

Sprout Social

Add a Review

Sprout Social Employee Reviews about "company is growing"

Updated Nov 11, 2021

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sprout Social and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "company is growing"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Amazing Culture and Values With a Killer Product to Boot

Jul 16, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Strong core values that resonate through the company - Amazing culture of smart, hard working individuals who are not just in it for themselves but genuinely care about the product and customers that are served - Strong market positioning that keeps getting better with each product release - TONS of opportunities for growth and development - Thoughtful team dynamics that help each member of the company to interact in a constructive and positive way

Cons

- None that I can think of at this time.

Chief People Officer

Thank you for sharing your perspective on what it’s like to work at Sprout. Career growth is key to ensuring our people, and ultimately our company, can thrive. Hopefully you have had the chance to take advantage of some of the personal and professional development sessions through Grow@Sprout or participate in the Emerging Leaders Mentorship programs. As always, please stop by if you have any thoughts on how we can continue to bolster efforts in this area. Your contributions to Sprout are very much appreciated.

2. 4.0

It All Comes Down to Sprout Social's Work Culture

Oct 5, 2016 - Customer Success Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sprout Social is an amazing place to work because of its people. Everyone at the company is nice and supportive of each other with one goal in mind. This is in no small part thanks to our CEO and wonderful executive team. They understand what it takes to motivate, but also keep things fun and light so work is somewhere you want to be each day. It also helps that Sprout fosters a very open work environment through inter-department activities like Hack Week and after-hour company events / volunteering.

Cons

If there's anything I'd say needs improvement, it would be the company's focus on career development. The company very recently began bi-annual performance reviews, so things are trending in the right direction. Sprout continues to be a free flowing, start up type of business with all hands on deck. I'm sure it will get to a place where roles are better defined and employee growth becomes a priority.

Director of Talent

Yep, I think the people here are amazing from the top down. Glad to hear you feel the same. As for career development, the bi-annual review process is just the beginning. We’re continuing to hone our program and will evolve it as our team grows and changes. Thank you for your feedback and stop by my office if you have any other questions.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Values-based culture transcends the office

Feb 3, 2021 - Product Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sprout has a culture that's been intentionally built upon shared values. These are plastered all over the office space and ingrained in everything the company does. With the pandemic and the transition to full-remote work across the company, we've found that the values-based culture holds up, even when the 'perks' of the office aren't accessible for now. The company is serious about diversity, equity, and inclusion, and that's apparent in just about every meeting, process, policy, and interaction. This is a company that cares about PEOPLE because they're valuable, not simply because they're productive. That shows itself in a compassionate and considerate community, supportive business resource groups, and flexible time off and other policies that support good work-life balance. Beyond that, everyone goes above and beyond to make sure that each person's experience is excellent and that their needs are met, whether that's accommodating schedules for family commitments, making benefits accommodations for non-traditional families, or just celebrating important moments in our work and personal lives, I've felt like a part of a family at Sprout since the day I joined.

Cons

As the company continues to grow, there are constant challenges to overcome with org structure, staffing, and scaling teams in effective ways. Generally, these challenges are addressed thoughtfully in ways that support healthy teams and healthy future growth, but the growing pains can be awkward. Additionally, Sprout has such a supportive and engaging office environment that it's been somewhat disappointing to lose that with the pandemic. There have been so many creative ways to replicate that in our current fully-remote setting, but we're missing some of the sense of community that comes from physical proximity. There's much to look forward to in the return to the office post-covid.

2 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Our values are an important part of our culture, and I’m glad to hear they’ve helped create a sense of togetherness while we’ve been away from the office. We hope to make our return soon, and in the meantime are continuing to seek ways to adapt our culture and support our managers to ensure everyone has the resources they need to succeed. I agree we have much to look forward to and appreciate you sharing your thoughts! -Maureen

4. 5.0

Marketing team

Apr 28, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work! Fun people, nice culture, state-of-the-art offices in downtown Chicago. Management is very open and communicative about strategy and news about the company.

Cons

There are really no Cons that I can think of

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Culture, Amazing Growth plus Ping-Pong!

Jun 24, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great culture. Team regularly gets together for happy hours and team outings. There is a young enthusiasm in the office and very little corporate red-tape. Decision-making is agile and employees have opportunity to make decisions and have an impact without supervisors micro-managing your every move. People genuinely care about the success of the company as a whole and are committed to helping each other achieve great things.

Cons

Little opportunity for career advancement, but this is mostly due to the size of the company at the moment. There could be more formal planning and strategic development for current employees to help prepare them for expanding roles in the company as it grows as well as in their respective fields/careers.

1 person found this review helpful

Senior Talent Manager

We are fortunate to have such great employees who keep the culture going and help Sprout improve daily. A formal career development plan is something we're thinking about. We want to make sure we can provide the support and guidance needed while maintaining the open and scrappy environment we've created over the past few years.