KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Sprout Social

Engaged Employer

Sprout Social

Add a Review

Sprout Social Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Feb 3, 2021

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sprout Social and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Three Years In & Still Going Strong

Oct 13, 2020 - Sales/Success in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

While no company is perfect, I have to imagine Sprout comes pretty close. Even as we continue to grow, we haven't lost sight of who we are (which so many tech companies do). Some of the biggest pros that stand out are our company culture, our work-life balance, and our senior leadership. I've had a few jobs before Sprout and I can confidently say all three of these are top-notch at Sprout.

Cons

There's always growing pains but Sprout continues to work through them and be as transparent as possible. Continue to promote talent from within and continue to strive for great DEI metrics and we'll continue to do great!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Values-based culture transcends the office

Feb 3, 2021 - Product Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sprout has a culture that's been intentionally built upon shared values. These are plastered all over the office space and ingrained in everything the company does. With the pandemic and the transition to full-remote work across the company, we've found that the values-based culture holds up, even when the "perks" of the office aren't accessible for now. The company is serious about diversity, equity, and inclusion, and that's apparent in just about every meeting, process, policy, and interaction. This is a company that cares about PEOPLE because they're valuable, not simply because they're productive. That shows itself in a compassionate and considerate community, supportive business resource groups, and flexible time off and other policies that support good work-life balance. Beyond that, everyone goes above and beyond to make sure that each person's experience is excellent and that their needs are met, whether that's accommodating schedules for family commitments, making benefits accommodations for non-traditional families, or just celebrating important moments in our work and personal lives, I've felt like a part of a family at Sprout since the day I joined.

Cons

As the company continues to grow, there are constant challenges to overcome with org structure, staffing, and scaling teams in effective ways. Generally, these challenges are addressed thoughtfully in ways that support healthy teams and healthy future growth, but the growing pains can be awkward. Additionally, Sprout has such a supportive and engaging office environment that it's been somewhat disappointing to lose that with the pandemic. There have been so many creative ways to replicate that in our current fully-remote setting, but we're missing some of the sense of community that comes from physical proximity. There's much to look forward to in the return to the office post-covid.

2 people found this review helpful

Sprout Social Response

Chief People Officer

Our values are an important part of our culture, and I’m glad to hear they’ve helped create a sense of togetherness while we’ve been away from the office. We hope to make our return soon, and in the meantime are continuing to seek ways to adapt our culture and support our managers to ensure everyone has the resources they need to succeed. I agree we have much to look forward to and appreciate you sharing your thoughts! -Maureen

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Truly a special place to work.

May 14, 2019 - Product Marketing in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’m fortunate that I had a chance to work for other companies before Sprout so that I could understand how much better it is by comparison. All of the positive Glassdoor reviews made me skeptical of their authenticity, but within a few days I could tell that people are genuinely happy and excited to work here. Our CEO, Justyn, is extremely passionate about caring deeply for our employees and customers, which makes a positive impact on how everyone carries themselves. I’ve had an amazing experience with Sprout and I’m excited for the years ahead.

Cons

- Our success has led to natural growing pains, including communication breakdowns and inefficient processes. - The complexity of our product and our rate of hiring makes it challenging to maintain a thorough product understanding across the organization. Our product and education teams sometimes get distracted from important work because we're answering product questions from the organization.

4. 4.0

Customer Development Account Executive

Jul 26, 2019 - Customer Development Account Executive in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was lucky enough to transition from the Chicago team to the Dublin/EMEA team I've been able to travel all around Europe the past couple of months and the work-life balance is incredible for that.

Cons

There are definitely growing pains but everything has been getting solved fairly quickly and we've been able to ramp from a 5 person EMEA team in Nov 2018 to 40+ May 2019

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love going to work

Oct 6, 2016 - Customer Support Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Agile, startup culture and highly responsive leadership (to feedback) - Define your own path (talent and hard work well-recognized) - Great benefits, even better people

Cons

MINIMALLY frustrating/problematic - - normal rapid-growth growing pains (which we're able to quickly adapt to and resolve due to agile workflow and adaptive startup culture)

1 person found this review helpful