Sprouts Farmers Market Reviews | Glassdoor

Sprouts Farmers Market Chief Executive Officer Amin Maredia
Amin Maredia

1,047 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • No one at corporate has any idea how things work at the store level and expect to much for such low pay (in 51 reviews)

• While supervisors tend to be more friendly, store managers are more passive-aggressive (in 42 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"An Incredible Opportunity for Career Growth"

Current Employee - Vitamin Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Vitamin Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong Culture and Positive Moral make coming to work each day amazing. Pay is based off your experience in the position you apply for so it is extremely accurate and deserving. Great discounts and full benefits.

Cons

Sometimes it is busy to the point that it sacrifices that 1 to 1 quality time with each client due to limited store staffing hours. The chance to be heard by corporate management is limited by the natural hierarchy that expects lower management to handle all situations that arise. This does a lot to kill positive change to policies and procedures that need revamping.

Advice to Management

Have Employee focus groups and or round tables with corporate management of different levels all the way up to the CEO.

"Sales Associate"

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time

Pros

Good place to work, good customers, good co-workers

Cons

scheduling issues, very little to complain about

"Great"

Current Employee - Deli Manager in Santa Fe, NM
    Current Employee - Deli Manager in Santa Fe, NM

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time

Pros

Employed are courteous and friendly, knowledge of healthy food. Short commute from my house. Change of advancement in the company. Good employee benefits

Cons

You have to work with different personalities. Its a very fast environment. Small storage areas for the department that is at the store in currently working

Advice to Management

Understand employees

5. "Great employer for students"

Current Employee - Head Cashier in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Head Cashier in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of opportunity for internal advancement. I was promoted twice in an eight month period.

Cons

Pay starts low, and promotions are paired mostly with small raises.

6. "Simply Simple"

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time

Pros

Straight forward. Great atmosphere. Health Conscious.

Cons

Erratic Hours. At Will Employment.

7. "Senior Deli Clerk"

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time

Pros

Full time hours. Great benefits. I can have both my kids on until they are 26. Medical, dental vision. Company pays a portion and my portion is automatically deducted weekly. Direct deposit is encouraged...which I signed up for...also GREAT! Paid sick days, vacation days accumulate. Great coworkers. Love my coworkers...most work as a team to accomplish goals. Always something new to learn. Always trying to find better, faster ways to do daily tasks.

Cons

Substance abuse is tolerated and ignored even when reported to managers. Store management cuts costs and corners on necessities too much. Garbage bags, towels, scrub pads to do dishes, block whitener for cleaning cutting boards....sharpening service for knives cancelled. Ridiculous when a whole grocery store has only 1 broom. Scheduling untrained new people to close....just wrong. If you have to do it, closing store manager should come check on them and make sure they did it correctly. Sometimes there is only 1 person in charge of the whole deli including closing from 4 pm on. In the past 9 months...(we opened 9 mos ago)....Managers and assistant managers are set up to fail. 1 manager transferred, but all the rest (5 people) walked out and quit with no notice...some who had been with Sprouts for awhile. This is scary. New stores train their new employees for 2 weeks or more. All new store employees need training. Why is an untrained person working alone in the deli....leaving a dirty store for morning crew? Hello?

Advice to Management

Deli workers are expected to do the work of 2-3 people and work at a superfast pace at all times. Hire a utility person to do clean up in the deli, all day long...trash, wash dishes, bpsa, stock cleaning products, sweep up, take out compost.....let the production people produce. Just like in a restaurant kitchen....higher skill workers do higher skilled jobs. Lower skilled people start with clean-up. Train those lower skilled people to move up. Pay according to skill level. We, your subordinates want all of us to be better than this. Thank you.

"Administrative Coordinator"

Former Employee - Administrative Coordinator
    Former Employee - Administrative Coordinator

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the contact I have with employees. Position is a very important one in the store. Enjoy my store manager! Work closely with him, to keep things running as smooth as possible. Benefits are great!

Cons

Dealing with the "younger" employees who lack work ethics and values. Attendance system needs work. Cashier accountability is not fair, as many use same funds throughout the day, and if error occurs, all who used funds are responsible for error. Different system should be used.

Advice to Management

Corporate, as with most companies, needs to fully understand what store level employees deal with on a day to day basis, and nit make us feel inadequate. We all try our best!

9. "Grocery Clerk"

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time

Pros

Good pay, access to healthy foods, customers are nice.

Cons

A bit unorganized, employees don't always get properly trained.

Advice to Management

Work on training upper management in stores.

10. "Good start, then felt taken advantage of"

Former Employee - Front End Cashier in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Front End Cashier in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market (More than a year)

Pros

Good groups of coworkers, 15% discount

Cons

Worked me full time without full timer benefits. Was sick one day (nauseous) and head cashier had no compassion whatsoever. She lacked basic people skills.

Advice to Management

Work with your employees to provide a little variety. Doing the same thing day in and day out for 8 hours at a stretch promotes severe and quick burn out.

11. "Great Company to work for"

Pros

Management treats its employees really well
    24 hours of sick pay
    Really chill people to work with

Cons

A lot of intensive labor at times
    Departments have a tendency to be under-staffed

Showing 1,047 of 1,052 reviews