Sprouts Farmers Market Reviews

3.2
Sprouts Farmers Market CEO  Jack Sinclair
Jack Sinclair

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "I work sprouts in Los Angeles ... Great people to work with and friendly too(in 220 reviews)
  • "I have some great coworkers and working in a grocery store generally is much better than in food service.(in 205 reviews)
  • "Good benefits and flexible during college.(in 164 reviews)
  • "I even like some of the people I work with and flexible hours which is a con too I'll get to that in that section.(in 108 reviews)
  • "The boots on the ground employees are great and try to do everything possible to do the job right.(in 69 reviews)
Cons
  • "The management was poor and consistently had scandalous rumor circulating about them(in 427 reviews)
  • "The pay is low and the turn over rate is high.(in 294 reviews)
  • "Good managers don't run a building by sitting on their lazy butts in front of a computer all day long.(in 208 reviews)
  • "No training because workers aren't given proper time or tools to train new hires.(in 90 reviews)
  • "Management is really bad/mean, Work environment very unprofessional, hourly pay is low, favoritism, low hours,management doesnt help out when work is busy.(in 72 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sprouts Farmers Market and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place

May 22, 2022 - In Store Shopper in University City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Managers and co-workers were amazing. Great company culture if your part-time and not looking for growth.

Cons

Customers act like entitled brats and no room for growth.

2. 2.0

Overworked, Underpaid, Not Enough Breaks

May 5, 2022 - Grocery Stocker/Cashier
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Minuscule employee discount on brands more expensive than Whole Foods

Cons

- Too much to do for one human being to handle in one shift - They only hire one person to be closing shift and then overwork them into the ground, expecting every shelf to be have product faced towards the front for three hours straight. - Even if you are not hired to stock dairy and frozen, somehow it's still your responsibility to face it? (Even other grocery stores have their own designated employees for this) - Management has little to no care about the fact the we are all human and need to sit/take another break because our feet hurt - Customers can be rude, they don't care if you are busy with something, especially Instacart shoppers. - Old rich people/nurses and elitists shop here frequently because they are the only one's who can afford the food prices. - The pay is terrible for the amount of work, especially with with inflation. - You are litterally better off going to college or technical school or a trade then wasting time with this company.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company, bad store

May 2, 2022 - Bakery Clerk in Cedar Park, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has good values, very willing to work with employees, everyone is always super sweet ang great personalities, fun events of dressing up in themes and employee benefits.

Cons

My only problem was my immediate team I worked for in the Bakery Department at the Cedar Park, Tx location. I loved being around everyone else working in the store, but my team lacked communication, would love to talk mess behind your back, wouldn't even train well, no leadership skills; and they have been working together for a couple years now, so they were pretty set on just knowing how to work with each other. The standards changed day to day and management wouldn't even fulfill their responsibilities in their roles on a consistent day to day basis. Also, they don't pay well for each position and the bonuses happen every 6-months, and it's only by a .10-.25 cent difference.

4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Dont bother

Apr 20, 2022 - Department Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Weekly paycheck and flexable schedules

Cons

Want to work for a company that micromanages you, or never gives you the proper amount of hours you should get in your department and instead uses other employees that are not trained in your department? Then this is the place for you. Do you want to work for a place that no matter how good your numbers are and measured metrics are corporate will always visit the store assuming you are doing things wrong. The department trainer has a borderline personality disorder. Do you want to be blamed for the supplier being out of what you order? Then this is the place for you. Do you want to work for the worst group of store management ever assembled? This is the place for you. Do you want to work for a manager that runs around the store putting random things on manager special which causes problems for scan and the dept manager? This is the place for you. The company does show its appreciation for employees every so often by having team mate appreciation where they put our close dated or out of date merchandise for employees to eat.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Employee experience

May 4, 2022 - Front End Cashier in Collierville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay rate started at $10.50-$11.50 depending on cashiering experience Extra hours were always available 30% employee discount Can change departments if needed Each shift consists of atleast 1 or 2 sets of 15 minute breaks . Including a 30 minute lunch if you work 6 hours and up shift. Head cashier starts at $13.25 depending on experience

Cons

Managers are impatient Does not train cashiers/ head cashiers well Breaks are not always promised Busy store especially during holidays Head cashier/ Cashiers have to get carts out of the lot if the cart attendant is not there. If promoted to a higher pay rate.( example cashier to head cashier) Process will take long.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Knowledgeable in cutting of beef, pork, lamb and fish.

May 18, 2022 - Assistant Meat Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great position to understand the managerial logistics of meat merchandising. Great leadership from the store and regional managers. Safe work environment.

Cons

Less incentive for new employees to work their way up to management in some departments.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Working at sprouts in the deli

May 21, 2022 - Deli Clerk
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, they start you at 16 an hour if you have experience

Cons

High turnover, high intensity in the deli, a lot of production

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fun, Great Exercise!

Feb 19, 2022 - In Store Shopper - Curbside in Marlton, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love being on the move, so I'm really enjoying it. The crew here is lovely to work with. Also, I have Asperger's and ADHD. The staff has been very understanding, and though I don't ask for a lot of accommodation, all requests have been met without hesitation, for which I am most grateful. They are very understanding about needed time off, and I have never once been made to feel guilty or threatened for taking time off. Having had 13 years in retail, this attitude is new and novel. I appreciate it.

Cons

Not a con for me, but it may be for some: I average walking between 4 and 6 miles a shift filling orders. Keep that in mind when applying for this kind of position.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

No what they pretend to be

May 2, 2022 - Assistant Meat Department Manager in Simpsonville, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Scheduling is decent and customers are great. This is a job not a career.

Cons

Management does not care unless you are part of their"click". Most people are promoted because of who they know. My supervisor has changed dates to extend the shelf life on fresh items and has even put items out that was left off refrigeration over night. It was similar with the supervisor before as well. There is no support from management to fix any concerns. It is extremely stressful when you are off one day and have to double check everything to make sure customers are not getting bad products that may make them sick. When speaking to management about these issues you are looked down on because you are not being supportive. This isn't a once in awhile thing it happens weekly.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Find a good store manager

May 18, 2022 - Meat Department Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Promotion opportunities Pay Low expectations for moving up (easy to climb quickly)

Cons

Communication Knowledge among your peers Low expectations for moving up (easy to get into a job you can't handle)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,898 Reviews

Sprouts Farmers Market Reviews FAQs

Sprouts Farmers Market has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 3,941 reviews left anonymously by employees. 46% of employees would recommend working at Sprouts Farmers Market to a friend and 39% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Sprouts Farmers Market employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Sprouts Farmers Market. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

46% of Sprouts Farmers Market employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sprouts Farmers Market 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Sprouts Farmers Market to be workplace, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be career development, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Sprouts Farmers Market Job Seekers