Sprouts Farmers Market Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sprouts Farmers Market Chief Executive Officer Amin Maredia
Amin Maredia

Pros
Cons
  • No one at corporate has any idea how things work at the store level and expect to much for such low pay (in 51 reviews)

• While supervisors tend to be more friendly, store managers are more passive-aggressive (in 41 reviews)

"Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees are good people and extremely tolerant of the nonsense and it's sad that they fear losing their jobs when they receive zero coaching and and training!

Cons

No communication, standards and rules don't exist, leaders don't lead, the employees run the place, you can get by with murder and be promoted! Very sad conditions to work in. Extremely juvenile and unprofessional place to work!

Advice to Management

Seek other avenues! Your input and professionalism will dwindle and be lost in the caos!

2. "Sprouts does not honor Martin Luther King Day"

Former Employee - Meat Clerk
    Former Employee - Meat Clerk

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

there is nothing good to tell

Cons

Don't work there save your self respect

Advice to Management

Get a clue

"Horrible company"

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time

Pros

Only Pro is that you work in a health related grocery store.

Cons

They randomly change your schedule without contacting you. You get hired for one job, but they place you in another. They claim to have plenty of hours but 4.5 hours for one work week I don't consider a job at all. Go work at Trader Joe's or Whole Foods, not here!

"Save your self-respect and your wallet"

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I mean... It's a job?

Cons

DO NOT, I repeat, do NOT treat this as a career. This is a sham. No one in I.T. on a service desk should be making less than $45,000. This company pays less than 75% of that. I came from a store to the corporate level, tried to drink the Kool-Aid, but while other companies are innovating their I.T., this company is struggling to even get to where the world was 10 years ago. This company gives away all its core business functions to vendors, making you a complete tool for your career growth. You are committing a sin to yourself working for a company like Sprouts. Corporate turnover is high, store turnover is high. The company does not care if you quit and find a better opportunity elsewhere.

Worst, the company practices the brainwashing effect typical of organizations that shelve tribal knowledge among its most tenured employees. Rather than taking a page out of progressive employers bu increasing cross-functional transparency, Sprouts encourages tribal knowledge and gives away its power to vendors to disassociate blame from any wrongdoing from its completely disorganized process framework.

Benefits are horrible, worse than what other organizations are willing to pay. If you want to stick to a company that values you for your IT career roadmap, you need to look at the Fortune 100 and find companies in that list. Sprouts is not on there yet at the time of this review.

Work/life is a joke, when I worked to train in a different role, management enforced that I basically be on call, whenever. But then they would flip the tables and claim unauthorized overtime when it was convenient them, basically when payroll came down on them.

Speaking of payroll, this company's senior management WILLINGLY gave everyone's social security number away and no one got fired for it.

Yes, I'm serious. This is a company you wanna work for? STAY FAR AWAY. They DO NOT RESPECT YOUR IDENTITY HERE.

Company cultural values here are a joke. They are not practiced regularly and you ask any employee what they are off the top of their head and they won't be able to tell you, it's just stuff that goes on a placard and stays there.

If you are still willing to work for this company, research this company on LinkedIn, and you'll see how many people in senior management have bailed from working this company. It's a train wreck.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they are worth. Value employees that go to school and compensate them accordingly. Stop smashing employees that are trying to do better not only for the company for themselves. And worst, when an employee finds a better job elsewhere don't pull a hypocrite move and start trying to friend them, this is how you get bad reviews on Glassdoor and other social media platforms.

Stop looking at the bottom line and start valuing your employees as assets. This does not mean sending emails that say "good job" or buying a free lunch every now and then. I mean REALLY value your employees. Pull off what other Fortune 100 companies do to treat their employees right. They'll treat you right in return and actually stay.

6. "Okay wages, no hours"

Pros

Wages are above minimum wages.

Discounts for employees and one family member. You are given a two cards to use for this.

Good merchandise at the stores

Cons

Hard to get hours.
    Incompetent managers who are often replaced or transferred constantly makes communication between departments difficult.
    Miserable coworkers.

Advice to Management

Make it clear during the interview process that your hours will vary. I was told during the interview that I could work either part time or full time. I was given 8-10 hours a week after requesting full time.

"Don't work there"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Cumming, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Cumming, GA

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management ok, friendly co workers

Cons

Pay stinks, no room for advancement,

Advice to Management

My advice is when you hire people with experience use them to your advantage. Don't underestimate people

"Awful"

Former Employee - Cashier in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Cashier in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro were the people that worked there.

Cons

The managers were awful, they were so quick to place the blame on everyone else when it was their training that lead to confusion on the front end. They are not flexible, they don't care if you have anything else going on, they take awful care of their employees.

Advice to Management

Make sure the people that get promoted to manager actually know what they are doing instead of just telling other people what to do and then getting mad when they don't give clear instructions.

"Employee"

Current Employee - Team Member in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Team Member in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time

Pros

Flexible hours, discount, local. Co-workers are in same boat as you...misery loves company!

Cons

Low pay, low hours, inconsistent scheduling ...hours, days. Micro manage d...huge turnover

10. "ADA Non-compliant"

Former Employee - Bakery Clerk in South Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - Bakery Clerk in South Jordan, UT

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discount for 15%.
    Bakery and Deli employees are much more open to conversation due to the isolation from customers.

Cons

Favoritism is a huge problem.
    When shrink in a department is too high, they blame someone for it, transfer them to another department, and never schedule them for work, which the system then auto-terminates them.

Advice to Management

I shouldn't have to reapply for the same job you terminated me from. You know I am qualified, why should I reinstate that after working for Sprouts for almost two years

"They broke the law"

Former Employee - Assistant Vitamin Manager in Thornton, CO
    Former Employee - Assistant Vitamin Manager in Thornton, CO

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market (Less than a year)

Pros

15% discount and you get to wear jeans

Cons

I worked for Sprouts for 6 months I was told I would be making a certain amount but got paid a dollar less than I was told so I left Sprouts for a better paying job, They haven't paid me my last paycheck yet and according to the Colorado Division of Labor I should have received it by the 14th day after I left. Its now been 15 days and the store bookkeeper said maybe I would get it next week. Stay away from this company

Advice to Management

Learn the labor laws, keep your word.

Showing 217 of 1,016 reviews