Sprouts Farmers Market Reviews | Glassdoor

Sprouts Farmers Market Chief Executive Officer Amin Maredia
Amin Maredia

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • They will start you at a low pay if they can (in 62 reviews)

• Store managers are always changing and different expectations follow (in 53 reviews)

1. "Bakery Clerk"

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time

Pros

great co-workers and great buy options

Cons

Horrible Manaagement and horrible hours

2. "Manager"

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros are the benefits are good

Cons

Horrible management all the way to the top unorganized but only on the southeast region.

3. "Sounds like a great idea, and then quickly stops being one :(."

Former Employee - Vitamin Clerk
    Former Employee - Vitamin Clerk

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for meeting new people, making friends with coworkers and customers, and sharing tips with others about the products in one's department. The Sprouts brand is well-marketed, and people love the store, so it is easy to sell product. Also, in the midst of a world transitioning to a ton of online retail, the grocery store remains a safe space of communal gathering, while buying goods of course. So, I was happy to be apart of a market that allowed people to be around each other, chat and just develop good relationships.

Cons

While I worked there, the company marketed that there is ample opportunity for growth-- just make sure which kind of growth they are talking about. Many departments get stalwart managers who stay there for years, so if you want to move into their position, you must wait. A long time. Too long of a time. Also, for the vitamin department, upper management expects great customer service, and that translates to giving pseudo-medical advice, without actually giving pseudo-medical advice. I used to research all about the products, but my experience and knowledge was not rewarded with a higher salary. This was the biggest and most absurd joke of all. They want more but won't chalk up the cash for it. Also, I realized I would rather be bored in a job environment than stressed in a supposedly fun one. Stay if you need an in-between job, but get out before it starts sucking your soul.

Advice to Management

Tell employees the truth about advancement (ie it's limited by supply and demand of positions available, not by an employee's abilities), and please make your store employees' experience of working there at least half as fun as it is for your customers.

4. "Produce Associate"

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time

Pros

Its ok but really boring

Cons

they cut hours all the time

"Not what you hope or expect."

Current Employee - Meat Clerk in Broken Arrow, OK
    Current Employee - Meat Clerk in Broken Arrow, OK

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people you work with can be fun, the discount is nice, amazingly tasty food stuffs, sometimes have employee appreciation things.

Cons

Management is terrible, if you're under 30 they treat you like an incapable infant. Don't expect to get help when things are busy either. Raises don't quite happen either unless your manager happens to like you.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your hard working grunts. We're actually more capable than the people you hire to watch us. Cause that's really all they do.

"Heading in the wrong direction"

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

15% discount. All other perks we had at one time are now gone.

Cons

Regional leadership is non-existent. It's a fend for yourself mentality. Ongoing training is minimal at best and regional trainers point fingers instead of helping. It's a constant feeling of a "gotcha" environment. Everything is "contingent upon employment".

Advice to Management

Listen to your managers. Show appreciation and respect. Take responsibility and ownership. Stop the negative environment and threatening of jobs. Train your people.

7. "If your time is important to you skip Sprouts"

Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Reno, NV

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time

Pros

Easy to wear and maintain the uniform

Cons

Lengthy hiring process, unpredictable schedule,lack of training, lack of communication among team members, poor pay, and benefits for full time team members take a year.

Advice to Management

Talk to each, train people including the person giving orientation, cut the time it takes to hire someone in half and pay people %30 more than you are currently.

8. "Demeaning"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work with some very nice people. Store is clean. Nice customers.

Cons

They constantly hire because they have high turnover. There is a constant drive to do more than what is being done but the payroll hours are cut week after week. More people are hired and each one individually gets less hours. You are promised a level of hours and they schedule you well below that level of hours after you are hired. Anyone who is a decent performer is never recognized and finally leave for a better job with more hours. If you are hired for full time it seems like they try hard to keep you below 30 hours per week so that benefits are not available or accrued.

Advice to Management

Give your employees the hours they were promised.

9. "Produce Clerk"

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time

Pros

Got hired right away due to my resume. Good co-workers.

Cons

Management lied upon saying I would be hired full time at an opening store. Everyone's hours got cut back after a month or two from store opening.

Advice to Management

Be honest but then again, this is business (I'm a business management major). Obviously, numbers are important.

10. "Great entry-level work, but don't stay long-term"

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

401K match, employee discount on groceries is great, and the vacation time isn't bad. I used this job to build my resume in high school and it served that purpose well.

Cons

The strain on resources was evident as the company grew. Every department was understaffed and regularly had more work than they could handle. This led to consistently unhappy employees and low morale. There's a monetary incentive to climb the ladder, but in my opinion it's outweighed by the unrealistic expectations heaped onto managers.

Advice to Management

Give stores the hours they need to get the job done.

Showing 324 of 1,334 reviews