Sprouts Farmers Market Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sprouts Farmers Market Chief Executive Officer Amin Maredia
Amin Maredia

1,077 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • 15% employee discount off any purchases (in 103 reviews)

• 15% discount for whole store (on special days like around holidays there will be a day when there is a 25% discount) (in 84 reviews)

Cons
  • No one at corporate has any idea how things work at the store level and expect to much for such low pay (in 53 reviews)

• While supervisors tend to be more friendly, store managers are more passive-aggressive (in 45 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"An Incredible Opportunity for Career Growth"

Current Employee - Vitamin Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Vitamin Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong Culture and Positive Moral make coming to work each day amazing. Pay is based off your experience in the position you apply for so it is extremely accurate and deserving. Great discounts and full benefits.

Cons

Sometimes it is busy to the point that it sacrifices that 1 to 1 quality time with each client due to limited store staffing hours. The chance to be heard by corporate management is limited by the natural hierarchy that expects lower management to handle all situations that arise. This does a lot to kill positive change to policies and procedures that need revamping.

Advice to Management

Have Employee focus groups and or round tables with corporate management of different levels all the way up to the CEO.

2. "Decent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Gilbert, AZ

Pros

In my experience, Sprout's is a pretty decent place to work as an hourly. I hear a number of people grumble, but they are typically the slackers and those that have not had other jobs. In my opinon, if you show up and do what is asked the day is a breeze and you get paid.

Cons

There seems to be a lot of mind changing that happens, but you go with the flow and no one gets hurt. I hear talk that "they" only have the customer's back, but I think that is most companies this day and age.

Advice to Management

Be consistent and fair. Give reasons with scoldings. Understand, that the way you speak to people matters and can determine the outcome of a situation. Be kind not nice.

3. "I have found that Sprouts offers a great atmosphere to work, opportunity abounds, if you are willing to work for it."

Current Employee - Department Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Sprouts is a rapidly growing company, recently doubling in size as a result of a merger. The concept of Sprouts is, in my opinion, the future of the retail industry. By this I am referring to the small size of the stores, making them convenient to get into, shop, and get out of. I believe that the big box stores have become too cumbersome, and they don't really offer the big savings that they claim. High levels of customer service, high quality products, and reasonable prices have made these stores very successful, and they are getting more so everyday.

I am a 20 year veteran of the grocery industry, having worked for the big boys, namely Tom Thumb, Albertson's, Central Market, and Whole Foods, I can tell you that Sprouts is not a wannabe Whole Foods as someone suggested, for one thing, they are reasonably priced, offer the same quality, and are much smaller and convenient. It has been my experience at Sprouts that there are opportunities for the taking, and diversity is absolutely a priority, in fact, minorities make up a very large portion of the management team in my store. Even Caucasians are offered equal opportunities at Sprouts, and this can not be said for the big companies, Tom Thumb comes to mind.

I have found that my colleagues at Sprouts that are disgruntled, and/or dissillusioned, are generally slackers that are expecting to gain something for nothing. Effort is required, but if you are willing to make the effort, you will be rewarded, I personally have experienced this.

Oh, by the way, the benefits are awesome, and everyone in my department averages over 32 hours and are benefit eligible. Generally, in my store, if you are not getting 32 hours or more, you are probably not worth 32 hours or more.

Cons

The company is growing at a rapid pace, and there are growing pains involved, changes are being made that can sometimes cause confusion, and some of the laid back atmosphere is beginning to dissolve as the company moves from a small company to a larger one.

Advice to Management

While our wage scale is pretty much industry standard, I believe it would benefit our company if our wage scale was at the top of the industry. This would result in the attraction of the highest quality employees, thus improving productivity, customer service, and the overall experience for the customers in our stores.

5. "It was a great job with a lot of really friendly people both in the store and shoppers."

Former Employee - Cashier in Oceanside, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Oceanside, CA

Pros

It's a great place to work the people there are very nice and I really appreciated the management.

Cons

Work late sometimes until 10 pm. It was a stand all day job no matter what department your in. Very boring sometimes and the retro music gets old after the first week.

Advice to Management

Nothing really I liked the management a lot. They were very helpful and always tried to help in anyway possible. Very good management team, very friendly.

6. "A great work environment with friendly co-workers!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In-store discount, fun and friendly people.

Cons

None I can think of at the moment.

"Great Place to work"

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company is moving in the reight direction, lots of oppertunity for individual who are willing to take it!

Cons

need better profit share program

Advice to Management

Need to include all levels of he store in our profit share programs. Also needs an employee stock purchasing plan for all team members

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family work place, work hard play hard,

Cons

Can take a lot of hours to advance

9. "Great experience, Easy to move up."

Former Employee - Head Cashier in Murphy, TX
    Former Employee - Head Cashier in Murphy, TX

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to move up in the company and reasonal pay

Cons

A lot of work on holidays.

"great company"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

very good company to work . The personnel are great people.

Cons

I see not much Con's in this job.

Advice to Management

continue to recruited high management to grow the company. and pay them well.

11. "Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always friendly and you always have some one to help you. The food is the best and high in standers.

Cons

I worked for Sprout's and their where no issues.

Advice to Management

Keep going your people.

Showing 1,077 of 1,082 reviews