Sprouts Farmers Market Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sprouts Farmers Market Chief Executive Officer Amin Maredia
Amin Maredia

1,102 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • 15% employee discount off any purchases (in 108 reviews)

• 15% discount for whole store (on special days like around holidays there will be a day when there is a 25% discount) (in 88 reviews)

Cons
  • They will start you at a low pay if they can (in 53 reviews)

• While supervisors tend to be more friendly, store managers are more passive-aggressive (in 46 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"An Incredible Opportunity for Career Growth"

Current Employee - Vitamin Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Vitamin Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong Culture and Positive Moral make coming to work each day amazing. Pay is based off your experience in the position you apply for so it is extremely accurate and deserving. Great discounts and full benefits.

Cons

Sometimes it is busy to the point that it sacrifices that 1 to 1 quality time with each client due to limited store staffing hours. The chance to be heard by corporate management is limited by the natural hierarchy that expects lower management to handle all situations that arise. This does a lot to kill positive change to policies and procedures that need revamping.

Advice to Management

Have Employee focus groups and or round tables with corporate management of different levels all the way up to the CEO.

2. "The Walmart of Natural Foods Stores"

Former Employee - Grocery Manager
    Former Employee - Grocery Manager

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great food at a low price
    Usually great customers
    Lots of great people to work with
    Growing company with lots of room for advancement

Cons

Terrible starting pay / pay raises for promotions
    Managers will "steal" rewards you have rightfully earned
    High turnover rates desired for stores/managers
    Random overnight shift expectations can definitely take a toll

Advice to Management

Take care of your good employees and they will take care of you. Customers notice unhappy employees.

"Decent company, but could use improvement"

Former Employee - Cashier in Murfreesboro, TN
    Former Employee - Cashier in Murfreesboro, TN

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time

Pros

15% employee discount and casual attire (jeans with company provided t-shirt). The overall environment is good and decently laid back.

Cons

They promote teamwork as a way to make everyone do all jobs in the store when in actuality they're just saving money by not hiring more people. You get hired thinking you'll be doing one job and then suddenly you're expected to do multiple other jobs for the same pay. Cashiers have chores to do that include being a cart attendant, cleaning and stocking the bathrooms, sweeping the floor, and gathering trash from the trash cans in the parking lot.
    Also cashiers aren't allowed to have drinks at the register, not even bottled water. You could have a 5 hour shift where you have nothing to drink because you're too busy to be given a 15 minute break (since giving breaks is optional in the state I live in).
    I don't know if it's because the company is small or new, but they're behind on some basic things. Like the registers don't have handheld scanners to scan large items in carts nor a way to signal the head cashier that you need assistance. The employees don't have radios or walkies. You constantly have to page over the whole store anytime you need change at the register, or assistance of any kind. The backroom is unorganized. Boxes of various product just stacked everywhere. There are no designated backroom employees to keep things orderly and no system that I'm aware of to keep track of which products are going in and out of the backroom.
    It's not a terrible place to work, but if you've worked for other larger retail companies, it feels like you're taking a step back.

Advice to Management

Walkies for employees would be helpful. Handheld devices for the head cashiers to receive calls for help from the cashiers at the registers would be very helpful. If you're going to insist on people doing multiple jobs around the store that aren't part of their job title, make that clear before you hire them. Cashiers might like to know beforehand that they're expected to push carts and deal with bathrooms.

5. "Clerk"

Current Employee - Clerk in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Clerk in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time

Pros

The coworkers are great, funny. You get paid every week. There is a fifteen percent discount on all purchases for you and one household member.

Cons

Salary barely more than new hires after two years with company. It is stressful and management is stingy with compliments, even when your dept. looks great and your dept. and store exceed sale projects by two digits.

Advice to Management

Be more generous with your compliments, appreciate your employees, it doesn't cost you anything.

6. "Employee"

Current Employee - Assistant Grocery Manager in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Grocery Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of hours to get if you are there to work and learn different areas of store, to become more valuable to the "team".

Cons

This is neither Google nor Space-X and is not a touchy feely company. You are there to work ANF managers lack training to deal with HR problems and walk a fine line.

Advice to Management

Employees are more than a number to fill in a scheduling matrix. Employees chose to work for the low pay rate offered for a myriad of reasons but, they are still human and deserve respect. Need more carrot to go along with the stick that is amply applied.

7. "Grocery Manager"

Former Employee - Grocery Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Grocery Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Like the up-scale environment/ farm's market feel. Great people! FB & Ron are great. Loved how you could wear jeans and facial hair. They accepted each person's style and were ok with it. I really in joyed working there.

Cons

None really, I had an unforseen medical issue come up because of how my doctor was treating me, which was wrong causing side effects. Sprouts worked with me and helped me through all of it. Great place to work with great people.

Advice to Management

Empower your employees, the leardship is good and doing that creates a desire to work harder for you and grow. Give second chances to people who through no fault of their own, endure, medical life events, they are still the hardworking and loyal employee, even more so after going through said event.

"Nice environment but no money in it."

Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Folsom, CA

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Always parking available, alot of places to eat for lunch as well. And you get a 15 percent off employee discount and an extra 15 percent off card for whom ever you share your fridge with.

Cons

No over time ever! They hired a lot of people for the new store and its not even 6 months later and every ones time is getting cut in half. How am I supposed to live off of 20 hr a week. Literally everyone is quitting except for me. And still no hours. Im in the great depression until i can get some hours! How messed up is that.

Advice to Management

You should only hire teens because they still live with their parents and do not need to pay rent and it is perfect because they do not want to work much so 20 hrs would be good for them.

9. "Cut boxes, not corners"

Former Employee - Produce Clerk in Dublin, CA
    Former Employee - Produce Clerk in Dublin, CA

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sprout's was very nice and uplifting for a newcomer... at least for a day or two.
    Got to try the produce.

Cons

Middle management did drugs and upper management had no respect for veterans.

10. "Not the same"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Health and dental benefits, 15% discount

Cons

It's nearly impossible to make a bonus anymore. There are no real benefits other than health insurance and a 15% discount

Advice to Management

Communication is muddled and confusing. It's constantly changing but not clear and comes from 10 different directions.

11. "Sprouts Farmer's Market does not care about you."

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Employee appreciation day
    -Employee discount isn't bad
    -Helps you diversify your experience

Cons

They really don't care about you. They act like they do at first, but they don't even care enough to replace squeegee handles when multiple people tell them that it makes their back hurt.
    Management is a joke. Half of the time you get 1 or 2 managers that are actually trying to help you, but on the other hand you get the ones who just want to make themselves look good at your expense.
    There are maybe 3 out of 6 people in my department that actually work, and even though I've said something many times, it doesn't do anything. I've tried to take it into my own hands, but favoritism is strong here.
    I don't recommend working here if you value your sanity.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who work here. They do the same thing every day. They know what they're doing.
    Communicate better. Instead of pointing fingers at the hard workers, pay attention to others and what they are/aren't doing.

Showing 1,102 of 1,107 reviews