Square Customer Success Advocate Reviews | Glassdoor

Jack Dorsey
  1. "Amazing"

Current Employee - Customer Success Advocate in Portland, OR

I have been working at Square full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great perks, inclusive, benefits, growing company, organized

Cons

Since it's such a fast growing company things can get a bit messy

Square2019-12-17

"Not As Great As I'd Hoped"

Former Employee - Customer Success Advocate in Lake St Louis, MO

I worked at Square full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits from day one.

Cons

Low pay and bad hours to start.

Square2020-01-06
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"If you're non-technical, this is not the company you think it is"

Former Employee - Customer Success Advocate in New York, NY

I worked at Square full-time for more than a year

Pros

Golden handcuffs - free food, great benefits, 401(k) matching, etc. I never left work later than 6:30.

Cons

CS org was totally mismanaged. It was dissolved in NYC and SF. Internal mobility is a joke. In NYC office, teams are siloed and there's a palpable "pre-IPO" vs "post-IPO" employee split.

Square2020-01-07

"Policy Ambiguity"

Former Employee - Customer Success Advocate in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Square full-time for less than a year

Pros

*The initial culture was great. *Very freindly-on the surface. *Great (free) breakfast *Great Lunch *Spoils you with booze & snacks *A decent challenge *Promotions are given if you are in a clique *Decent pay, frequent raises. *Flexible PTO (although sometimes abused) *Generally a fun culture (when things are going good) *You can actually talk to the owner of the company from time to time *decent benefits *work at home option on bad weather days

Cons

I generally loved the company in the beginning . Although, I learned that you are expendable. 55 employees were terminated over a mystery policy violation. I asked H.R. to show me proof of the allegations and they could not provide any proof. I'm still out of work, a year down the drain. Terminated without warning for something I wasn't even aware I did. Current employees are afraid to lose their jobs, and previous employees had to quickly find another job or remain unemployed. Essentially, it was a bait and switch. The company advertised flexibility and transparency. However, the employee is merely an expendable object.

Advice to Management

Please be transparent and take ownership of failed systems instead of blaming it on the advocates. The way things were handled is shameful. Your morale will never be stable and the current employees don't trust you, but they do fear you .

Square2019-12-30
  6. "Lots of perks, lots of pressure"

Former Employee - Customer Success Advocate

I worked at Square full-time

Pros

Coworkers are nice. Lots of food and great health coverage.

Cons

Constant emphasis on arbitrary and inaccurate metrics. Always changing procedures with poor communication between departments. Will terminate staff at will which creates a tense atmosphere where you feel expendable.

Square2019-10-20

"Too many problems without clear accommodations."

Current Employee - Customer Success Advocate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Square full-time for less than a year

Pros

Accepting of all personality types. Lots of room for advancement.

Cons

The standards you're held will change without any compensation for the increased tasks. Constantly being graded on your ability to give bad news.

Advice to Management

Address your employees on what happens in their day to day instead of coming in to talk about grand ideas for the company. Employees are not your board members and, aren't interested in the new features you plan to implement. They want to know what is expected of them and, what concerns you have tried to mitigate before you make a decision.

Square2019-09-16

"Lack of transparency and hypocrisy"

Current Employee - Customer Success Advocate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Square full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits, free breakfast and lunch every day, compared to other places, great place to work as a minority.

Cons

No transparency. At all. In the last two days, square (Cash App) has fired 55 people for reasons that they aren't even fully disclosing. They claim that these people were not following proper protocol, but none of these people knew that the protocol they were following was incorrect. As another advocate, I am unaware that what these advocates did wrong was wrong, as it has never in the past been made clear to us that this was wrong. Leadership, who turned a blind eye to alleged "rule breaking" is not being held accountable. None of us are even sure we have job security. At this point, the only thing that is clear is that though Square claims to be employee focused and to have our backs, it is like every other corporate company out there and views its employees as disposable.

Advice to Management

Don't make people feel like they're cared about when you're willing to fire them at the drop of a hat. Your hypocrisy speaks volumes. Fix yourself and then fix the people under your leadership. Fire the leads who aren't doing their jobs rather than the advocates who are their victims. The lack of humanity you have shown in the past two days, while pretending to be people-focused is disgusting. Shame on you.

Square2019-09-11

"Great Place to work"

Former Employee - Customer Success Advocate in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Square full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast paced work place with room to grow.

Cons

The industry is changes a lot so some department see a lot of work force changes.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job!

Square2019-07-10