KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Square

Is this your company?

Square

Add a Review

Square Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Jan 23, 2021

Found 36 of over 808 reviews

4.2
Square Founder & CEO Jack Dorsey
Jack Dorsey
Pros
  • "Great work life balance is promised(in 55 reviews)

• "They offer great benefits for their employees while also helping them further in their career(in 36 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Typical growing pains of a new office(in 29 reviews)

• "Work life balance during busy seasons/days(in 25 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Square and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Sep 9, 2020 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong engineering culture, great people, interesting work, great benefits

Cons

Tight deadlines at times, at organization level product focus shifts frequently

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Incredible company, poisonous people

Dec 13, 2020 - Operations in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Incredible CEO that actually cares - great benefits, PTO if your team allows it - empowering mission - some wonderful people, depending on your team

Cons

- ill-equipped and self-serving managers (mine specifically pit teammates against one another, lied consistently, pushed his own failures onto his direct reports, took advantage of members dealing with mental health issues caused by himself and certain members of the team, made sexist and racist comments)

Continue reading
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome company!

Jan 23, 2021 - Senior Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing products and services, great benefits, and they treat all employees incredibly well

Cons

None at this time !

Be the first to find this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Current Employee

okay first job

Jan 21, 2021 - Sales in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and decent pay

Cons

its a corporate business. Take that for what it is.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company , Great People . Really love this place

Jan 25, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great benefits (healthcare is paid 100%, stock program and stock awards, unlimited PTO, flexible WFH, breakfast & lunch, smoothie bar, omelette bar, etc) -Great people. I love the people that I work with. They are so passionate and inclusive. I've worked at companies before that were very cliquey and all based on title, this is definitely not how Square is -Mission driven. We have an overall mission of economic empowerment and transparency. I really feel our mission in our daily work and I feel like it adds so much value to the work we do. -Fun atmosphere, very collaborative, lots of opportunities to work cross functionally. -leadership is supportive of new projects and working with other teams / team members. -Great place to grow and learn. So many resources and people that want to help!

Cons

-Open work environment can be very distracting. I wish there was more of an office feel (I know that not many people would say that) -I think the pay may be on the lower end of big tech in SF. You really have to fight for your comp here and it can be frustrating. -Internally, the promotion/compensation process is not very transparent and it seems like if you don't fight tooth and nail and bring it up every week you'll get passed on and they don't promote people out of the regular promotion cycles very often.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

10 Out of 10

Feb 12, 2020 - Customer Success Advocate in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Although I have just started with Square I have been so excited to be a part of this amazing team. The company really focuses on maintaining its great culture and helping empower their sellers. They offer great benefits for their employees while also helping them further in their career.

Cons

Have not been here long but none so far!

7. 3.0
      Current Employee

It’s okay

Jun 10, 2020 - Customer Service Advocate
      Business Outlook

Pros

The money is great. Benefits.

Cons

Working so hard. Management. Life balance. Working so hard

8. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not What It Seems

Apr 26, 2020 - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits Good on-site food High growth company, with plenty of opportunities

Cons

Lack of employee development Toxic culture (backstabbing, etc.) has me regretting my choice to join Square a year ago High employee turnover as a result of the above (was not aware of this when I joined)

Continue reading
      17 people found this review helpful
    9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

If you're non-technical, this is not the company you think it is

Jan 7, 2020 - Customer Success Advocate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Golden handcuffs - free food, great benefits, 401(k) matching, etc. I never left work later than 6:30.

Cons

CS org was totally mismanaged. It was dissolved in NYC and SF. Internal mobility is a joke. In NYC office, teams are siloed and there's a palpable "pre-IPO" vs "post-IPO" employee split.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee

Great at first.

Mar 4, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work-life balance in some positions. Great benefits and events.

Cons

Absolute lack of leadership ownership.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 36 Reviews