SquareTrade Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Ahmed Khaishgi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • great place for work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Free food, very laid back (maybe manager dependent), pay is average/good, benefits got bumped up recently (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • in management not much work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Divide between customer service reps and rest of company (in 7 reviews)

"Life at SquareTrade"

Former Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Professional growth, opportunities to take on challenging and important roles, and the overall culture of the company

Cons

Average compensation package, extremely fast paced and an ever evolving environment.

Advice to Management

Continue providing superstar employees with opportunities and reward success.

"Fantastic place to work!"

Current Employee - Operations in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SquareTrade full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a really fast-moving, flat organization that really values open communication and collaboration. The culture is great, and they have great respect for work-life balance. My manager is often shooing me out the door whenever I try to stay a bit late to get things done. It's growing fast and has an exciting future, which is fun to be a part of.

Cons

They feed us well, with three meals a week and a fully stocked snack room. Bad for the diet!

"Absolutely amazing place to work."

Current Employee - Customer Care in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Care in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SquareTrade full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Morals, Values, and support for their employees. This company may not have all the bells, whistles, and incentives of others... But for a guy like me that is midway through his career, disenchanted with most corps, and looking to be inspired about his work, I would never look anywhere else. This company cares about the work it does, and it supports it's people. I may be speaking only to my department, and of course there are always a few crappy managers or employees, but on the whole, I LOVE working here.

Cons

None. There are the normal ups and downs with any company, but I get to go home at night feeling like I've actually DONE something. I get recognized for good work, assisted when I'm having issues, and overall, I don't wake up and dread the fact that I'm going to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Good Work!

"Love SquareTrade!"

I have been working at SquareTrade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+ Love the culture
    + What can I say? We get fed 3 times a week with a fully stocked kitchen

Cons

- Be prepared to put in as many hours as needed to finish your work.
    - The company is moving rapidly-- sometimes changes are not communicated to everyone within the company

"Finally, a rewarding job and positive company"

I have been working at SquareTrade full-time

Pros

SquareTrade has been a wonderful place to grow my career. The culture is open, friendly and smart. Employees are set up for success and challenged to develop their skills and strengths. I look forward to going to work each day to laugh with co-workers, make an impact in my job and know that I'm part of a growing, successful company. The company is not too big that I feel anonymous, and not too small that no process or structure is in place. In fact, it's the perfect size for ambitious people to learn, grow and be successful.

Cons

We're on the 6th floor (of a beautiful new office building), so sometimes we have to stop at every floor before getting to work. That is a lot of elevator awkwardness to endure...

Advice to Management

Continue creating the positive culture that you have set in motion!

"Rapid Growth w/o Drama"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SquareTrade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

lots of perks like snacks, all-company lunches/breakfasts, occasional company-sponsored happy hours. since no one has an office (not even execs) there are more opportunities to talk to ppl at all levels of the organization. office is in a really, really convenient place too!

Cons

some standard growing pains that come with the territory (sometimes info isn't disseminated as quickly or as thoroughly as one would like), though leadership is making visible attempts at alleviating those pains as much as possible.

Advice to Management

Keep getting better at sharing information with employees (for better and for worse)...we appreciate getting filled in and it makes it easier to do our jobs well!

"Going places..."

I have been working at SquareTrade full-time

Pros

Great culture and environment, smart and hard working co-workers, lots of opportunities for advancement at all levels for talented people. Good business model that is very successful.

Cons

hard work sometimes gets under-recognized
    changing priorities can lead to chaos

Advice to Management

get better about sharing the overall strategy with the team

"Great Place To Work"

I have been working at SquareTrade full-time

Pros

Great exposure to the end to end service experience and plenty of responsibility placed on individuals. That means it is an ideal place if you are willing to work hard and learn and grow. Great exposure to some very smart senior leaders as well if you are willing to go above and beyond to contribute.

Cons

No cons except for those typical to a fast growing early to mid stage company.

Advice to Management

Some more planning but that is not surprising given its a company that is seeing exponential growth year over year.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SquareTrade full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance for engineers. Management always putting me in a position for growth. Interviewees are screened well; so everyone is a good cultural fit. Easy to ask for time-off. Compensation is competitive.

Cons

Company is evolving and trying to improve its processes, so once you start getting used to something, it might change. Nice tho, because at first process was lacking

"Still solid"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SquareTrade (More than a year)

Pros

Colleagues are top notch and management is willing to give you as much responsibility as you've proven you can shoulder.
    Great environment to drive impact and start or grow your career.
    Leaders of SquareTrade are willing to make difficult decisions. When things are broken, they try to fix them.
    Awesome opportunities ahead of us in the International market.
    Peer support and peer recognition - people make this place awesome

Cons

Need more empowerment and autonomy.
    Squaretrade isn't for everyone. People who thrive here tend to deal well with ambiguity, look to add value vs "do their job", and work damn hard. The bar is high.

Advice to Management

Trust that you have the right people in place and let their expertise shine, because when it does, you get an amazing product/service that you constantly brag about.