St. Anthony's Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
St. Anthony's Medical Center Chief Executive Officer Michael E. Rindler
Michael E. Rindler

Pros
  • Great work environment, great co-workers, good team work (in 3 reviews)

• Many in leadership positions are good and care about what they do, working hard to make a difference (in 3 reviews)

"Off to work I go..."

Current Employee - Worker in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Worker in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at St. Anthony's Medical Center part-time

Pros

I feel the different departments within the hospital work well together. The family rate for insurance covers any amount of dependants you have. Company offers educational classes to help those who may not be skilled at programs such as Excel. Also there is a *new* daycare right across the street ran by the hospital and they offer discounts for employees.

Cons

The pay scale isn't the highest in our area, nor are our benefits great.

Advice to Management

The nurses are NOT the most important workers on the floors and they need to know that. They are completely integral to the hospital, but they get better treatment, pay and recognition. It can make the other roles in healthcare feel like the "little people". We all know who get stepped on.

2. "REgistered Nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at St. Anthony's Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They offer a pretty flexibe schedule and good starting salary. They have the highest night differential in the area! Really awesome co-workers.

Cons

Sometimes the patient load is too much and for a new nurse, you sometimes feel like you don't have adequate support.

Advice to Management

Start your new nurses out a little slower, no one likes to feel thrown to the sharks.

3. "Touchpoint Needs a lot of work"

Current Employee - Food Service in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Food Service in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at St. Anthony's Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overtime, no late nights, food is pretty good.

Cons

Paychecks are Always wrong, high turnover, racism, favoritism, clock in system is the worst, manager is fake and feed lies, management and leads are Lazy, workers are rude and paychecks are always wrong.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring teenagers that can only work 1 day week. Actually pay employees. Hopefully when mercy takes over they get rid of management.

5. "Great"

Current Employee - Non-clinical in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Non-clinical in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at St. Anthony's Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Everyone has shared vision. Coworkers are great to work with.

Cons

Stand alone hospital struggling to get payers to treat us fairly.

Advice to Management

No advice.

"DO NOT WORK HERE"

Former Employee - Nutrition in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Nutrition in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at St. Anthony's Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I got paid on time.

Cons

Demoralizing environment. I have never been treated so poorly in my entire life. My director and manager were incompetent and never stood up for the employees. I am so glad that I got out of this place!

Advice to Management

Leave so that SAMC can start with some fresh faces.

"RN"

Current Employee - Charge RN in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Charge RN in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Very busy hospital, with a lot of experience to be had. Great Doctors. There is a variety of shifts to choose from, and many overtimes shifts available to work.

Cons

Too many new and inexperienced nurses. Seems everyone in every department feels over worked, stressed, and defeated.

If you work nightshift, be prepared to wait your entire lunch break in line waiting for a sandwich. Little food to choose from in Cafe'. They are always out of everything, and short staffed.

Advice to Management

Work with employees more regarding time needed off. There is no giving and taking....everything is black and white, nothing is personalized to reflect any caring on the managements part.
    Some Departments have too many new grads. They are inexperienced, sassy, and most do not have any intentions of staying long term.

Feed your nightshift people....treat them the same as day shift. And stop making smaller portions more expensive.

"Certified Nursing Assistant"

Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Lakewood, CO

Pros

I am a hard worker,I love being around the public and I also love working with patients. I like to make a difference in some ones life, and being a CNA I can do that by being there when some one is going through a rough time.

Cons

I don't like drama I try to stay away from that. Some times you have to work long hours, and I rather be home after work, but I can adjust to long hours.

"RN"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at St. Anthony's Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Easy commute. Nice community. Good people work there. New wing is more modern in appearance than rest of the hospital.

Cons

Rapid and frequent administration changes. Patient satisfaction and outcome scores terribly poor. No good leadership development plan in place. Looses top clinical performers to other hospitals.

Advice to Management

Keep your talent and support your team

10. "BSN, RN"

Current Employee - RN-BSN in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - RN-BSN in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Smaller St. Louis Hospital. Easy to get to know everyone.

Cons

Friends of Managers/Supervisors receive promotions and a "look the other way" by said managers and supervisors when behaving poorly.
    From floor staff to Directors, gross internal miscommunication regarding a multitude of issues.

Advice to Management

Engage your staff. Encourage all of them. If they trust you, they will work hard for you and the unit.

11. "Great Srarter"

Former Employee - Systems Support Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Systems Support Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

There was a lot to learn at first and is a great entry into the healthcare IT world. Great benefits. Great pay for an entry level position.

Cons

no room for advancement. once you are on the help desk, no matter how good you may be it is nearly impossible to get out of that role. there is no junior Admin roles to move into to advance your own career without moving to a new company.

Advice to Management

create a career path for advancement. There just needs to be some junior level positions to use as a stepping stone to move into more advanced roles