St. Christopher's Hospital for Children Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

Pros
  • Some teams are very interactive with competent doctors, social workers, case managers and nurses (in 2 reviews)

• Dedicated staff, rewarding patient population, excellent team to be a member of at the employee level (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • They don't provide professional staff with the tools they need to get the job done (in 2 reviews)

• For the three months I was there, it was very obvious that staff in many departments simply did not have enough help to meet the demand (in 2 reviews)

1. "e"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children (More than a year)

Pros

helping children with disability that can cause life problems in the future and that they always have support because volunteers work there

Cons

not enough pay the doctors and employees always quit the dont; let you know when something is going on in the hospital no communitcation

Advice to Management

consider employees more give incentives to hourly employees come up with ways to make it a community

2. "Salary"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Union in now so salary little better except for case managers. Still negotiations

Cons

Staffing ratios are bad. Keep adding more and more duties to your day but no more staff.

Advice to Management

Bring yourself down to our level and help with daily work flow. Don't just demand and threaten.

3. "Nursing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Pros

Small hospital located in the city. Community hospital feel.

Cons

Hospital location. Benefits are costly.

4. "50 / 50"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

I have been working at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people and the atmosphere at St. Chris is family oriented. Every time you walk through the door you feel that you are a part of a family, working to make a difference in the community.

Cons

The senior leadership are not involved with the daily operations of the organization. The phrase "the patients are running the asylum" comes to mind, and with senior leadership taking a step back, there is no one to look toward for advice/guidance.

Advice to Management

Utilize your resources, take control, and invest in your employees. St. Chris has the ability to be something great - if they do not lose all of their best employees first.

"It's a drain to show up on more than half the days"

Current Employee - PNP in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - PNP in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Not as bad as it seems on most days. Located in a needy part of the city. The families need the services provided by the hospital.

Cons

The hospital management "just don't do right". They are so reactive. They don't address employee issues proactively. Some managers/ administrators are well past their sell by dates. They don't provide professional staff with the tools they need to get the job done
    They don't have behavioral health services or dermatology

Advice to Management

Some of you need to resign. Others need to go take classes/training on management techniques. Local ownership

6. "I'm Ready"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The employees are professional and will work with you.

Cons

Good people are leaving and responsibilities are have doubled up.

7. "Communication specialist"

Current Employee - EMT-Basic in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - EMT-Basic in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

I love the people I meet. Seeing the kids who we help! Talking to certain facilities the nurses and doctors are awesome.

Cons

Watching abused kids come in. The codes come thru the doors.

Advice to Management

I am a very fast learner. I am a hard worker and I am also on time for my shift.

"Patient access rep"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My department is awesome, we laugh together ,we cry together, we get mad at each other only for a moment , celebrate the holidays and always pull together and work hard truly is a work family ,

Cons

The hospital it self just not sure which way it's going 🤔 High turn around rate , benefits are awful

Advice to Management

Get it together .... People are watching

"St. Christopher's Hospital for Children"

I have been working at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children full-time

Pros

Pediatric Hospital. Mission to provide heathcare services to the community and indigent population.

Cons

Extremely high management and senior administration turnover. Stressful culture. More and more expected with little or no reward/acknowledgement.

Advice to Management

Develop a realistic and sensible short term and long term strategic and operations plan. Develop skills of managers, build morale, and provide rewards and recognition.

10. "Horrible"

Current Employee - Charge Entry Specialist in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Charge Entry Specialist in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

A few great underpaid employees who are trying to stick around to see a change. Some great physicians and residents.

Cons

Everything! Dirty, some rude staff, and once you are hired be ready to take on your job duties plus more!

Advice to Management

Pay your employees! And get rid of the rude and lazy employees