St. Christopher's Hospital for Children Reviews | Glassdoor

St. Christopher's Hospital for Children Reviews

Updated Oct 7, 2019

3.1
St. Christopher's Hospital for Children Interim Chief Executive Officer George Rizzuto
George Rizzuto

"Shut it down, their about profits and not patients!"

Former Employee - ICU RN in Phila, PA

I worked at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children full-time

Pros

A patient care population in need but they could receive the best care at the number one Children's Hospital in the country that's in Philadelphia; CHOP.

Cons

The senior leadership are not involved period. Most of their day is spent trying to keep their jobs, especially in the incompetent department of nursing administration. Can care less about the Hispanic and African-American population which are many times referred to "those people" and worse.

Advice to Management

Do yourself a favor and stop lying to patients, staff, and the government. Stop your corrupt business practices and stop billing Medicaid for services and outcome not rendered.

St. Christopher's Hospital for Children2016-09-09
  2. "50 / 50"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

I have been working at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people and the atmosphere at St. Chris is family oriented. Every time you walk through the door you feel that you are a part of a family, working to make a difference in the community.

Cons

The senior leadership are not involved with the daily operations of the organization. The phrase "the patients are running the asylum" comes to mind, and with senior leadership taking a step back, there is no one to look toward for advice/guidance.

Advice to Management

Utilize your resources, take control, and invest in your employees. St. Chris has the ability to be something great - if they do not lose all of their best employees first.

St. Christopher's Hospital for Children2016-08-15
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "RN Clinical Coordinator"

Former Employee - Clinical Coordinator in Langhorne, PA

I worked at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Dedicated doctors and nurses who go above and beyond for the patients. Teamwork is exceptional!

Cons

Corporate management is a joke. Owned by a corporation who has no idea nor do they care what is going on in this institution. It's all about the money. If they aren't making money, they do huge cuts to budgets. This hurts the children that this hospital serves. They will eventually run it in to the ground.

Advice to Management

Tenet needs to find a local buyer and get out of Philadelphia. Let St. Christopher's be great once again! I was a patient there 50 years ago and because of the wonderful care I received, I have no scars from serious burns. The parents of Philadelphia want that care brought back again!

St. Christopher's Hospital for Children2016-07-13
  5. "Director of Research, Pediatrics"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I worked at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great, dedicated staff. Extremely ethical mission.

Cons

Corporate ownership across the country and healthcare economics orientation interferes with the mission.

Advice to Management

Stand up to the corporate administration.

St. Christopher's Hospital for Children2016-06-25
  6. "I'm Ready"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The employees are professional and will work with you.

Cons

Good people are leaving and responsibilities are have doubled up.

St. Christopher's Hospital for Children2016-06-24
  7. "Communication specialist"

Current Employee - EMT-Basic in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

I love the people I meet. Seeing the kids who we help! Talking to certain facilities the nurses and doctors are awesome.

Cons

Watching abused kids come in. The codes come thru the doors.

Advice to Management

I am a very fast learner. I am a hard worker and I am also on time for my shift.

St. Christopher's Hospital for Children2016-05-12

"Management not supportive"

Registered Nurse

I worked at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children

Pros

Great coworkers, good culture, needed in community

Cons

No support from management; difficult to develop professionally; unsafe; understaffed

St. Christopher's Hospital for Children2016-05-10

"Nurse Practitioner"

I worked at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children

Pros

The staff and faculty are Very dedicated to the children.

Cons

The turnover is high and the continue with the same plans.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people!

St. Christopher's Hospital for Children2016-04-23
  10. "No a lot of team players but a lot of I and me."

I worked at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children

Pros

The helping families and coworkers.

Cons

Management, structure of policy and procedures are not followed. Nurses are the backbone to the facility and all other departments are not as important. At the end of the day it's business nothing personal or maybe it is alittle.

Advice to Management

Work together as a team.. And it will be successful. The service that is being provided is getting sloppy. When things don't work out blame it on this department or someone else.

St. Christopher's Hospital for Children2016-05-17

"CMA"

I worked at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children

Pros

steady work hours and/or schedules. Aside form that nothing.

Cons

Working at the outpatient Urology, General Surgery, Neuro Surgery and Plastics was a nightmare. We were always understaffed, people either called out , left early or took extended lunch breaks (1-2 Hrs). The site Manager and Supervisor did nothing to address the complaints relating to the extended lunch breaks. If one dept was short and another dept had free staff they would not help out. From Front end Staff to providers, everything was a mess. Providers were rude and disrespectful. Will never return there. Lastly the pay is very low.

Advice to Management

Human Resources need to pay closer attention to the complaints receive by their employees while employed and during exit interviewing. HR needs to stop assuming that just because someone is A Dr.. NP, RN etc that does not mean they aren't capable of having poor work ethics. Rules need to be reinforced.

St. Christopher's Hospital for Children2016-05-12