St. Coletta of Wisconsin Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Great Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jefferson, WI

I have been working at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The culture at St. Coletta is something that I've never felt before. There is no denying the fact that when you are hired at St. Coletta you become part of an extended family. A family that takes great interest in your well being, livelihood, and overall happiness.

Cons

Work can be demanding, however the reward of working with persons served far outweighs the negative. Leaders and co-workers response to the demands of the industry also helps in balancing responsibilities.

Advice to Management

We are very fortunate to have a management team that understands the importance of continuing to push the organization forward. Continue on!

Aug 23, 2017

Thank you so much for such a great review!

2. "A great place to work with a growing organization!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jefferson, WI

I have been working at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Pay Rate (St. Coletta of Wisconsin increased all employees rate by 30% in 2016, the starting rate for direct support staff is $13.00 going up with experience).
    - The Clients (Having worked with a wide variety of individuals with a variety of diagnosis in a variety of companies, this is important. St. Coletta ensures that our clients are safe towards each other as well as towards employees. Plus they're a lot of fun to work with! ).
    - Work Life Balance (Working for St. Colettaa has been life changing. The opportunity to have a life outside of work is there which is not always the case when working in this field.)
    - The Culture ( The culture at St. Coletta is so different from anything else in the area. Everyone really is a family here.)

Cons

While this really isn't a con it's something to be aware of. Expectations are high. With the recent increase in wage, the expectations of our employees has gone up as well.

Aug 25, 2017

We are glad that you enjoy working at St. Coletta! Thank you for the wonderful review!

3. "It's in the People!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jefferson, WI

I have been working at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

"It's in the People" is St. Coletta's tagline, and it sums up what we're all about...People. I've been here five years, and can honestly say that I'm excited to come to work every day. It's challenging but extremely rewarding, and there is great potential for advancement. I feel like I'm making the world a better place, and I have a lot of fun doing it!

Cons

Located in rural Jefferson, Wisconsin

Aug 25, 2017

We're grateful for your continued dedication to the St. Coletta Mission! Thank you!

4. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Jefferson, WI
    Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Jefferson, WI

I have been working at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy the culture at St. Coletta! Everyone has been very friendly and positive. I appreciate the plethora of activities/events for both staff and clients. The St. Coletta team continually has an event on the horizon and shares in the experience. I've enjoyed the team approach to problem solving in my department and feel that the Company as a whole has good structure.

Cons

I really cannot think of one at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Aug 25, 2017

Next activity is the Dash for Disabilities followed by a week full week of DSP Appreciation starting September 10th! Thank you for the review!

5. "Residential Coordinator"

I have been working at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time

Pros

Awesome people to work with. The training is excellent and the pay is good for this field of work.

Cons

To continue to look at improving as a company.

Thank you!

6. "Amazing Organization w Good Values"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jefferson, WI

I have been working at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with St. Coletta for over six years and have seen so many wonderful changes that it would be difficult to list them all! In the past 18 months we've seen significant and positive changes in pay structure, employee benefits, and the overall culture at St. Coletta.

Cons

I love working here because of the people, the clients, the mission, and the values.

Aug 23, 2017

Thank you so much for the great review!

7. "DSP"

Former Employee - DSP in Arlington Heights, IL
    Former Employee - DSP in Arlington Heights, IL

I worked at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clients are great, some challenging but mostly a joy to work with.

Cons

Management is TERRIBLE! They play favorites and are overall burnt out leading to cut corners and making questionable decisions putting clients, staff and ethics at risk. The WI based company puts cost and branding above individualized care and are disrespectful to their long time devoted employees.

Advice to Management

Clean slate. Quit rehiring poor performing employees because of personal relationships. Quit letting go of the people actually trying to be consistent and make a difference.

Aug 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. I am sorry you had a negative experience with St. Coletta of WI. While I don’t know your personal situation, I can tell you that our employee... More

8. "Ok until burnout"

I worked at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time

Pros

Working with the clients and coworkers

Cons

Restructuring of management has made the company less client focused.

Advice to Management

Look to employees for suggestions on how to become more client centered.

9. "I've experienced my share of challenges, but overall I like my job!"

Current Employee - DSP in Jefferson, WI

I have been working at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful clients, wise, practical, problem solving CEO, all DSPs were given a $3/hr raise, on site training, inspiring history -- the sisters were ahead of their time in their treatment of individuals with disabilities, maintenance is very responsive to work requests, and decent benefits.

Cons

Management plays favorites at times, catty coworkers, health insurance is quite pricey after paying premiums, deductibles, and co-pays, and a error laden, unreliable payroll system. Most importantly, for a humanistic organization, certain management and human resources personnel are consistently rude and unprofessional, yet for unknown reasons are allowed to behave this way.

Advice to Management

Get rid of all employees with poor attitudes and behavior that is not in line with the St. Coletta mission!Rude, condescending behavior has no place here! I won't single anyone out, but anyone with eyes and ears should know exactly which (2) employees I'm referring to. They do not discriminate, treating everyone from subordinates to management to clients poorly! If their behaviors indicate that they don't like working with people, they should be shown the door!

10. "DSP"

Current Employee - DSP in Jefferson, WI

I have been working at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The clients and my co-workers

Cons

The management and the advancement

Advice to Management

Get your facts straight before accusing staff