St. Coletta of Wisconsin Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "I've experienced my share of challenges, but overall I like my job!"

Current Employee - DSP in Jefferson, WI

I have been working at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful clients, wise, practical, problem solving CEO, all DSPs were given a $3/hr raise, on site training, inspiring history -- the sisters were ahead of their time in their treatment of individuals with disabilities, maintenance is very responsive to work requests, and decent benefits.

Cons

Management plays favorites at times, catty coworkers, health insurance is quite pricey after paying premiums, deductibles, and co-pays, and a error laden, unreliable payroll system. Most importantly, for a humanistic organization, certain management and human resources personnel are consistently rude and unprofessional, yet for unknown reasons are allowed to behave this way.

Advice to Management

Get rid of all employees with poor attitudes and behavior that is not in line with the St. Coletta mission!Rude, condescending behavior has no place here! I won't single anyone out, but anyone with eyes and ears should know exactly which (2) employees I'm referring to. They do not discriminate, treating everyone from subordinates to management to clients poorly! If their behaviors indicate that they don't like working with people, they should be shown the door!

2. "Ok until burnout"

I worked at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time

Pros

Working with the clients and coworkers

Cons

Restructuring of management has made the company less client focused.

Advice to Management

Look to employees for suggestions on how to become more client centered.

3. "DSP"

Current Employee - DSP in Jefferson, WI

I have been working at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The clients and my co-workers

Cons

The management and the advancement

Advice to Management

Get your facts straight before accusing staff

"Great Clents!"

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Jefferson, WI
    Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Jefferson, WI

I have been working at St. Coletta of Wisconsin part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The clients are great. Where else can you go to work and get hugs everyday!
    Benefits are not bad.

Cons

Management is terrible. They turn a blind eye to some bad things going on here. Clients go to day programming in a falling apart basement. While management sits upstairs in nice comfy offices.

Advice to Management

Figure out what the real problems are in Excel and you might have better luck keeping staff.

6. "DSP"

Former Employee - DSP in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - DSP in Chicago, IL

I worked at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

GREAT clients, houses are clean and somewhat well maintained

Cons

Management is terrible, no consistency, poor communication, NO compassion.

Advice to Management

Learn mission statement and re-evaluate employee relations/actions. Consistency.

7. "I wish I had never started there!"

Former Employee - DSP
    Former Employee - DSP

I worked at St. Coletta of Wisconsin (More than a year)

Pros

The training is great! I gained a lot in my training that I have been able to take with elsewhere.

Cons

1. The pay is not competitive enough for the kind of work we did.

2. Managers hide things when State is due to come in for reviews.

3. Saw documents falsified with incorrect data, but employee was kept on board. If State had seen what this employee had done, she would have been fired immediately!

4. Manager was not very good at conflict resolution between employees, and talked about other employees behind their backs. Not very professional at all!

5. Due to the high turnover at STC, the amount of overtime was insane! It was nothing for an employee who agreed to OT to work 80 to 90 hrs a week!! If you started turning down OT, you weren't as "favored" as those who accepted OT all the time.

Advice to Management

Increase your pay to a minimum of $12/hr to make the job more competitive with like businesses in the area. This could also help keep employees on board and help reduce the huge turnover rate!

Teach managers better skills in conflict resolution.

Treat employees the same, whether they do OT or not!

Keep up the awesome work in your training!!

8. "St. Coletta"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jefferson, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jefferson, WI

I have been working at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The clients make everyday worthwhile. There are a lot of great employees that will bend over backwards to help anybody out.

Cons

The company has undergone many managerial changes. There is too much emphasis on getting things done now instead of getting things done the right way. The HR department is absurd. They don't answer phone calls or address any of the employees' concerns. They are more concerned with making themselves look good than supporting the organization or its employees. DSPs are overworked and underpaid.

Advice to Management

Take some time to listen to the staff that are there. Address their concerns.

9. "You do it for the residents"

Former Employee - Home Care Coordinator in Arlington Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Home Care Coordinator in Arlington Heights, IL

I worked at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing residents, and flex time

Cons

Heavily based on fransican values, so even though the residents are all adults; they never get to be adults.

Advice to Management

Better hiring practices, more benefits, and stop talking about how it's just a job that pays the bills.

10. "Direct Support Professional"

Former Employee - Logistics in Jefferson, WI
    Former Employee - Logistics in Jefferson, WI

I worked at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rewarding and important work that you could look forward to every day. I loved supporting my client's life as they strived for the best of their abilities

Cons

Poor pay, and the company was always willing to overwork you. It got to a point with me that they simply started to not ask because I was with such a stressful client that after 40 hrs per week, I was emotionally exhausted.

Advice to Management

Increase your pay rate and you might find better candidates and experience less turnover. I saw a lot of waste at the top of the organization.

11. "Great experience!"

Current Employee - DSP in Jefferson, WI

I have been working at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits package, great co-workers, leave work everyday feeling good about myself and the work I do! Aside from competitive health, dental and vision benefits they also offer 3 weeks of vacation right off the bat. There is also a lot of overtime available for weeks when I need some extra cash :)

Cons

Bad days can be stressful but the good days outweigh the bad days by far. Every so often I have to work with a co-worker that I don't really get along with but that's life and you'll run into that everywhere in this field. Compared to other DSP positions that I've had in the past, this company is one of the best!

Advice to Management

Instead of designating MLK day and Presidents day as holidays, maybe give two floating holidays for DSP who don't normally work on Mondays?