St. John & Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 1, 2019

Found 20 reviews

4.1
Dan St. John
  1. "Very thankful for this place."

I have been working at St. John & Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked at other agencies before as well as a few corporate companies and can honestly say this place is special. And no, no one within the agency has asked me to write this. I can just tell you, having been in the workforce now for about 20 years, I've never actually looked forward this much to going to work everyday. I actually like the people I work with a lot. The office space is awesome. And on top of competitive...

Cons

Again, no one has asked me to say this, but I don't really feel there are any significant cons to working at SJP. I've worked at much worse places and those experiences have left me very thankful for SJP regardless of any shortcomings they may have. There's no perfect place to work. And it's been my experience that those who complain the most are usually the ones who are never happy wherever they go.

Advice to Management

Thank you for hard work and sacrificing for all of us.

St. John & Partners2019-01-01
  2. "Good work life balance"

I have been working at St. John & Partners full-time

Pros

Fun people, creative work environment

Cons

Lack of communication at times

St. John & Partners2018-10-18
    • "Great agency in the South!"

I have been working at St. John & Partners full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Wellness Day dedicated to our healthy selves. An entire day dedicated to our physical, mental and emotional happiness. My work hours are flexible. We work hard but we have time off to play hard with our friends and family. I work on good interesting accounts and I'm constantly learning. Many more perks. Beautiful new office space. If I raise money for the charity that I support, they match my earnings dollar for...

Cons

The coffee machine keeps breaking. There are a couple of employees that are constantly negative. They should leave.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. I like to be included in #sjplife meetings and being a part of making this place great.

St. John & Partners2018-08-08
    • "Great Place"

I have been working at St. John & Partners full-time

Pros

PTO, parties, people, flexible schedules, awesome location

Cons

people tend to get cliquey

St. John & Partners2017-11-03
      • "Great Place to Work"

I worked at St. John & Partners full-time

Pros

Can always ask questions and great PTO

Cons

There is some office drama.

St. John & Partners2017-04-28

"Look elsewhere....."

I have been working at St. John & Partners for more than a year

Pros

-The office always has a fully stocked snack cabinet, unlimited coffee, and unlimited office supplies -The company offers a generous amount of PTO and the flexibility of the agency lifestyle is appealing

Cons

-This place is literally a clique. If you are not considered an "insider" you are shunned and left in an uncomfortable office situation - Everyone talks bad about each other behind their backs. This office is an actual example of a sorority house (the not-so-good "catty" ones) -They overwork people and offer low salaries -Terrible reputation outside of their walls -Promotion and opportunity to grow in the company...

Advice to Management

Your employee turnover happens for a reason. Take a hint.

St. John & Partners2016-11-30
      • "Senior Account Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at St. John & Partners for more than 10 years

Pros

Management provided all of the tools to do your job; great coworkers who were committed to giving 110% for the client and to each other; work space designed to foster creativity and collaboration; good internal awards programs where coworkers could honor colleagues who went above and beyond what was expected

Cons

While work-life balance was preached, it wasn't always practiced; some employees were favored over others, allowing bad behaviors to be dismissed for a few without repercussions; too much focus on drinking alcohol at frequent staff parties during or after work; relatively low pay compared to competitive set led to continuous turnover

Advice to Management

You;ve built a good culture of being like an extended family by bringing field employees in for quarterly meetings and other events, keep it up. No need to make the staff meetings like a frat party.

St. John & Partners2016-09-28
      • "Great Place To Work!"

I have been working at St. John & Partners full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Agency management is GREAT to employees. They genuinely care about the people. Family culture. Good clients. Good work in sunny Florida!

Cons

Every company on the planet has cons. There will always be nay sayers and negative people. I don't have a con. They aren't perfect, but their intent is to make this place smart, creative, and fun.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Good to see Florida agencies grow!

St. John & Partners2016-06-28
      • "Creative"

Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at St. John & Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Lots of alcohol & parties - free dinner & occasional gift card compensation for working 4 days without sleep

Cons

-no growth opportunities for creative -no real management or support for creative -"head" creatives don't know basic programs -Sorority/fraternity mentality & cliques -"best place to work" awards are all "voted" by pressuring the employees to answer surveys to give them a reason to drink a 9am

Advice to Management

Believe it or not young employees want to produce good work, not just party. Stop letting the same 3 people stay late every night. You see it, you know it's happening. Do something about it.

St. John & Partners2015-11-16
      • "Perfect Marketing Firm Experience"

I worked at St. John & Partners

Pros

Working here as an awesome experience! Worked for SJP in their offices as a contractor, but was treated as any company would treat a full time employee.

Cons

There were no cons while working with SJP.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing.

St. John & Partners2015-09-21