KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Chair, President and CEO James Downing
James Downing
Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Honestly the best place I have ever worked

May 14, 2021 - Clinical Research Associate II in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture and support offered at SJCRH are like no other in the industry. They encourage professional growth and work/life balance and still manage to carry out an amazing mission - curing catastrophic diseases in children!

Cons

My only "con" is that I didn't apply here in the beginning of my career!

Human Resources

What a great review to read! We're so glad that you feel supported and recognize the professional growth opportunities that exist. We encourage all those who have questions about their upward mobility to contact HR so they can better identify opportunities for themselves. We're so glad that you made your way to us and are thrilled that you are thriving. Thank you for your dedication to our mission and our patients!

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Learned a lot, can take ownership of what you do, people are nice to work with

Jul 21, 2021 - Clinical Trial Coordinator in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are very nice, learned a lot, can take ownership of what you do

Cons

The town itself is unattractive, has a lot of crimes, dirty. They should hire more people in remote as nobody wants to move there.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thanks so much for your review! We hope you are enjoying sunny San Diego. In keeping with our founder Danny Thomas' dream that we all work alongside one another to accomplish our mission, we currently aim to have many of our employees here in Memphis, though we have begun offering many more remote and work-from-home options for our employees. We are sorry that you found Memphis not to your liking, but the location allows us to best fulfill Danny's vision that no child be denied treatment based on race, religion, or the family's ability to pay. Thank you for your years of dedication.

3. 5.0
    Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Contract

Feb 23, 2021 - Clinical Research Coordinator in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Hours, great communication, leadership, management, culture

Cons

Can be behind the industry, limited scope

Human Resources

Hi! Thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad that you enjoyed your time here at St. Jude.

4. 4.0

St. Jude

Aug 30, 2020 - Clinical Research Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

A very family oriented company. Great mentors within the institution.

Cons

Salary and ability to be promoted within the institution. It’s also a very “who you know” type of environment.

Human Resources

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review of your experience at St. Jude. We are glad that you feel supported and mentored in your role! If you'd like to learn more about promotion and compensation, please reach out to either Talent Acquisition or Compensation, both housed within Human Resources. There will be someone with whom you can review your career ladder and trajectory. It is our wish that everyone work hard towards our mission, so if you feel that there are members of your team that do not share these same values, please consider discussing your situation with Employee Relations. Our success depends on all of us. Thank you!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I've never felt so valued as an employee, as I do at St. Jude.

May 1, 2020 - Clinical Research Associate in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pros of working here cannot simply be summed up in one review, but I'll give it a shot. -Our Mission -Salary -Communication from management and our CEO -Excellent time off and retirement benefits -Fantastic Insurance Plan -The Best Co-workers, which really are like family

Cons

As far as cons, I can't say anything about St. Jude itself. I wasn't too keen on moving to Memphis at first; I wouldn't have even put it on my top 20 cities to move to. However, once arriving in Memphis, I've found it a lot nicer and safer than statistics show. Not to mention, the cost of living is impeccable.

Human Resources

Welcome to Memphis! We're very glad that you're enjoying the city so far, but disappointed that you're missing out on your first Memphis in May festivals! Please join the "New to Memphis" Yammer group if you haven't already, if you need some suggestions or guidance. Thank you for your recognition of so many of our benefits. We hope that you'll enjoy them for many years to come!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

I'm in my 19th year of employment and it feels like 5!

Apr 30, 2020 - Clinical Dietitian in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Having the opportunity to work with the children and their families is the most rewarding aspect of my job. I often tell families I am here to walk this journey beside them and to help them make sure their child grows - sounds cliché, but is true.

Cons

Some days are tough - when a family receives bad news it affects us all.

Human Resources

Hello! It doesn't sound cliche at all! We are happy that our patients and their families have someone like you to share their journey. Thank you for being so sensitive to the needs of our kids and being an ally in their fight!

7. 5.0

St. Jude Cares About Employees

Apr 30, 2020 - Clinical Research Associate in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dedicated, motivated, caring, saving children

Cons

Can be stressful at times

Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We agree that the mission of "Finding Cures. Saving Children." is a definite pro and should always be at the forefront of our operations. Your work as a CRA is valuable and wonderful and we appreciate your service of over 10 years!

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Nice place to work with

Feb 27, 2020 - Clinical Protocol Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

people are very friendly. promote family culture

Cons

city is under developed. trouble hiring people from outside of the city

Talent Experience Advisor

Thank you for leaving us a review! We are so glad that you approved of the culture here at St. Jude! Memphis, like many other cities, has its pros and cons, but as hiring managers and recruiters, we take notice of all of the great successes that Memphis has enjoyed and how the city can suit a new employee and his or her family. We also promote the low cost of living, lack of state income tax, and affordable housing.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Work

Oct 17, 2019 - Clinical Research Associate-RN in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic Benefits Meaningful and important work Excellent co-workers and management Always shown appreciation and focus on work/life balance Feel very valued

Cons

I can't think of anything except at this point in time parking can be a bit challenging, however they are addressing this in creative short term solutions, while working on long term solutions.

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Response

We're happy that you feel valued and appreciated in your role and at St. Jude! It is our honor to keep St. Jude unique and special. Our hope is that our patients, families, and employees continue to offer us ideas and suggestions so that we will always remain the special place that we are.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Oct 18, 2019 - Clinical Research Associate in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with a great team of CRAs, the work culture here is amazing. I love how St. Jude recognizes the importance of work life balance and constantly find ways to relieve stress at work with little perks here and there. Very supportive immigration team! They are awesome. I particularly love how the immigration team came to welcome us during orientation/1st day at work. I have an amazing boss, I love how we work together to find cures and advance the treatment of childhood cancer! I love St. Jude!

Cons

Hiring process can take awhile, so please be patient.

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Response

Wow! Thank you for your heartfelt recognition of our immigration team! They truly are top-notch and work tirelessly on behalf of our employees to secure support and assistance for them and their families. Our CRAs are a great group, thanks to the diligence of our recruiting and sourcing teams. Thank you for your note about the hiring process; we always seek ways to improve and speed up the process while ensuring that we take all the necessary steps. We're thrilled that you enjoy your work and management, but above all, that you embrace our mission of Finding Cures. Saving Children.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 30 Reviews