KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Chair, President and CEO James Downing
James Downing
Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

St. Jude is the true City of Angels

Sep 29, 2020 - Executive Assistant in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Faculty and Staff are caring, kind and considerate of everyone, and the patients are the best

Cons

I have no cons about St. Jude. But , if I have to choose 1, it will be that there's not a St. Jude in every city across the world

Human Resources

Wow! Your cons aren't so bad! While we can't exist in every city, we do freely share our research so that institutions around the world benefit from our work. Through St. Jude Global, we're able to reach many developing nations that might not otherwise have access to our the breadth of our research. It's our hope that if we can't be everywhere, we can at least lend a hand everywhere. Thank you for your review!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Hope to be here until I retire

Sep 9, 2020 - Executive Assistant in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at St. Jude in any capacity allows you to be part of something that is so important to so many families. There is so much hope and caring that you can't help but want to do everything in your power to be a great employee. My managers care about me and want to see me advance my career. Benefits are awesome!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Human Resources

What a touching title to read! It's very gratifying that you enjoy it so much that you'd like to stay until retirement. We're glad that you feel appreciated and supported. Thank you for many joyous years and here's to many more!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

There is no better place to work! Greatest President & CEO, Dr. James Downing!

Apr 28, 2020 - Executive Assistant in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The mission is a shared vision of all onboard. The children are everything to us. The best of the best work here!

Cons

The existence of childhood cancer.

Human Resources

Thank you for your review! Just imagine, one day, thanks to the hard work of our researchers and clinicians, and those around the world, we'll look at your "Cons" and be able to say, "This is no longer a threat to our children." Thank you for being a part of our mission!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Outstanding CEO with clear strategic (and tactical) visions. A pleasure to work for.

Feb 12, 2020 - Executive Assistant in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The obvious vision that translates into clear values that all employees uphold. It is a gift to work all day at something that matters as much as finding cures and saving lives. Dr. Downing express that vision and the values in all he does.

Cons

I have yet to find one.

Talent Experience Advisor

Thank you for your thoughtful recognition of Dr. Downing's work and leadership. We are fortunate to have a president and CEO who is as dedicated as he is. Thank you for all that you do to contribute to our mission!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A great place to work!

Apr 3, 2018 - Executive Assistant in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is a great place to work. The mission is solid and the management is committed to staying current and providing opportunities for growth and advancement in all career paths, while staying true to the cause of finding cures and saving lives. There is a connection/camaraderie between the staff that helps to promote a caring and thoughtful environment. The benefits are also great. If you are fortunate enough to work at St. Jude your life will be truly enriched.

Cons

There are no cons working at St. Jude.

Recruiter

Thank you for your glowing review and your 3+ years of service! We are thrilled to see how you enjoy both your coworkers and the work you do here. Keep it up!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Truly a great place to work!

Sep 7, 2017 - Executive Assistant in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can say that they have the BEST medical/dental/vision insurance policies of any organization where I've worked, in Memphis. The Administration at SJ really wants all employees to have work/life balance. To assist employees with this, they have a first class gym, on campus, with free membership to all employees. They offer group exercise programs or, you may choose to take an afternoon bike ride with other employees. And, the best surprise of all, we will occasionally receive "additional" days off on major holidays. Since Christmas is on a Monday this year (2017) we were also given the Friday prior as an additional holiday. And, they just increased the amount of vacation you get!

Cons

Wow, I cannot think of any cons about working at SJ. When I first began working at SJ, it sometimes would upset me if I saw a sick child. Now, after fully understanding the mission and seeing the ongoing efforts the doctors and researchers, I know SJ is the BEST place for the children facing these challenges.

34 people found this review helpful

Recruiter

Wow, thank you so much for your incredible review. We thank you for your dedication to our mission. Keep up the great work!

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Executive Assistant

Oct 24, 2017 - Executive Assistant in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company, real family atmosphere

Cons

Facilities do not shut down during harsh weather

1 person found this review helpful

Recruiter

Thank you for your review. Since we provide around the clock, life saving treatments and in-patient care it is not an option to shut the facility down due to weather. YOU keep up the good work!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Place to Work!!

Business Outlook

Pros

I love the mission of St. Jude. We have a great CEO who is not only compassionate about the patients, but the employees as well. Love working with my team.

Cons

Having to clock in. Would be nice to be able at the level of Executive Assistant and above, not to clock in. Wasted meetings and tasks.

1 person found this review helpful

Recruiter

Thank you for the review! This is great feedback and will be shared with the appropriate departments.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

GREATEST WORKPLACE EVER!

Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership is always trying to improve the workplace and makes us feel valued everyday. We focus on our mission as a whole at all times. Our patients are treated with kindness and dignity and spoiled whenever possible. There is such pride in witnessing this so frequently. Keeps one humble and thankful on a daily basis.

Cons

Being at work reminds us that catastrophic diseases steal our children's health without prejudice.

Recruiter

Thank you for your review. You are valued! These are all great points. Thanks again.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Job pros and cons

Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and incentives. Great place to work. Great career opportunities.

Cons

There are no cons in my job position.

Recruiter

Thank you so much for your review and for all your years of service with us. We are so glad you love the work you do here.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Reviews