KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Chair, President and CEO James Downing
James Downing
Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great for academia

Jan 12, 2021 - Research Lab Specialist in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

World class facilities and resources

Cons

Academic institution with the same issues that all academic institutions have.

Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience. We hope that your time at St. Jude prepared you for a lifetime of great success in your field. Thank you for your time here!

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to work!

Feb 22, 2021 - Research Lab Specialist in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Tremendous facilities provided for performing research at highest level, excellent environment, funding, great scientific leaders around.

Cons

1. Salaries are not comparable to other organization particularly Industry for same experience level. 2. Absence of career ladder. 3. Above cons are the primary reason for failing to retain/bring great talents other than the faculty levels.

2 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

Hi! Thanks for your review! We're so glad that you enjoy the environment and that our facilities aid in your research. Human Resources, in conjunction with executive leadership, has put a lot of time and effort into the development of a new research career ladder. We are hopeful that we can announce it soon. This will hopefully provide better career guidance and upward mobility for our employees. Bear with us, we'll have some news soon!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

There's a reason this place is consistently voted a great place to work

Oct 9, 2019 - Research Lab Specialist in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent benefits - 7% 403b contribution (as in, they GIVE you cash money) -- you can contribute whatever you want. Full health (90%), vision, and dental coverage. So many vacation days I'm now at a point where I have to take time off. Every high-tech toy a scientist could want. Oh, and free parking! But the real reason to work at St. Jude is the work that we do here. There is one (1) cafeteria on campus, by design, so all the doctors and scientists and patient families all converge. Even if you have a terrible day in the lab/office/etc., you take one look at those beautiful babies and are reminded to get back to the fight. You will never have a day where you question the mission. You will always feel like you are contributing to something great.

Cons

I work long hours/weekends sometimes

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Response

What an awesome review to read from a longtime employee! We value our employees and their health and well-being, so it's satisfying to read that you enjoy your benefits and have plenty of vacation time. We also try to ensure that you have all the resources you need, and that includes the toys! What is most important to read is that you embody our St. Jude values and embrace our mission. Thank you for your commitment to our patients. And don't worry: Puggle and Huckleberry have already made it abundantly clear that they'd like more pups to join their team.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Research work aiming towards prevention of cancer

Jan 22, 2020 - Research Lab Specialist in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

excellent research teams and facility

Cons

Takes time to adjust to the work environment

Talent Experience Advisor

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to read that you have great resources and a dependable team to assist in your work. If you have concerns about the work environment or have suggestions on how new employees can better adjust, please consider calling HR so that we can help. We strive to ensure that all employees are safe, happy, and healthy, and we don't want anyone to undergo a difficult or tumultuous adjustment period. We appreciate your honest review and hope that you will thrive in your work environment here at St. Jude!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great values, atmosphere

Jul 16, 2015 - Research Lab Specialist in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

St. Jude is a wonderful place to work. Everyone contributes in some small way to helping children. You really feel the warmth and sense of community here.

Cons

Faculty are treated like gods and if you work for one who is a bad manager (or a bad person in general), there is absolutely nothing you can do about it, but suffer in silence.

Recruiter

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We are glad you love your job and that you understand how your contribution lends to the mission of St. Jude. We encourage you and other St. Jude employees that might have similar concerns regarding the management in their departments to make an appointment to speak with our Employee Relations department.They are a valuable resource in situations like this. Thank you again for your review and keep up the good work!

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good experience while there but Very poor while seeking Employment from within or as external candidate

May 6, 2015 - Research Lab Specialist in Cordova, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Benefits, Average pay, Easy work environment good work life balance. One feels good work for a good cause.

Cons

Weird Recruitment policies, You do not hear from them for months and then they show up as interviewed but not selected however, no one even called you over phone for discussion. The recruitment process is painfully slow.

5 people found this review helpful

Recruiter

Thank you very much for your review. We defintiely don't like seeing that you feel the recruiting procees is subpar. With over 20 years of recruting experience, our Talent Acquisition team prides itself on finding qualified applicants for all open position at St. Jude in a timely manner. Sometimes the hiring process can take longer than we like but we always want to ensure that we are hiring the best individual for the job. As the job seeker, you have the ability to review your application status on our career site and can call to get an update as well. Thanks again for the review and good luck in your future endeavors.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Research Lab specialist

Feb 1, 2016 - Research Lab Specialist in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues are very professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. The resources are wonderful. The supervisors are very encouraging and considerate. As long as you have a good idea, you will always have a chance to take an adventure. Working environment is very safe, clean and comfortable.

Cons

you will have a busy life here at least for me.

Recruiter

Thank you for your review and service at St. Jude. We are glad you like the work environment that St. Jude provides. Keep up the good work!

8. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

St Jude is a great place

Sep 11, 2015 - Research Lab Specialist in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team work, talented workers, focused aims make St Jude Children's Research Hospital a great place to work. St Jude is oriented towards providing world class care to little patients for free. This is godly work done purely to save children. I am proud to be a part of St Jude.

Cons

I can't think of any. It will be a blessing to maintain what St Jude is doing so the great work continues...

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

This is an awesome research hospital.

Jun 4, 2018 - Research Lab Specialist in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great core facilities and lots of experts in various fields of research.

Cons

Lack of education opportunities around the city

Recruiter

Thank you for your review and for your 10+ years of service! We are proud of our state of the art facilities and amazing research staff, all with the goal of eradicating childhood cancer. It is unclear what type of education opportunities you are referring to that you feel are lacking here in Memphis. UT Health Science Center and the University of Memphis offer fantastic programs in the fields of Medicine, Nursing, and Research. Memphis is also the home to Rhodes College and Baptist University School of Nursing. If you are seeking to continue your own education, each department has a budget committed to this cause, so you may need to speak with your manager regarding your options for continuing education courses in your field. Finally, if you are referring to K-12 education, there are many opportunities in Memphis City and the surrounding suburbs for both public and private K-12 schooling. Please feel free to contact our HR department if you have further questions, we would love to point you (or anyone else who is reading this) to the appropriate resources for your education needs. Thank you again for your review!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

It's awesome place to work.

Jan 3, 2015 - Research Lab Specialist in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

provide work friendly. Emphasizing work-life balance. good benefits.

Cons

no bonus, job stability is related with research fund.

Recruiter

Thank you for your kind words! We really appreciate the work you do.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Reviews