KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The benefits have been great for me and I really couldn't ask for more in regards to this.(in 175 reviews)
  • "Great people and the institution really values its employees.(in 56 reviews)
  • "pay is good it’s been good(in 25 reviews)
  • "The culture is amazing.(in 24 reviews)
  • "The entire campus is employee friendly.(in 23 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

We stay busy, but it's a rewarding place to work!

Aug 25, 2021 - Human Resources Specialist in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

We have incredible healthcare benefits!!! I feel like St. Jude looks out for my health and well-being. I love having an onsite pharmacy and clinic; it makes it way easier for me to keep appointments during the day. I respect our administrative leadership's efforts to better increase and highlight diversity and inclusion. Our workforce is very diverse, but it's nice to see that it's increasingly celebrated. In the past year we've formed the women's + allies resource group and the Black employees + allies resource group. They, along with our PRIDE group, are doing some incredible things on campus. I feel lucky to be a part of these groups and help celebrate our diversity. We mandated the vaccine!!! I feel valued and safe and also very proud that we are taking steps to protect our patients and their families, as well as each other and each other's families. St. Jude churns out some powerful and world-changing research. Our resources and our faculty are top-notch; I am always so proud to be in Memphis and a part of this incredible institution. Working in HR, I love to be a part of hiring, training, and elevating employees. I believe that we are equipped and empowered to be some of the best.

Cons

It's a pandemic, so we are BUSY. We're tired and stressed. We've been forced to make some changes in some of our departments to better handle the pandemic. Some of us have transitioned to remote work (guess that's not really a con for most people though). But I feel like I have been supported by this organization even on the rough days and I look forward to when I can return to complaining about something way less serious, like our Starbucks line being too long.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thank you for your review! We especially appreciate you taking the time to mention our employee resource groups, including PRIDE, the BEARG, and the WARG. We are glad that you feel supported, even though it has been a stressful time to work in healthcare. Thank you for your honest advice to management. We are currently brainstorming additional ways to elevate and relieve our clinical workforce, who have continued to perform above and beyond, as they always do, the past 18 months. We are hopeful that one day soon, the Starbucks line will return to being the most inconvenient part of your day (want to skip the line? Remember that you can order ahead on the GrubHub app!).

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

May 26, 2022 - Senior Business Analyst in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The hospital has a great mission!! Great place to work!

Cons

Great place to work! The hospital has a great mission!!

3. 5.0

great place to work

May 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mission of St Jude Children’s Research Hospital

Cons

Wish there were more remote options

Human Resources

Thank you for your review! Remote work has been at the discretion of the department, but please contact HR if you have concerns that your needs are not being met.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

May 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Noble mission; Supportive environment; Great people

Cons

I can't find any. Nothing obvious.

Human Resources

How wonderful to read! Thanks for your dedication and service!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company

May 12, 2022 - Medical Technologist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefit is off the chart!

Cons

HR tried to low ball when offer 1 st time . Know your worth and negotiate

Human Resources

Thanks for your review! We continue to try to offer competitive compensation for our employees, but negotiation is always encouraged. Welcome to St. Jude and thank you for being part of our mission! The work of our medical technologist community is invaluable!

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great mission

May 27, 2022 - Clinical Fellow
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mission, patients, resources for family

Cons

long work hours, lacks an educational mission

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company, advancement is hard

May 25, 2022 - Patient Care Associate (PCA)
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a overall great place to work. Benefits, compensation, and incentives are at the top!

Cons

Con is that it is hard to move around. Managers seem to hold you back from advancing.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great resources

May 21, 2022 - Postdoctoral Fellow
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great facilities and people. Can really focus on the science.

Cons

Often expected to work long hours

Human Resources

Thank you for your review! We know that postdoctoral work means some long hours in the lab. Please reach out to our employee relations team or the academic programs office if you need guidance or help. Our goal is to provide everyone with a suitable work/life balance so that they can thrive in their personal lives as well as their professional lives.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Most amazing place to work!!!

May 3, 2022 - Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing values-driven culture, highly-trained co-workers who elevate me to be the best version of professional self, wonderful leadership from the CEO down to team leaders and amazing benefits! Psychosocial services is valued at the institution.

Cons

My only comment pertains to the ongoing growth in staff, projects and new buildings, parking is becoming a daily challenge.

Human Resources

That's wonderful to read! Thanks for being part of such an incredible team. We're working on alleviating the parking situation because we know it's a challenge. Please stay tuned for updates and thanks for your review!

10. 3.0

Limited Growth

May 17, 2022 - Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

The mission of the hospital is phenomenal and one that they take serious.

Cons

Departments block you from transferring forcing good employees to leave.

Human Resources

Hello! Please contact our compensation team to learn more about the research career ladder. Transfers between departments are absolutely permitted, as dictated by employee relations. If you have sought a transfer and not received it, employee relations can provide a reason why. We wish you the best of luck in your current role and hope that you'll contact us regarding transfers/promotions to learn more about other roles for which you qualify.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 982 Reviews

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Reviews FAQs

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 1,071 reviews left anonymously by employees. 92% of employees would recommend working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital to a friend and 89% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

92% of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated St. Jude Children's Research Hospital 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital to be career development, senior leadership, benefits and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital? Share Your Experiences

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Careers

Cover image for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital – Why Work For Us? At St. Jude, we strive to recruit and retain the most driven and talented...More

• Careers
  • Research/Patient Care
  • Only at St. Jude
  • Military

Company Updates

24 days ago

Company News
Pioneering researcher J. Paul Taylor, M.D., Ph.D., has been named scientific director and executive vice president of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Taylor steps into the role during a pivotal time of growth for the hospital. He has been serving as chair of the Department of Cell and Molecular Biology and directing the Pediatric Translational Neuroscience Initiative, a new endeavor that leverages the hospital’s strengths in research and experimental therapeutics to develop cures for childhood neurological diseases. Congrats, Dr. Taylor!
Shared image - J. Paul Taylor, M.D., Ph.D., named scientific director and executive vice president of St. Jude
www.stjude.org

66 days ago

Company News
Four Ukrainian children and their family members arrived this week at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis. St. Jude is the first hospital in the U.S. to receive patients from Ukraine. The families travelled aboard a U.S. government-operated medical transport aircraft from Krakow, Poland. Thanks to St. Jude Global's initiative, SAFER Ukraine, these patients will receive cancer treatment and trauma-informed psychosocial therapy to address psychological, social, emotional, and cultural needs.
Shared image - First Ukrainian pediatric cancer patients evacuated to U.S. arrive safely at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
www.stjude.org