St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 11, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.7

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "They also have a great work/life balance as they say you should never take work home with you" (in 33 reviews)

• "Jude Children's Research Hospital is a great place to work" (in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons working at St" (in 25 reviews)

• "There are not really cons to working for St" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital"

Current Employee - Clinical Research Coordinator in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Clinical Research Coordinator in Memphis, TN

I have been working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Global leadership as one of the world's premier pediatric cancer research centers, whose mission is to find cures for children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases through research and treatment.
    Cutting-edge research in understanding the molecular, genetic and chemical bases of catastrophic diseases in children; identifying cures for such diseases; and promoting their prevention.
    Outstanding clinical research studies in gene therapy, bone marrow transplantation, chemotherapy, biochemistry of normal and cancerous cells, radiation treatment, blood diseases, resistance to therapy, viruses, hereditary diseases, influenza, pediatric AIDS, psychological effects of catastrophic illnesses, and the long-term outcomes of its patients.
    Top leadership, world-renowned scientists, physicians and support staff. Excellent continuing education career advancement opportunities. An environment that promotes the health, well-being and work-life balance of employees, recognizes and supports exceptional performance.
    St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is growing at the speed of scientific discovery and advancement. There are and will be many opportunities for those with a passion for excellence and an inner drive to work hard to help fulfill the mission to globally "Find cures and save lives".

Cons

After almost a decade, I can say that it is still an honor and a privilege to serve in this organization, and am truly humbled and amazed every day at the work that goes on here.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. Keep doing what you are doing!

Oct 5, 2018 – Recruiter

Wow! Thank you very much for the review. We truly appreciate your passion and dedication to our mission. Employees such as yourself are the backbone of our institution and are an inspiration to... More

2. "Nurse Extern"

I worked at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time

Pros

Great staff
    Management was helpful
    Good learning experience

Cons

None, it was a wonderful place to work

3. "One of the BEST places to work in healthcare in West Tennessee"

I have been working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Patient-centered environment, Employees are appreciated for all of their hard work, CEO is truly a people-person, Work-life balance is excellent, wages are great, benefits are awesome, and there are growth opportunities within.

Cons

You may not always get the BEST managers or coworkers at times, but working for an organization that values its employees makes it worth it.

Oct 11, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We are so glad to read that you enjoy the work you do here, knowing you are valued and compensated for all your hard work. All individuals, management and employees alike... More

4. "Field rep"

I have been working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time

Pros

Excellent culture
    Great cause
    Wonderful peers

Cons

Weekend work
    Long hours
    Better pay needed

Oct 15, 2018 – Recruiter

Thanks for the review and keep up the hard work! We really appreciate it.

5. "Data analyst"

Pros

Cons

I have nothing to say about the downside until now.

Sep 28, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We want to be the leader in treating and curing pediatric cancer and other catastrophic childhood diseases. We are so glad you recognize how the work you do every day helps... More

6. "Maintenance assistant"

Current Employee - Maintenance Assistant in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Maintenance Assistant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a great place to work and grow and learn great information for leaning

Cons

Ok its just me so far no down side just great people

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job our Department in management

Sep 28, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review!

7. "Sr. Chemical Technician"

Current Employee - Senior Chemical Technician in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Chemical Technician in Memphis, TN

Pros

The Organization has an opportunity that all your skill level & educational goals.

Cons

limit to job duties and excise skill level.

Advice to Management

Please allow your employee to grow with the skill levels of their educational background.

Sep 28, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review and your 8+ years of service! Please contact your HR representative regarding your specific education and growth needs. They will be able to show you the resources we have... More

8. "I Love St. Jude"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been employed at St. Jude for 30 years. I've seen it grow from a small institution to a World Class Organization. Our CEO believes his greatest assets walk out the doors every night. He is employee focused, and has made St. Jude a Great Place to Work. Our mission is number 1! I am so proud and honored to work for such an amazing organization. Our benefits are the best in the city. St. Jude takes pride in offering higher than Market average wages - typically in the 60th percentile or higher. St. Jude operates in full compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. I LOVE St. Jude

Cons

It's a great place to work

Sep 28, 2018 – Recruiter

Wow! Thank you so much for your review and for your 30 years of service! We are proud to have you on the team.

9. "Pioneers Welcome"

Pros

St. Jude is a great place to work for people who want to pioneer, breaking barriers and doing things that nobody has done before. There is a culture of excellence and teamwork pervasive within the research area (where I work). The work is meaningful, the staff are focused on a common vision in a way I've never seen anywhere else, and there is a willingness to take risks if they can have a big positive impact for children.

Cons

The intensity of the mission and the difficulty of what we do can make the work demanding at times.

Sep 26, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you very much for your review! We really appreciate all of your hard work.

10. "I love to work here!"

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Research Associate
    Current Employee - Postdoctoral Research Associate

Pros

The workplace at St.Jude is awesome. I love working here with a great mission and comprehensive technology platform.

Cons

I'd love to help St.Jude getting better. But I just new here and I have nothing to say about the downside until now. Maybe next time!

Sep 26, 2018 – Recruiter

Thanks for the review and welcome!