St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Chair, President and CEO James Downing
James Downing

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The Administration at SJ really wants all employees to have work/life balance (in 27 reviews)

• They take it to heart that they would like for this to be a great place to work (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no cons in my job position (in 15 reviews)

• Not many cons, a lot of meetings (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Truly a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I can say that they have the BEST medical/dental/vision insurance policies of any organization where I've worked, in Memphis. The Administration at SJ really wants all employees to have work/life balance. To assist employees with this, they have a first class gym, on campus, with free membership to all employees. They offer group exercise programs or, you may choose to take an afternoon bike ride with other employees. And, the best surprise of all, we will occasionally receive "additional" days off on major holidays. Since Christmas is on a Monday this year (2017) we were also given the Friday prior as an additional holiday. And, they just increased the amount of vacation you get!

Cons

Wow, I cannot think of any cons about working at SJ. When I first began working at SJ, it sometimes would upset me if I saw a sick child. Now, after fully understanding the mission and seeing the ongoing efforts the doctors and researchers, I know SJ is the BEST place for the children facing these challenges.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Response

Sep 11, 2017 – Recruiter

Wow, thank you so much for your incredible review. We thank you for your dedication to our mission. Keep up the great work!

2. "GSR"

I have been working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working at St. Jude, It is the best job I have ever had. The employees are some of the most caring people you will ever meet. Great benefits and a great CEO. And they show how much they appreciate their employees. Its a great feeling to know that you are helping patients and their families. Wonderful feeling

Cons

There are no cons at all

3. "St. Jude is a dream job"

I have been working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. Working with the brightest and most motivated folks on the planet.
    2. Contributing to the mission of saving lives and finding cures.
    3. Being inspired daily by the children we serve.

Cons

I've been here 5 years, and I still haven't found the cons of working at St. Jude.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work

4. "Proud to work here"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Memphis, TN

I have been working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Everyone buys into the mission of finding cures & saving children. It is a very diverse community both the patients and the employees. I work with physicians and scientists that are truly "top of their field". People are happy to share their knowledge.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the realization that not all of our patients have a good outcome.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. It would be helpful to keep staff better informed when changes are made & departments are reorganized. Sometimes it is difficult to find the contact person we need to reach.

5. "An Amazing Place to Work"

Pros

Becoming an employee at St. Jude is like becoming a part of a family. There's support for your interests, opportunities to grow, and outstanding benefits. The employees here truly believe in, and support the mission.

Cons

Just with every family, every job is not without its challenges. However, those are minimal compared to the feeling that you are truly supporting the mission.

6. "Quality Program Manager"

Current Employee - Quality Program Manager in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Quality Program Manager in Memphis, TN

Pros

I love working at St. Jude. I feel very blessed to have been chosen to work with such intelligent, compassionate people. Its an honor to be here.

Cons

I can't think of any cons about St. Jude.

7. "Administrative Director"

I have been working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time

Pros

The employee benefits such as, excellent and affordable health insurance, fabulous lunch facilities, competitive wages, and "surprise" bonuses and holidays make St. Jude a very enjoyable work environment.

Cons

Some of the salary structure policies do not allow for flexibility, which can put a strain on departmental leadership.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing; however, loosen up on the salary allocation policies.

8. "Purposeful Work"

Current Employee - Senior Clinical Analyst in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Clinical Analyst in Memphis, TN

Pros

I make a difference every day I am here. I work with excellent colleagues who have become friends. The benefits are not only tangible but intangible as well. The entire campus is employee friendly. We are saving these children and what could be a better purpose!

Cons

Seeing the children makes me want to work harder for them but it is sad at the same time.

Advice to Management

thank you for making this a great place to work

9. "Awesome place to work at"

Pros

Friendly people and environment. Lovely place for any one to join and gain some experience on working life. Awesome place!

Cons

None yet. I have not not seen any cons about this place despite working here for awhile. Great friendly people

Advice to Management

Allow more career progression opportunities

10. "Awesome place"

Current Employee - Director in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Director in Memphis, TN

I have been working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work supporting a great mission

Cons

None that I can think of at this time

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Response

Oct 18, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review!