KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Engaged Employer

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Add a Review

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Employee Reviews about "great place"

Updated Oct 12, 2021

Found 76 of over 984 reviews

4.5
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Chair, President and CEO James Downing
James Downing
Pros
  • "Great benefits, world renowned research(in 86 reviews)

• "Great place to work with excellent values(in 69 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Jude is in the process of adapting to incredible growth over the past several years with more growth on the horizon(in 94 reviews)

• "I have no complaints about working at St(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great place"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Clinical Variant Scientist

Oct 12, 2021 - Clinical Variant Scientist in Memphis, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work with excellent values

Cons

No real cons to mention

Human Resources

We are glad that you enjoy working here! Currently we are accepting nominations for our annual St. Jude values recognition. If you have a coworker that you think especially exemplifies St. Jude's core values, please consider nominating them.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Mission driven high performing employer

Sep 25, 2021 - Director in Memphis, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mission of the organization is part of everything Employees are valued and appreciated Stewardship is a true value of the organization Campus is a great place to work Innovation and progress are embraced

Cons

Work life balance can be challenging It can be emotionally difficult to see sick patients Diversity in leadership positions Inconsistency in quality of leadership and work environment/morale across departments/divisions.

Human Resources

Thank you for pointing out so many wonderful pros of working at St. Jude! We're glad that you noticed stewardship, innovation, and progress, all of which are huge parts of our organization's core values. As we continue to expand, it remains one of our goals to support our employees, including being allies to and elevating our employees of color, LGBTQIA+ employees, and women within the organization. We continue to strive to find ways to ease the burdens of stress and grief on our workforce. We are hopeful that employees will continue to come forward with ideas to uplift and support our workforce. Thank you for speaking up!

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place

Sep 25, 2021 - IT Analyst in Memphis, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work and great doctors/scientists. Great place to work for academicians, post docs but not for IT positions and administrative/operations jobs.

Cons

Not great for compensation and acknowledging your hard work. No career opportunities.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thank you for a candid review of your experience. Reviews are anonymous, so we cannot contact you. Will you consider speaking to employee relations so that we have the opportunity to look into your situation? Our compensation team can show you the career ladder and salary grade for your role and discuss options for advancement with you.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

good place to work

Aug 19, 2021 - Senior Researcher
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is great place to work. good balance between work and life

Cons

you may not get much chance to grow and gain more experience

Human Resources

Hi! Thank you for leaving a review. We are so happy to have had you as a part of the St. Jude mission. Best of luck in your next role and please contact us if you're considering a return to St. Jude.

5. 5.0

great place

Jul 4, 2021 - Research Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

save kids is the mission

Cons

It's a great place to work at.

Human Resources

Thank you for your review! We agree that it's a great place to work!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

Apr 21, 2021 - Clinical Trial Coverage Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall a great place to work. I love my job, benefits, and our CEO!

Cons

Managers do not have to make the job harder than what it is, by making snide remarks, making people feel as though they do not know what they are doing, speaking in a condescending way, and having favorites in the department (when it is clearly seen). There is really no way to evaluate managers so that their boss is aware. There is no career ladder.

Continue reading

Human Resources

Hi! Thank you for your candid review. The actions you are describing are not in line with St. Jude's values. While it's wonderful to read that you love your job, it sounds like there is room for improvement in your quality of life while working here. Would you consider contacting Employee Relations to discuss this matter further? Concerning the career ladder for your department: please contact the Compensation team. They can share you the career ladder for your department and discuss available options. The Learning & Development team can also assist you with upward mobility and next steps. We look forward to assisting you if you feel comfortable reaching out.

7. 5.0

aide

Apr 8, 2021 - Dietary Aide
      Business Outlook

Pros

great place to work all around

Cons

none at all . loved it

Human Resources

We're so glad that you love working here! Your work is indispensable to the safety and health of our patients, so thank you for taking such good care of them!

8. 5.0

Great place to work

Dec 11, 2020 - Director in Memphis, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great place to work

Cons

There are no cons. SJ is amazing.

Human Resources

Hey there! Thank you for the kind words! We're glad that you're enjoying your role here at St. Jude.

9. 5.0

Service

Oct 27, 2020 - Chaplain in Memphis, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great place to work

Cons

Growing institution-difficult to get to know people outside ones area.

Human Resources

Thanks for your review! The organization's rapid growth means a lot of positive changes, but change can also be hard. It also means that intermingling among teams and departments looks a little different. Our current safety protocol is in place to protect our employees and our patients, but the zoning restrictions often keep our clinical employees far removed from our non-clinical employees. If you'd like to stay connected and meet new people, please contact Human Resources for on-campus volunteer activities that might help. If you have not already, enroll for one of Diversity & Inclusion's "Courageous Conversations" to network and meet with other employees. Finally, consider joining the Tour Guide Community, a close-knit group of employees from across the institution. Do you have another idea of how to break down barriers between departments? Please share it with HR Communications! We love new ideas that foster collaboration and friendship on campus.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work

Oct 25, 2020 - Education Coordinator in Memphis, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work due to a wonderful CEO. Great management from the top trickles down to staff. CEO gives regular town meetings and includes staff across the institution to select topics for discussion.

Cons

Sometimes you will overwork yourself because you get caught up in the mission. Seeing the sick children is a constant reality check.

Continue reading

Human Resources

Thank you for your review and thank you for your years of service to the kids of St. Jude! Our CEO and executive leadership believe in transparency for our employees, so it's great that you felt that was the case during your tenure here. For employees who become stressed, whether due to what they experience or overworking themselves, we have numerous resources including the Living Well program, the Resilience Center, and the Employee Assistance Program. We hope you were able to find peace when you found yourself working to the point of stress or sadness. Thank you again!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 76 Reviews